Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Hq Belmont Wagon (the 'Grocery Getter')

Was thinking about it but have a o/s trip to go on.

Will be doing DC again....which you should also do

You check if those bracing plates bottom out on diff?
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Quote Originally Posted by gtrboyy View Post
    You check if those bracing plates bottom out on diff?
    Yeap all good man, just waitining on diff gears now and hopefully get this rolling again on the weekend

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well not much of an updated, been flat out with work and drags, also have another big meeting on at warwick dragway this weekend so that means no time to work on the Q, so far i have fitted the 9 inch diff with boxed control arms, rebuilt with mini spool and 3.89 diff gears, gave the engine bay a quick tidy up and a lick of paint. Ordered a convertor off geoff @ the convertor shop, ordered monday arv and arrived in Warwick Wednesday. 3500 stall. Engine & trans will go in next week and then we can start on the wirring & fuel system.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I havent touched this in weeks, been flat out, walked in the shed today and sick of seeing the engine bay bare, so hopfully this afternoon ill get the engine and box bolted in for the last time, starter motor fitted and extractors bolted, last few weeeks i was complimenting selling the ls gear and putting a BBC in it.... but i have stuck to my guns and will continue with the ls streeter build Just want to be able to run 11s and drive every where with the family.

Well have not done a thing on the wagon, been busy getting the race car ready for the holden powered nats @ heathcoate in may, then get hooked into the wagon until i brought this project yesterday.... Grandma spec atm but the missus wants to build a tuff turbo cruiser....

And its still in the shed !!!! Updates to follow

So it had been pretty quiet the last few months since my last update, after getting the wrong injectors & rails i finally got the right set of fuel rails and 1000cc sonic injectors fitted up, ordered a set of arp 12 point head studs, castlemaine adjustable starter motor.

Got the engine in for the last time after having to do a bit of modifying to get the pipes to fit. Borrowed a set of 15 x 8.5 inch rims with 4.5 b/s and dummy fitted my 255 et streets on. Soon worked out the tyres were hard up against the bump stops and need a 3.5 inch b/s.

Ordered a 7 in holley display dash which is a very cool product, car sat like this up until weeks ago.

Fitted the starter motor, needed shimming 5mm to mesh, ordered a transcooler with thermo fan setup to keep the th400 cool, both engine dipstick & gearbox dipstick tubes are flexi bradied hose.

Was looking at running a 60ltr fuel cell in the spare tyre tub. Soon ditched that idea as it would be a pain to fill especially with a boot full of tools & parts on drag challange events.
    Ordered the rest of my fuel system, decided to go 1/2 inch e85 alloy hard line underneath the car and -8 braid in the engine bay.

Mounted ecu under the glove box, and started to connect all the sensors up and run loom in position.

Dam i love the older 255 et street tyre design.

Few random mixed photos, will update tonight

With a time frame in mind, quickly rigged up this fuel tank & system to get the car going asap, a new aluminum fuel tank will be getting built very shortly and and a few changes to fuel system.

Twin 044 style pumps for feed, with -8 braided hose going into 1/2 inch e85 alloy hard line underneath the car and back into -8 braid in the engine bay to supply the 1000cc injectors, -8 return line back to tank through regulator.
    Surge tank and lift pump will be setup down the track.

New strange 28 spline yoke fitted to suit 1350 unis compared to the std yoke.

Then fitted the DSK Fabrications tensioner/alternator bracket kit, the bracket spaces needed lathing 6mm to get the belt setup perfect, also used the rodshop power steering delete kit & std tensioner setup.

And fitted Brand new Alternator.

Few random shots, that flex plate was half a hole out on convertor bolts, so had to slightly die grind them, Power Steering delete kit and willwood no booster master cylinder, old 6cyl shocks out, koni adjustable right round now.

Bonnet back on to check clearance, Alloy Radiator & fans turned up. New 15 x 8.5 x 3.5 b/s street pros. 255 ET Streets fitted.

Didnt get a chance to work on the old girl for a few weeks, last weekend we did 3 days straight getting her close, disc brake conversion, fit radiator/fans & lines. Fit Transcooler and lines, wire car, new headlights. New ignition key barrel & door locks. Fit holley display dash, drill & tap axels to 1/2 inch studs, finish fuel tank and fit, Etc

That's looking lovely
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Off she went to my mates work shop, Kev @ KPM Gatton, finished up all loose ends, full exhaust dumped at diff for the moment, got it running & tunned in only a few days. Picked it up last friday ready for the drags.

Unfortunately it rained all weekend and Dragfest got postponed to December 8/9 , she needs lowering all round whe nsitting on the 255s & needs a set of 15s up the front. In saying that at the moment she hooks great on the street, So 14s went back on. Modplated this week & brrn driving it every afternoon, looking to cruise to willowbank this saturday and have its first skid down a track with the l77!!!!

Thanks to Kev & Peta @ Kpm Perfromance, Ross @ JSR Performance & Wal @ Auto Gear Auto Electrical. She came together quick in 2 weeks.

This car is unreal. Venetians and everything.

Are you thinking of doing a bit of resto work to the paint/trims?

Nice to see it all come together.
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Mate at the moment it has come together real quick. Goal is to daily it all year, have some fun & do both qld & vic drag challanges as is then we will dobpaint & panel
    Quote Originally Posted by The Panda View Post
    This car is unreal. Venetians and everything.

Are you thinking of doing a bit of resto work to the paint/trims?

Will be hotting up the 1/4 tomorrow night, see how she goes

Looking good man. The LS is way better than the OG 6 banger. Nice work.

Mayden voyage today, will cruise to willowbank and hopefully get a few passes tonight, finalize some tunning and may turn the bottle on at the end of the night!!! Goal tonight will be to run into the 11s n/a , will keep the revs down and shift around 5800 as I haven't installed the arp headstuds, double valve springs and hardened push rods. Any predictions? 11.50 would be nice

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, will only get better!
    Quote Originally Posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
    Nice to see it all come together.

So drove this from warwick to willowbank yesterday on 14s, crusied mint roughly 3300rpm @ 100ish, on e85. Pulled up at willowbank, jacked it up and put the 255/60/15 Drag Radials on, lined up around 5.30 and got my first pass at 7.45pm!!!! Nice easy burnout 2nd to 3rd, the old girl loves to skid.

Left just slighty off idel around 1400 rpm, 1.83 to 60ft and it wouldnt change into 2nd gear? 1200 rpm delay... finally shifts into 2nd and it starts slipping, so shifted straight into 3rd and ran it out the back door, 12.4 @ 113 mph.

Checked transmisson oil, level was spot on but decided to top it up another litre. 2nd run stalled it up to 2700 rpm, spun the tyres about 40ft out tryed shifting into 2nd & it just sat on the rev limter in 1st, shifted into top and ran 12.7 @ 109mph.

Oil is burnt so the th400 will be pulled out this week and checked out. Will get a transbrake setup while its out.

Mate that sucks to hear, such a long way to travel!

Quote Originally Posted by SR20 KE30 View Post
    Mate that sucks to hear, such a long way to travel!
    Haha its only a hour n 10 man

Thats a bit of a bummer!!! only a couple of weeks till DC...surely you can make it

Bummer on the gearbox. Keep us updated
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Quote Originally Posted by Junga2365 View Post
    Haha its only a hour n 10 man
    Really! Man that's funny i have to go 2hrs to willowbank!