Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summit Racing WTF?

Summit Racing WTF?

Fellas,

Just ordered some bits from Summit Racing in the US, paid by credit card. Nothing received as yet so checked email, recieved an email from them stating the following:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your current order, although we have a pending authorization on your credit card, your bank will not verify card ownership for the Merchant, see MASTERCARD Card, XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. Your credit card is NOT declining.

Foreign orders take an additional amount of processing time due to the necessary documentation that must accompany the orders. ******Additional information may also need to be obtained by our Credit Card Verifications Department, due to the ** RANDOM ** verification process, prior to shipping an order. ******Due to the additional documentation and possible credit card verification, Foreign orders will not be shipped the same day the order is placed.

For security reasons we will need you to e-mail us the following:

1. Clear, legible, copies of the front and back of your credit card.
    A. For your security you have the option to blank out all but the first and last four numbers of the credit
    card: XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX
    B. You have the option to blank out the CVN, three digit number, on the back of the credit card

2. Clear legible copies of the front and back of a picture I.D, (driverís license / passport).
    A. You have the option to blank out any ID number on your picture ID.

**** PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL FILES LARGER THAN 5 MEGA BYTES ****

Please e-mail the copies in JPG format files to us at idinfo@summitracing.com.

***IF ILLEGIBLE COPIES ARE RECEIVED, THERE WILL BE A REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL COPIES*****

PLEASE BE SURE TO PUT YOUR ORDER NUMBER ON YOUR E-MAIL.

PLEASE REFERENCE YOUR ORDER NUMBER XXXX IN ALL CORRESPONDENCE AND WHEN CALLING US REGARDING THE ORDER.

YOUR IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REGARDING THIS E-MAIL AND YOUR ORDER IS REQUESTED. IF NO RESPONSE IS RECEIVED BY 02-10-17 IT WILL BE NECESSARY TO CANCEL THE ORDER.

Please do not respond to the e-mail address you receive this from, please respond to the e-mail provided. If you have any questions regarding this request please contact me at 330-630-5340, ext. 6519, FAX 1-330-572-3284, OR E-MAIL: idinfo@summitracing.com, Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM EST.

Once we receive the above information we will be able to fully process your order.

Thank you for your time and we apologize for any inconvenience

Sincerely,
    Summit Racing Verification Department
    Phone 1-800-962-8359
    Fucking. Wat? Is this for real or is some Nigerian trying to scam my id

Actually looks pretty genuine. Try Paypal?

Probably are trying to stop their losses with credit card fraud.

They bill the card, send the item that day. Next day bank calls up said it was a stolen card. Summit would be out of pocket for the parts. (at a guess)

However I have never seen it done this way.

Things you don't want: scans of front and back of your credit card sitting on some company's email server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post
    Actually looks pretty genuine. Try Paypal?
    It does, but then again the best scams generally do look genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by mad_cow View Post
    Probably are trying to stop their losses with credit card fraud.

They bill the card, send the item that day. Next day bank calls up said it was a stolen card. Summit would be out of pocket for the parts. (at a guess)

However I have never seen it done this way.
    Whilst I understand they are probably subject to fraud on a regular and rather expensive basis, im sure many businesses are faced with the same issue. Requesting someone send you a photo of their credit card or passport, drivers license etc is going a bit too far to be comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by aerobrick View Post
    Things you don't want: scans of front and back of your credit card sitting on some company's email server.
    Add to that and/or passport or license.

N-

CVN is a key so, limited value with it blanked out. Blanking 8/16 digits also makes it very worthless.
    No ID number - again... not much use.

Ive had US online stores do the same with shit i bought.

sexy fingers
    yeah ive never had to do that with summit although my last order was a couple months ago.
    GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
    VF2 Redline Ute

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

I never understand people wanting a scanned copy of ID over the interwebs. All it proves is that someone out there has that name, it isn't necessarily you, you might just have their card.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    No the
    joke on you guys because your so fucking dumb.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

I just bought a bunch of stuff from Summit. Paid with Visa and no issues.

Didn't get anything like this from them.

This will be due to the banks not covering the retailer for fraudulent card transactions. No Amount of proof of delivery helps, the banks just refund the transaction and you're down whatever stock and the cash. We have had several at my work which were 5 or 6 months down the track from the sale.

As a side note, if anyone knows of a online payment gateway that offers fraud protection please let me know

I've had a similar issue many years ago (not with Summit), from memory I called them and sorted it out over the phone without having to provide any scans or copies of card. It was a bit of a hassle but more reassuring.

Pay via Paypal if it's an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy San View Post
    This will be due to the banks not covering the retailer for fraudulent card transactions. No Amount of proof of delivery helps, the banks just refund the transaction and you're down whatever stock and the cash. We have had several at my work which were 5 or 6 months down the track from the sale.

As a side note, if anyone knows of a online payment gateway that offers fraud protection please let me know
    Maybe try asking them for a scanned copy of their license and credit card? In all seriousness, sorry to hear it - would have thought signed delivery would help in that regard?

