Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Dodgy Dealerships

  1. #1
    Registered User Supashake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Roleystone
    Posts
    3,335

    Dodgy Dealerships

    Isuzu are not so honest.
    25k Service, 7 days late so charge a huge penalty, Then the best bit They changed the front diff oil and serviced 4x4 parts on our 4x2 Ute. Then they say all the brakes are worn and need replacement. I'm a Mechanic but thought I would save some time by letting the "Stealership" service both our Isuzus.
    GURU ENGINEERING PTY LTD

  2. #2
    25 schmeckles? Do the safety dance.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,231
    Standard behaviour.
    Find a small guy you can trust, being a mechanic you should be in the best position to weed them out.

  3. #3
    Registered User Stix Zadinia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in bed with some hot mexican chicks
    Posts
    9,174
    why do they charge a penalty for being late to a service? does it make their job harder or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
    Would bang. Did bang. Marrying that shit.
    SUNTORY BOSS is the boss of them all since 1992!

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cuntberra
    Posts
    6,097
    I was servicing a friends car and looked up the prices called the dealer and asked what a service would be and they were undercutting the fuck out of me so I'm doing the service for the same price. They all seem to differ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_fahrquhar View Post
    The au put the fucking tunnel in with the bullbar. Even Chuck Norris respects the ability of the au coon.

  5. #5
    What's that whooshing? Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canberra - ACT
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
    why do they charge a penalty for being late to a service? does it make their job harder or something?
    You havenít heard about all the extra shit that has to be done to make sure the warranty can keep running if you donít service on time?

    Blinker fluid needs changing when oil change intervals are exceeded!
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

  6. #6
    Sandtrap Motorsport Tocchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    35
    imagine if they popped your engine then billed you for the rebuild

  7. #7
    Ellis Juan mizone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    3,694
    Time to write a letter, on paper and send it to HQ in Japan.

    Give them the full story in an unbiased way. Explain why you think Isuzu were wrong and that the dealers behaviour is unacceptable. Ask for them to change their policies and a refund on the seven day extra cost.

    Send the same letter to Australian HQ. Let both parties know you are contacting them.

  8. #8
    Registered User Stix Zadinia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in bed with some hot mexican chicks
    Posts
    9,174
    Quote Originally Posted by mizone View Post
    Time to write a letter, on paper and send it to HQ in Japan.

    Give them the full story in an unbiased way. Explain why you think Isuzu were wrong and that the dealers behaviour is unacceptable. Ask for them to change their policies and a refund on the seven day extra cost.

    Send the same letter to Australian HQ. Let both parties know you are contacting them.
    I know a guy who did this same thing in the 1960's, but was having issues with VW Australia and his car being a lemon since new. He wrote a letter to Wolfsburg and two men in suits showed up, took his keys and handed over a set to a brand new next year model beetle. Back when they gave a crap.

    be interesting to see what Isuzu do - aside from refer you back to the Australian distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
    Would bang. Did bang. Marrying that shit.
    SUNTORY BOSS is the boss of them all since 1992!

  9. #9
    Ellis Juan mizone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    3,694
    If Isuzu don't do anything I think it's a strong argument against the protectionist parallel import laws.

    Look, the importer doesn't give a toss, why are we protecting them still?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    342
    For the record Isuzu themselves bring in the trucks and are generally very good with warranty/goodwill etc.

    Isuzu Utes Australia bring in the Dmax's and Mux's and from all accounts are not so good.

    That is why a lot of Isuzu truck dealerships are not the ute dealers as well.

    IUA only have an agreement for a set amount of time (i think it was a 10 year contract) then potentially Isuzu themselves may look at doing it
    I like Football and Porno and books about War

  11. #11
    Registered User irsa76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Queanbeyan
    Posts
    8,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
    I know a guy who did this same thing in the 1960's, but was having issues with VW Australia and his car being a lemon since new. He wrote a letter to Wolfsburg and two men in suits showed up, took his keys and handed over a set to a brand new next year model beetle. Back when they gave a crap.

    be interesting to see what Isuzu do - aside from refer you back to the Australian distributor
    They've done a few times over the years. We had it happen twice when I was working for the VW dealer, mk4 Golf and a 16V Polo.

    Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •