Thread: LS1 / Corvette fuel filter fittings issue

LS1 / Corvette fuel filter fittings issue

Anyone have much experience with these?

Im using one in my fuel system, and using adapters to convert from the GM quick connect fittings, to AN6

Question relates to the output side of the filter - a female 3/8" GM quick connect. I've got a male 3/8" to male AN6 adapter shoved in there, but it's wiggly as fuck. You can feel an oring sealing in there, but the amount of up/down left/right toggle that's possible is a bit disconcerting. All other fittings of this type are firm and have a reassuring amount of resistance to them.

Curious to know if this is normal, or perhaps there's supposed to be a second oring that gets pushed out easily. Or perhaps I'm just paranoid.

Fitting to the left in the pic below

Mit freundlichen Gre

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Duckworth View Post
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

I have run this set up for the past 5 years. Yep they are wiggly and feel shit but work. No leaks in mine.

Ok... it's an uneasy feeling knowing that's the hot side of the pressure circuit, and yet has the shittiest fitting (it wobbles a good 5-10mm side to side!)
    Mit freundlichen Gre

"I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

See pic... fitting tilts in the filter a good 5mm upwards...

Mit freundlichen Gre

sexy fingers
    yeah got the same filter/reg in my patrol with wiggly fittings and never had an issue.
    GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
    VF2 Redline Ute

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)