Just to be clear, there is no fucking chance I am sending a photo of either my license or my credit card. Could you imagine the shit storm that would happen in the event the bank caught wind that I had sent a photo of my card out online regardless of numbers blocked out, and that card happened to have unauthorized transactions occur on it?

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    Pay via Paypal if it's an issue.
    This. Had a similar issue with garage whifbitz, their merchant 'world pay' had an issue with my card and was no way to get it lined up no matter what we tried (did not ask for copies though). Paypal went through without an issue using different billing vs shipping address.

Never had an issue with my bank/card for any other purchase before or after.
    this signature intentionally left blank

+1 for Paypal instead, ordered from Summit yesterday no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by race6.3l
    Only gripes are the bluetooth and stereo are bread and butter spec, not one person has been able to hear me properly during a call, even with my head all contorted towards the roof mounted microphone like im trying to growl a chic sitting on a clothesline

send benjamins in brown envelope?
    Sloth: [Sloff] Noun, like Skompa but with euro shitboxen, a large bearded person, with a penchant for cider and garlic pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    That's retardism cunt stop discriminating against me and my fellow retards.

is scam

If that's not a scam, someone in their office needs a kick up the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    I never understand people wanting a scanned copy of ID over the interwebs. All it proves is that someone out there has that name, it isn't necessarily you, you might just have their card.

Or you might just have photoshop!
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

So they want you to send copies of your credit card with bits blanked out but they sent the full 16 digits in an (insecure) email? Fucking LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Shonky View Post
    So they want you to send copies of your credit card with bits blanked out but they sent the full 16 digits in an (insecure) email? Fucking LOL...
    To be fair, they only had the first 4 and last 4 digits listed in email.

Either way, not fucking impressed if Im honest. Sent email asking if order was cancelled or on hold, stated I would not be sending the photos through and asked what other payment methods were available to get around this. Received reply; Your order has been cancelled, thank you. Thats it.

Now need to get my ARP stuff from elsewhere; anyone have any reliable sources? Tried VPW already, theyd have to order in and it wouldnt arrive for another 10 weeks or something.

N-

Iíve had salamis thrown by summit before. Once had an email refusing to ship out of the states and wanted me to get an agent to organise.

Try speedinc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

Vagina Enthusiast
    Rocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman Don View Post
    Iíve had salamis thrown by summit before. Once had an email refusing to ship out of the states and wanted me to get an agent to organise.

Try speedinc.
    Yeah well that's bullshit, they send me their catalog every year without fail. Makes for great man dunny reading. Definitely sounds hokey though regarding needing photos of credit cards etc, imagine the time tied up in admin having to verify every day for every similar transaction. No way would Summit be fucked doing that, they'd find another way around it for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Jegs won't ship to Aus?
    Quote Originally Posted by myshortyboomba View Post
    I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Adelaide, if I'm not there I'm somewhere else
    May I suggest giving them a call?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit Racing
    Retail Store Hours and Locations
    Published 08/29/2001 02:03 PM
    Updated 09/22/2017 02:19 PM
    **All stores are open 7 days a week from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.**

Tallmadge, OH
    1200 Southeast Ave.
    Tallmadge, Ohio 44278
    Phone: 1-330-630-0250
    Sparks, NV
    960 E. Glendale Ave.
    Sparks, Nevada 89431
    Phone: 1-775-352-8787
    McDonough, GA
    20 King Mill Road
    McDonough, Georgia 30253
    Phone: 1-770-288-3200
    Arlington, TX
    2200 East Interstate 20
    Arlington, TX 76018
    Phone: 1-682-375-2700
    Notes
    Summit Racing Retail Stores are either closed or have special hours, on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.

Answers others found helpful.

Order Online, Pickup in Store
    Contact Us
    Domestic Shipping
    Return Policy
    Payment Options

Quote Originally Posted by F3ARED View Post
    To be fair, they only had the first 4 and last 4 digits listed in email.

Either way, not fucking impressed if Im honest. Sent email asking if order was cancelled or on hold, stated I would not be sending the photos through and asked what other payment methods were available to get around this. Received reply; Your order has been cancelled, thank you. Thats it.

Now need to get my ARP stuff from elsewhere; anyone have any reliable sources? Tried VPW already, theyd have to order in and it wouldnt arrive for another 10 weeks or something.

N-
    I'm the vpw rep, what part number

Quote Originally Posted by 1320ft View Post
    I'm the vpw rep, what part number
    Forgot about that.

1x AR201-2802
    Flywheel Bolt Kit
    Suit BMW 2.3L (S14) M12 x 1.5mm Thread x 1.100" UHL (28mm UHL)

1x AR208-4702
    Head Stud Kit, 12-Point Nut
    Suit Honda 2.0L S2000 (F20), Under Cut Stud

Fella I spoke to said none in stock, would have to order in. Something about the next container not arriving for some time

No different to other shops in Aus.

I have done cc orders and they wonít do it interstate without front off cc and drivers licence copies sent first.

They get done by stolen cards all the time.

Just use paypal. Great for the buyer but a pain for the seller (but does offer protection both ways).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah