Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impulse buy... crf450r

That's a good heads up on the replacement shaft. My son's 150 has a shaft that's damaged. Local suspension place gets them rechromed. I don't know how that cost compares to these guys, I wonder if they are aware of this option.

BOOSTFARKIN
    Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    That's a good heads up on the replacement shaft. My son's 150 has a shaft that's damaged. Local suspension place gets them rechromed. I don't know how that cost compares to these guys, I wonder if they are aware of this option.
    Yeah dunno guessing would be similar price but waiting on the turnaround could be a deciding factor. These guys had it in the mail that arvo.
    Were also offering a mod as well at that price to increase the range of rebound adjustment.

Because I have the racetech rebound bypass valve it is of no benefit they informed so is just a stock replacement.

BOOSTFARKIN
    From last bit i had troubles with the shock shaft replacement lock nut and inner adjusting rod.
    Just had to apply a little heat on the lock nut to release the lock tight then came off easy.

Mmmm more manky this time was inside the bladder chamber bit of degreaser and brake clean made short work of that.

Assembled ready to be installed with gold valve and rebound separator valve

And with big boy spring installed and ready for bike shop to charge with nitrogen.

Could not help myself had to to plate the spring adjuster nuts.

Got it charged today and installed new upper bearing after work.

Made a tool to hold damper rod so adjuster can be remove easily with out marring with a spanner cause i have a mill i will...

Also made this kind of buggered it up by over traveling but works just fine so went with it.

As mentioned before one of the biggest problems was the forks outers and corrosion i think mainly cosmetic but didnt want to take a chance.
    Any ideas as to why?

Removing the retaining clip. Yes that is my blood the cunt made me bleed for it teach me for being an elechiken and not using the normal go to tools of the trade ie.pliers and screwdriver...

Then with a couple of good solid hits in a slide hammer motion extract inner from outer.

Cleaned up and ready for slapping it back together just put a bag on it they said...
    Assembly is pretty much put the new stuff in the same order the old stuff came off in.

Didnt get a pic but driving the bushing seal in i just wrapped elechicken tape neatly on the inner untill about 3/4 the size of the oil seal and just drove it home by using the inner fork tube as a slide hammer to seat bushing and seal. Installed retainer clip removed tape and pushed dust seal in with fingers.

Moving onto the innards of the cartridge.

On all the nuts in the suspension everything is peened to make sure nothing backs off just have to knock the little bit of the shaft protruding past the nut then nut can be undone.

Fitted compression goldvalves and appropriate valving.

And rebound

Everything bled up filled with oil cleaned and assembled installed appropriate springs and bleeders.
    [/url]

Put front wheel together so could balance bike betterer on the stand.
    [/url]

Last edited by Morcs; 04-12-17 at 11:29 PM.

Looks good cunt ill drop mine off for same treatment when ya done

BOOSTFARKIN
    Meh dont know of any good mechanics do ya ...

You have same issue for electricians .....

BOOSTFARKIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjtonner View Post
    Looks good cunt ill drop mine off for same treatment when ya done
    For a fee... Yours will still be more pimped out then this one. Bring that shock down when you come next and we can do some surgery on it.
    This was my first racetech install and not concerned about pulling that shock apart now. Not as nearly as complicated as I thought they were.
    You will still have to supply the parts though.
    Hang on get the Honda trained technician to do it. I couldn't get him to do the racetech for me...

You have same issue for electricians .....
    I'm only an elechicken so that I can afford to play spanner monkey.

You shold do a write up on yout zinc plating set up and process. I think my shed needs one!

BOOSTFARKIN
    https://janekits.com.au/product-cate...oplating-kits/

http://www.caswellplating.com.au/

I ended up using the caswell kit.

I got this power supply off ebay
    https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/2728482721...&ul_noapp=true

Looking at the cobalt chrome kit for when I start the EH engine bay soon.

Fairly expensive for what it is but as a first step it's easy to follow instructions and gets the results.

After mucking about with this a small recirculation pump and filter would be a better idea then just a fish tank bubble pump in the plating solution.

Tried it without the airpump and lowered the current slightly and came up nice and shiny.

With the process it get airbubbles forming on the surface of the part and cause defects in the surface hence the pump and air pump.

It can get a dullish finish a quick hit with the bead blaster then I was replating but found I could just dip in the chromate and be ok

Fairly sure the little bit of sediment that ends up in the bottom of the tank is culprit and the air bubbles are stirring them up enough for them to become suspended in solution and mix in the plating process.
    Last edited by Morcs; 07-12-17 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcs View Post
    For a fee... Yours will still be more pimped out then this one. Bring that shock down when you come next and we can do some surgery on it.
    This was my first racetech install and not concerned about pulling that shock apart now. Not as nearly as complicated as I thought they were.
    You will still have to supply the parts though.
    Hang on get the Honda trained technician to do it. I couldn't get him to do the racetech for me...

