Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of buying a new SS-V Redline

Talk me out of buying a new SS-V Redline

Help needed. Why should or shouldn't I buy a new SS-V Redline?

Won't be a daily driver. Just for the odd outing here and there.

Would prefer a manual. I think.

Don't think I could bring myself to a Motorsport Edition as I just can't feel comfortable getting about with all those silly decals. But do like the idea of the adaptive dampers.

Note, I haven't driven one yet so after having a test drive, I may very well change my mind.

Talk me out of this madness. Quickly please.

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    Oh that's easy.
    Firstly due to low supply they're full RRP at the moment.
    Second they've all been ordered, so getting the colour you want is unlikely ... and who pays full RRP for not their colour of choice?
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Its probably the last cheap V8 you will ever be able to buy new; Also probably wont drop like a stone in resale.
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

Shut up! Reality not required, disincentive required.

Besides, Rustangs can be had for about the same money (shame they're a lower quality & nastier product).
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

6.2L v8 manual RWD with quit nice aesthetics and a very well equipped interior. Why wouldn't you? If I were even remotely in the financial position to have one as a weekender I would.
    Can you even go buy a new one anymore? I figured with a couple of mo the to go you'd be lucky to pick up an ex-demo at best.

Just buy one. Anything Series II with the LS3 is sweet, so even if you buy one a year old with low kms you're cheering. Might even pick up an LSA HSV if you're prepared to spend a few dollars more...

Quote Originally Posted by EJ DUDE View Post
    Can you even go buy a new one anymore? I figured with a couple of mo the to go you'd be lucky to pick up an ex-demo at best.
    No you can still buy 'em new, just no discounts nor colour choice available any more.

Temporary Australian Rorz de Puniet's Avatar
    Get one. I'd just get the non-Motorsport edition and throw a set of Teins from Fulcum in. Had a set in a VE and would highly recommend. Much better handling without a significant decline in ride/NVH.
    Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

Camaro is coming.

End.

Why buy for a weekender? If it's a daily and you want to tow or like long drives, then yes. Weekender should be a classic 60's or 70's car. Or even a VN SS with an LS3.
    NA8B 89KW- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
    NB8B 181KW- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
    VP 293KW- P.I 1:46.0 WNTN 1:33.5

Talk me out of buying a new SS-V Redline

Iíll cop a spray for this but the LS actually go well on the bbq gas. Iím with lightyear, get one for a daily and put a good lpg system in it and live the dream
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

The answer is you should buy one. So... stop fucking around and post pics of one when you get it.
    CAD Automotive Paint Correction

I've never been a fan of Commodores. Zero interest in them.

I picked up a s2 redline manual in January. Love it so much!

Do it.

sexy fingers
    yeah do it, if its shit some other cunt will buy it off you. and pull the bimodal relay off so its open all the time.

but srs the park sensors and that shit is way too loud, feels like the noise is inside my head. maybe it is?
    GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
    VF2 Redline Ute

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Quote Originally Posted by FioriGuy View Post
    Camaro is coming.

End.
    But ... $90k? That's a bit difficult to swallow for something that's pretty much the same thing, except made of cheaper bits & not screwed-together as well.

Stigma, are you a knuckle dragging bonehead?
    Or should you buy the supercharged E39 540 thats was/is for sale?

^ Yeah, a weekend car isn't supposed to be something you get in & it actually works!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post

Talk me out of this madness. Quickly please.
    Buy a Stinger GT instead .. for more money, no exhaust note, worse handling, turbo lag, more weight and no manual. It's the future!

Otherwise, why haven't you bought the SSV yet if you can afford it?

Quote Originally Posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    No you can still buy 'em new, just no discounts nor colour choice available any more.
    I got the colour I wanted.

Yes, really.
    Joe will be boosting up the streets sucking shit tins of Methanol and popping purple flames!!

Technically it's not a colour.

Fucking cunts. Tempting me to buy one as well. I love to get a white Motorsport Edition. Maybe in a couple of years time when I've paid down the mortgage, fucking slate roof !! If didn't have that expense this year it would have been achievable.

It's OK MZ21, you can't get the Motorsport Edition with the slate roof anyway; so you're not missing out there.

Its a new take on a woodie

I have no idea what you are talking about.
    *shifty-eyed-dog.jpg*

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    Maybe in a couple of years time when I've paid down the mortgage, fucking slate roof !! If didn't have that expense this year it would have been achievable.
    Get an artificial slate roof then :P
    http://www.davinciroofscapes.com/pro...width-davinci/

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    Sorry OP, I can't help you. I bought exactly the spec you're talking about for exactly the sort of occasional use you're describing and I can't wipe the smile off my face.

Maybe you don't like being happy? That might be a good reason not to get one.

BRB, off to improve the neighbourhood with sweet V8 rumble, pop and crackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    It's OK MZ21, you can't get the Motorsport Edition with the slate roof anyway; so you're not missing out there.
    Shirley 3M can offer up the slate roof option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    Fucking cunts. Tempting me to buy one as well. I love to get a white Motorsport Edition. Maybe in a couple of years time when I've paid down the mortgage, fucking slate roof !! If didn't have that expense this year it would have been achievable.
    Soft. Like an ice cream left in the sun soft...

Do It....

I've got a green manual redline arriving Friday.....can't wait

Hold out for the Opel Insignia replacement. You won't regret it! (Fuck! Is that the maximum amount of italics I can get?)
    He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everestís summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.