Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summit Racing WTF?

See if VPW can airfreight them. Recently they did that for 3 x remote master cyl kits I ordered and it was $74. Good value I thought.

An online business in NZ had a similar thing when i ordered an item for $1500. I called the bank and told them of the order, it was approved and they sent the money through to the business. Item got shipped, everybody happy

The message you got it that the bank told them they cannot verify it's you. Therefore if you clear it up with the bank they can advise the shop it's really you and then you don't need to send private information to a random person. I wouldn't send people my info so i went the bank route instead.

Wishes he was him \/\/ Sathanas's Avatar
    Yeah this happens on other sites like deal extreme. They wanted pictures of my drivers license, credit card etc, ended up cancelling the order and going somewhere else less onerous
    Quote Originally Posted by ahabthearab View Post
    If you're in Amsterdam why the fuck are you even conscious and not in a drug fueled haze bent over with some crackhore hooker jamming a giant black didldo up your arse?

PayPal is good for safety but their exchange rates suck balls. Can hurt on big transactions. I have gone without the safety and done transfers with phone calls made prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    I never understand people wanting a scanned copy of ID over the interwebs. All it proves is that someone out there has that name, it isn't necessarily you, you might just have their card.

Agreed, fucking stupid really. I guess it limits those who might just have bought numbers but a lot of chance of lost sales. Summit must have been stung bad a few times, yes usually the merchant will wear the loss.

As someone who has an online business, I can fully understand their position. I've been stung 5-6 times in the last few years for amounts between $500 and $1000. It's all to do with transactions made where there is no card present and no signature (basically all online sales). Anyone can call their bank and reverse a transaction and the bank immediately takes the money from the merchant. It is then up to the merchant to prove it and without the signature, they don't have a leg to stand on. Don't be upset by it, they are taking a big risk processing an international transaction with no signature.
    When I make an online sale for a decent amount, I will try and look them up on google/whitepages/facebook. If there is no matches, I'll email, apologise that I can't process an amount that large without their card being present and ask them to do it by Paypal. It only offends the honest people.

^ I have an online business too (it's digital product though so really less of a loss for me if it goes pear shaped), 90% of my sales would be outside Australia so really i just have to go with it and hope. Funnily enough i've never had one proper fraudulent transaction in over 5 years of business, it's the fucking charge backs that kill me. I get $1k - $3k worth of chargebacks a year, totally legitimate transactions and i have proof the orders were fulfilled and the customer used the service and got the value they purchased yet it's basically a lottery whether the credit card company gives me the money back. The time and hassle is a nightmare too, unless the order is worth a couple of hundred i'll just take the loss coz the hours involved aren't worth it trying to prove and recoup the money. Sometimes i'll email the customer and give them the proof and they will ring the credit card company and tell them to retrun the $ but really that's rare, people are fucking lazy especially when it's about money they think they can keep if they ignore it. I actually find Paypal a bit more empathetic, well sometimes coz Paypal can be right cunts too. Really it's a cost of doing business that must be factored in to your profit margin. If i was shipping physical goods that i had paid for then i'd certainly be phoning customers and triple checking orders are real.