Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest insurance go-to for modded cars?

I've only ever had to make one claim, hit a kangaroo, and MB Prestige were great to deal with.
    $800 worth of tows and my choice of repairer with no hassle at all.

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    The question is, what sort of claim experience has anyone had with these other insurers?
    Anyone can screw up.
    Purely by luck I know that CU (who were merging at the time to become CGU and were bought by IAG - read NRMA) sold my mashed Liberty wreck at auction without my consent or approval.
    Only found out when the pizza-delivery teen from The Simpsons called me (from name in owner's manual) to ask whether it had been a good car (he'd repaired it using a JDM side-cut), and he'd bought the wreck before CGU had got back to me with the "market value" offer.
    The whole claims process took about 2 months, me contacting them all the time to try & find out what was happening, possibly exacerbated by the theft (although the police had done their fingerprinting before I even got to see it).
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 11-06-19 at 03:44 PM.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    I get there will be some bad experiences when having a claim with Shannons, but that 1 bad experience will go a long with many good experiences.

One thing I learned while working there when it came to bad claims is there was always two sides to the story and it was only the customer who could tell there side (not saying that has happened to anyone on here).

The question is, what sort of claim experience has anyone had with these other insurers?
    Is their underwriter based in Australia or O/S?

Cheap premiums are great, until you get screwed over when it comes to making a claim.
    Yes, theyre obviously all good at taking the money

Paying out the money is what seperates them

Also, in my case, with a very highly modified car - there is seemingly a lot more ways an insurer can wriggle out of it..
    Last edited by yohoes; 12-06-19 at 11:39 AM.

I had a closer read of the PDS from Enthusiast and theres certainly talk of ADR compliance in there.. enough for me to stop looking into it further

It's been a few years since needing to make a claim but the 2 times i needed to were effortless although both were not at fault claims...also back then with an ordinary driving history they were the only ones to insure me with heavily modified daily.

Hopefully things have not changed...last year they upped the value of the weekender for lower yearly rate.
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Ryno
    E30 325is M20 3.1L