Thread: Electric Heater Demisters.

Electric Heater Demisters.

Sup nigs, I'm doing a bit to my TE Corty, and want to piss off the standard heater box arrangement in the engine bay.

Anybody used an electric demister setup?

Whats the hotness?

Thanks gents.

It might be worth seeing if the Clubby (as in lotus 7) community use. I do recall an electric option from one of the kit-car mobs in the uk.

Even the water-air units are quite compact and maybe useable underdash instead of engine bay.
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

I have one in one of the Minis.
    It's about as effective as those public toilet hand driers, ie like an asthmatic trying to blow out a birthday cake.
    Is OK for passing rego requirements.
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a Navara with the deadly ZD30

what about one of them cheapies from aliexpress/banggood that supposedly run from a ciggie lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by awdmoke View Post
    It's about as effective as those public toilet hand driers..
    Name:  Shakes Head.gif
Views: 278
Size:  857.9 KB

Back on topic. I presume it's a race car as your not using a factory style setup, so why not use elements like on the back window?

Have you considered or checked if there is an electric heated windscreen available with the element built into the laminate?
    https://www.facebook.com/motorsportwindscreens.com.au/ does a lot of screens in IPRA and worth a chat

If the car is not registered, use a rear demister. What Mizone said. This is a well proven solution.
    Last edited by Sprinkles; 07-10-17 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks gents, it is a registered car.

The heater core outlets foul on the sheetmetal intake I'll be using on the xflow.

I could flip the core etc, but I'd love to fuck it off completely from the engine bay if I could.

I made a ghetto system from a bilge pump, 90mm DWV, PWM controller from AliExpress and some 12V heat exchangers, total cost $51 and it's amazing.
    Downside is that it's big and quite ugly. Actually very ugly, but effective!

I run one in the ute. Works fine.
    expect zero cabin heating. But adequate windscreen demisting. Cunt draws 40 amps at full whack, I have the ecu controlling a relay to a diode and resistor to max the alt output when it's on. New ecu will do same without the niggering because not haltech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoggett View Post
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Try Aussie Desert Coolers or trawl the UK clubbie suppliers.

I used a 12v hairdryer to get H plates on my V8 MGB GT but it would take 15 years to turn the top of a rice pudding brown .....

i used two 12v camping heaters in mine, they are perfect shape to sit under the two wide slots in the dash, 20A each passed roadworthy and engineering nicely, and some good weight saved. not sure how effective they are never driven at a time when they're needed.
    meh

reverse cycle AC

I use an old retrofit hot wire demister on the race car. Got it from a classic car mob.

Should get a new one and refit it, but the mob has gone bust.
    Chris
    ------
    I cant get no sleep...
    AE86 race car thread is finally up to date | Supposedly i have a new daily project too
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by awdmoke View Post
    I have one in one of the Minis.
    It's about as effective as those public toilet hand driers, ie like an asthmatic trying to blow out a birthday cake.
    Is OK for passing rego requirements.
    my experience too. massive current draw, and abso-fucking-useless to demist anything. but passes engineering.

find a small heatercore and 12v fan.
    GT-P
    Bandsenkowagon

cunt
    use a 12Volt hair drier, makeshift the cunt to fit and blow hot air to the window
    Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
    I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...