Thread: Need a Double Din Car Play Head unit cheaper than ILX-007E

Need a Double Din Car Play Head unit cheaper than ILX-007E

So I need a head unit for the RX7. The requirements are:

• Car Play- Apple but prefer both just in case the iPhone fucks me off
    • Handsfree kit
    • Reverse Camera Input
    • Electrical Aerial signal
    • As clean as possible

I want an ILX-007E but $700 is a lot. Are there any cheaper alternatives that won't shit me to tears? I'm fairly intolerant of shit that doesn't work or is slow etc.

Opens
    It's pretty much the cheapest on the market from what I know.

Alpine have just released a new version too that supports wireless carplay (ILX-107 from memory) so that one is already the old lameness rather than the new hotness.

ILX-007 is probably the cheapest Car Play unit you can get - RRP is $699 but can be bought for less. Had mine since they came out (i paid $950 with Alpine camera) - great unit , it just works.

SONY XAV-AX100 ?
    have seen it around for under $600
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Quote Originally Posted by The Pupat View Post
    It's pretty much the cheapest on the market from what I know.

Alpine have just released a new version too that supports wireless carplay (ILX-107 from memory) so that one is already the old lameness rather than the new hotness.
    Wireless carplay interests me greatly! Will investigate

If I wasn't so retarded I'd write an app to have my iphone talk to an amplifier and reverse camera and just use it as my stereo instead.

check your pms

Quote Originally Posted by lukevl View Post
    Wireless carplay interests me greatly! Will investigate

If I wasn't so retarded I'd write an app to have my iphone talk to an amplifier and reverse camera and just use it as my stereo instead.
    I thought this too at first, but you need to charge the iPhone while using carplay anyway if any more than an hour or two so USB connection
    is not that bad. I have two XAV-AX100s and they are good, but, that said, wifi mirroring so you can use Google maps or Waze maps is of
    interest for any new one I get.....

gh
    Radical SR3
    HSV R8

Dmx 7017bts from Ryda on eBay with code picnic was about 530 I think delivered, but I didn't check if it can have camera etc as I don't need it.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Fuckin show off.

Are you using it? Is it fast and functional for everything else?

pioneer AVH-Z5050BT is $638 with 20% off on ebay from same mob as PLAYA. 798 full price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pioneer-A...QAAOSwCotZoPeF
    Last edited by burn is weird; 20-09-17 at 01:17 PM.

Oo___oO

i have 2x ilx007's in my cars and they are outstanding. i put a cheaper pioneer unit in my mum and dads car and the touch screen is slower and far less responsive.

just buy the ilx007, wait for a 20% ebay code if you wanna jew it
    I am a retarded 747 captain who now sells waterslides in Perth.

That's the sort of recommendation I needed. Will hope a jew discount comes up soon

damn, just saw this. you missed 18% off on Thursday night. i'll keep watching.

Yeah I tried to do that but couldn't figure out what seller it was for.

it is 20% off now till the 27th...
    code is in the title of the add.

Cheers
    Stew
    Keep the shiney side up !!

Am I being a retard? What eBay seller has this sale?

theres only 3 sellers on ebay with the ilx007 at the moment

autobarn $699
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alpine-7-...MAAOSwYlJW2M5i

some other random store $699 +$15 shipping
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alpine-iL...gAAOSw-0xYU9F4

some other medium sized store $718
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alpine-IL...MAAOSwXetZT9PB

either autobarn or the medium sized store should be good for a 20% voucher sooner or later. which will bring them to $560. it may take a while but one will pop up.

however if you wanna bypass all that shit and get one sooner, some random seller is selling one "as new bought and wouldnt fit in my car" for $580.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alpine-iL...kAAOSwyXhZwP4l

$580 seems a good deal, maybe give it a bid

Is Apple Maps any good these days? The satnav on my current Alpine unit (INE-W920R) really pisses me off (rest of the unit is great). It sets the weirdest routes to get almost anywhere. Updating the maps requires a Windows PC (which I don't have) and the maps are expensive.

I've used Google maps on the iPhone for big motorcycle trips and it worked as well as my TomTom. I just remember all the bad press about Apple Maps in the early days and all of these CarPlay head units only use AppleMaps with iPhones.
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Apple maps these days is pretty good in my experience. I just put a couple of CarPlay compatible head units in my two commodores and
    they are fine. Traffic etc. seems to be as good as Google maps now, does not have lane guidance in Brisbane as far as I see, but is coming.

You can use mirroring with some newer head units to use Waze or Google maps. Exploring that option for third car.

Its good enough that I don't even think of putting one of my Garmins in the cars now.
    Radical SR3
    HSV R8

The ilx007 is discontinued and a newer model with wireless CarPlay is coming out around $870 as the base model so I was told. Lifestyle shop in parramatta have 2 left so I picked one of them for $600 as of a week ago.

Sales guy was sus so I don't know if he was full of shit but i was using a jvc display so i had to upgrade.

Apple maps has improved from back in the day but needs to update service stations better! So many times where it says there's a servo there and it's an apartment block, or someone's house. So stressful when your running on fumes...
    Bill. Psn - hxbtbox

https://pages2.ebay.com.au/Buyer_cou...72823096605510

20% off electronics promo code for eBay. Selected sellers only as per the list in the link above. Not sure if they stock the stereo you are after.

Apple maps seems to be fine now. I always use Google maps, but this exact issue forced me to use Apple. Haven't had any issues.

I was driving down the freeway today, with apple maps on taking me to my destination. And all of a sudden it said "take this exit cunt" and i was like "no, i wanna go straight" but for whatever reason i did it anyway. As i took the exit it followed the freeway for a while and i saw all traffic stopped and backed up for km's due to an accident.

That shit somehow knew there was an accident there and took me on a 10km detour around it and put me back onto the freeway after the accident. Probably saved me a good hour.

Outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Shermuz View Post
    I was driving down the freeway today, with apple maps on taking me to my destination. And all of a sudden it said "take this exit cunt" and i was like "no, i wanna go straight" but for whatever reason i did it anyway. As i took the exit it followed the freeway for a while and i saw all traffic stopped and backed up for km's due to an accident.

That shit somehow knew there was an accident there and took me on a 10km detour around it and put me back onto the freeway after the accident. Probably saved me a good hour.

Outstanding!
    It uses location data of all the other stopped cars to work they're not moving. It will then route other cars approaching traffic jam to an alt route.

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYA View Post
    Dmx 7017bts from Ryda on eBay with code picnic was about 530 I think delivered, but I didn't check if it can have camera etc as I don't need it.
    ^This
    I bought one for the RX8, has reverse cam, vid out etc Can interface with Kenwood dashcam also.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Picked up a new Alpine iLX-107 from Strathfield Car Radio for $845. This is the new one with wireless Apple Car Play and they don't seem to be in many shops yet. Should be an easy swap over with the reverse cam, microphone etc from my older Alpine INE-W920R.

Plenty of places running out the older iLX-007 under $600.
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.