I'm only an elechicken so that I can afford to play spanner monkey.
    Not sure what bit it needs i know it got no rebound control so must be a valve in there that fucked out on that big stack

BOOSTFARKIN
    Not sure what bit it needs i know it got no rebound control so must be a valve in there that fucked out on that big stack
    Got a feeling they use a small ball bearing as a check valve that maybe stuck so recon unlikely to be the stack as not really a moving part unless the retaining nut has backed off slightly.

A calibrated leak device ...and this one is dirty and has wiresso must be electrical says the fister

Vent hose holder one blasted and other just washed.

All cleaned and ready to go had a dyno jet kit for it but had a adaptor to run there jet which pushed the end of the jet outside the anti slosh thing and therefore not overly keen on running it.
    Also had a 250f accelerator pump to go in but it had already been done.
    But did install a boysen quickshot 3 with hotstart.

Bit edo spec but pretty much back together with new, mixture screw ,qs3 ap cover ,a good cleaning lube, and new throttle cables

Bloody hitch hikers went to drop the fuel line on in the morning little bastard near on scared the shit outer me.

Put kits through the master cylinders front and back and calipers

One of the pistons on the front caliper was a little sticky coming out think that mightbe the problem.

As said before will do every fluid on this pile of bolts.
    Lower is showing the original 08 (22mm)steering damper and the top is showing a 11 (24mm)onwards damper = the gold valve was a leftover piece from the 11 i built and never got around to doing.
    Have put in the stiffer valve stack so it will be more damped and there fore a little easier to hang on in the faster sections. Dunno whether it will work but still much cheaper then a full on aftermarket steering damper.

All fitted up

This i thought was going to be a real pain in the arse.

Rivnut was spinning in the frame grabbed out of the washer with vice grips hit it with the rattle gun on a fast burst.
    Opened up the gap behind enough to get grip on the rivnut and just carefully/slowly rattle it out.Ran a m6 tap through it, Inserted the rivnut tool and reset the rivnut in place.
    New washer and bolt and put the cover back on with a bit of lanolin greases prayed down in the guts of the frame.

New way to oil an air cleaner ...

Have spoken about the mesh delete a bit.
    To turn the filter cage into the 2 stroke part number requires either purchasing a new cage or just gentle bending the tabs and pulling the mesh out.

If doing it most recommend going to a flame resistant filter and i have done no different by using a twin air version they have a black inner foam that is the flame resistant bit.
    Have never heard of any that have caught on fire but for the sake of a few extra bucks when buying new filters why take the chance.

Well i have slapped the new chain and sprockets back wheel together fitted new braided brake lines and filled with coolant successfully bled the back brakes.
    Front ones not so much it is proving to be a bit of cunt. Need to revisit with a bit more time/fluid.

Still waiting on a couple of cosmetic things but pretty much need to start it and check the jetting is ok since mesh delete and exhaust baffle change will make it a little leaner then should be ready to go.

Given it a bit of a spray with tire shine.

Might try to get some semi decent pics on the weekend.
    Last edited by Morcs; 12-12-17 at 08:53 PM.

pics? fuck the pics ride the cunt lol

BOOSTFARKIN
    Got to get the front brake right and I will.
    The oversize rotor with Chinese bracket may need some adjustments...
    Wanted to make up some radiator braces too.

Need some cunt to sit in the bobcat and operate slasher so that I can resurrect my little track down the back cunt seems to be me and that cunt needs more time on weekends lol.

Git fucked if I'm doing that in the summer unless a really cool day.

It's almost there! It'd be fuck off hot for that sorta stuff where you are to (slashing)

(mines actually done and put back together believe it or not ) Going to run it in Friday arvo
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

BOOSTFARKIN
    Bobcat is a open cab jobbie so you get covered in shit when slashing so becomes low on the priority list fairly quickly.
    Lady a few years ago started a fire with a lawn mower that hit a rock.
    Especially when this shit is going down fairly close to home. This was on Monday by a lightning strike I ended up bailing on work to make sure our place and inlaws was as ready as possible. Had to keep an eye on it so sent my drone up to have a look.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen_0067d93a503e3497_1512980422000.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	332.0 KB 
ID:	103700

Cool that you are getting yours back

It's not too bad here for heat most summer days are mid to high 20s with a fairly good chance of a sea breeze by lunchtimeish. With the odd 30plus day then goes all thunderstorm in the arvo. That's what Monday was like and not long after the pic it started raining.