Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Singapore F1 GP

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpat View Post
    Japanese performance cars are like japanese schoolgirls. By the time they are 15 years old they've all been molested so your only option is to choose one where the previous owner had similar perversions to yourself.

Wasnt too bad of a race - most of the action was mid field and there were some decent battles going on. Sure, it was "boring" if you wanted Ric to win, but wasnt that bad overall.

Surely Ves has got to take some of the blame for the accident going in to turn one. Although Vettel did move over on him, there was no way known he didnt know Kimi was alongside him and his movement was a massive over reaction - there was a good metre and a bit between his car and Vettels when he moved over on Kimi.

They probably all share some blame for being so aggressive at the start of a race in those kind of conditions. Most of the blame must rest with Vettel though.

Yeah I thought it was a good race considering it was pinned to have zero overtakes. For a while there pretty much every lap had an overtake somewhere in the field.

Sainz has a good drive. I thought maybe he'd get driver of the day.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Quote Originally Posted by F3ARED View Post
    Wasnt too bad of a race - most of the action was mid field and there were some decent battles going on. Sure, it was "boring" if you wanted Ric to win, but wasnt that bad overall.

Surely Ves has got to take some of the blame for the accident going in to turn one. Although Vettel did move over on him, there was no way known he didnt know Kimi was alongside him and his movement was a massive over reaction - there was a good metre and a bit between his car and Vettels when he moved over on Kimi.
    So the collision would have happened .5 of a second later? Vettel was coming regardless.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

I spent the whole race in some random corporate function on turn 13. I drank a lot of free champagne.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Yeah I thought it was a good race considering it was pinned to have zero overtakes. For a while there pretty much every lap had an overtake somewhere in the field.

Sainz has a good drive. I thought maybe he'd get driver of the day.
    I rate young Carlos. He gets a bit over-shadowed by all the hype surrounding Verstappen and Stroll [in his cause, mainly negative] but he gets solid results, generally drives clean and has dominated his team mate.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    So the collision would have happened .5 of a second later? Vettel was coming regardless.
    That would imply Vettel was moving over the whole way and would continue moving over, which i dont think was the case - he would have to have yielded at some point. My take is that Verstappen moved over early in an attempt to block Kimi who was already well and truly past him. He seems to have no problem holding his ground diving into a corner at speeds and moving towards his opponent [much like Vettel just did then] when it suits him. If he held his ground, Vettel wouldnt have continued moving over or risked puncture to LHR, Kimi would have beaten both to T1.

You make your own luck; it cant just be "bad luck" that Ves is continually involved in tangles with other cars.

N-

Stroll is not doing that bad in the second half of the season. Has shown solid performance in the wet on multiple occasions. If there was a day to bin a car yesterday was it but he was solid all race. He needs some more confidence to attack a little more aggressively when he has opportunities but he is definitely improving.

I reckon that was Vettel's equivalent of Webber in Korea 2010. Any more bad performances and Bottas could take second in the championship.
    Last edited by Rona; 18-09-17 at 11:22 AM.
    If in doubt power out

Its not always bad luck, of course, but I think it was last night.

Max concentrating on getting off the line quickly, sees Kimi coming up on the left, holds his line knowing Kimi prob wont make it past in time... nekminute Vettel comes across to close Max's line off without realising Kimi is there. I dont think Vettel closed in dangerously quickly, he thought Max had room to avoid him... but he didnt.

Racing incident IMO
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

I actually enjoyed the race, good bit of entertainment in the mid packs and ballsy moves, K-Mags couple of moments for example.

Thought Dan would of been right up Lewis arse but just didn't seem to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

How Alonso's car carried on for the 20 laps or so after his turn 1 incident...
    Panzer Wagen

M-Cars follow the idea that power should be felt & not seen

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman Don View Post
    I actually enjoyed the race, good bit of entertainment in the mid packs and ballsy moves, K-Mags couple of moments for example.

Thought Dan would of been right up Lewis arse but just didn't seem to happen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqRSXEJh3m8

Christian Horner mentions Dan suffered a gearbox oil pressure issue and had to manage the car to make it all the way to the end. Would say that was the reason why.

https://gfycat.com/SaltyOddAcaciarat

100% squeezed by the ferraris.
    Last edited by CussCuss; 18-09-17 at 02:03 PM.
    this signature intentionally left blank

Yeah - no arguments about it.

I was surprised to see Dan not all over Lewis too - but since when has a gearbox with low pressure last a race, especially one with as many gear changes as Singas?

Lucky for him!
    #teamtremolo

1st corner 1st lap its racing thats what happens when they all want to win.
    Shit happens.
    Great result for ricci.
    I told them I once raced cars (total lie ) pissed them right off I will think of something bigger.

turbosurfer

We had a great pub crawl leading up to the race, then hit these frozen Margarita drinks right across from the podium, my mate was getting chummy with the chick making them and she was free pouring a fuck load of booze into them.
    Running on the track at the end was pretty cool, then went and saw the last 30mins of Calvin Harris. Hot chicks errywhere
    Last edited by Greg Rust; 18-09-17 at 04:22 PM.
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Max equal on points with Perez

The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    Hopefully Hamilton doesn't have a spectacular engine failure at Sepang again. Would be a shame if the WDC levelled up leading into the final races.

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post

Christian Horner mentions Dan suffered a gearbox oil pressure issue and had to manage the car to make it all the way to the end. Would say that was the reason why.
    I got that, thought was later part of race though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rust View Post
    We had a great pub crawl leading up to the race, then hit these frozen Margarita drinks right across from the podium, my mate was getting chummy with the chick making them and she was free pouring a fuck load of booze into them.
    Running on the track at the end was pretty cool, then went and saw the last 30mins of Calvin Harris. Hot chicks errywhere
    Pics or ban
    #teamtremolo

Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    Great result for ricci.
    I dunno, the only thing Great was that he held in for 2nd. He didnít really fight his way to it.
    He was bested by Hamilton at the start ... as well as Alonso!!

Was disappointed with his race pace considering what he was like in practice, and with it being Singapore in the wet.

Except he had a car issue that meant a DNF was more likely than a podium - notice he didn't seem too upset at the result?
    #teamtremolo

Quote Originally Posted by 1uz-zte View Post
    Max equal on points with Perez
    Max is the WDC in waiting. Just ask him.

Except he had a car issue that meant a DNF was more likely than a podium - notice he didn't seem too upset at the result?
    For sure. I also think the Mercedes worked better with the lower track temps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Just watching replay. They had in car footage and sound of ricciardos car with a few minutes to go. Can hear the box rattling like fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post

At one point midway through the race they showed some incar of Dan and you could hear he was short shifting. I was surprised the commentators didn't pick this up. Shame. Based on practice he deserved a chance to compete for the top step.

Slow mo of the start.

Registered tax offender SuperDave's Avatar
    Dan should sign this for Seb.
    My car
    Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher View Post
    I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Strange how it plucked the nose completely off
    #teamtremolo

Strange how it plucked the nose completely off
    It was a pretty gentle nose into the wall on the spin after T3. Not surprised that it just tore the Dzus', or whatever they use, out.
    Chris
    ------
    I cant get no sleep...
    AE86 race car thread is finally up to date | Supposedly i have a new daily project too
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence