Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrangler

Wrangler

Because one Jeep isn't enough and because Toyotas are for terrorists, bought a Wrangler.

Only owned it a couple of months but pretty happy with the mod list so far:

2014 JK Unlimited Oscar Mike/Freedom Edition (MURICAH)
    AEV Suspension
    ARB Front Bar
    Runva 11XP Winch Black/premium
    Rugged ridge XHD rear bar
    AEV Pintlers
    BFG KM2 35x12.5r17 tyres

Took it out to Zig Zag and it absolutely walked up stuff that the Grand Cherokee liked to kick around a bit on, pretty impressed by its ability.

Still need to get a set out sway bar disconnects for the front.

Anyways, will update with decent pictures / action shots when taken:

Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Looks like it's got a Terraflex, or ripoff, spare wheel carrier. Certainly has some big $$ thrown at it, AEV stuff is stupidly expensive, but nice.

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    Looks like it's got a Terraflex, or ripoff, spare wheel carrier. Certainly has some big $$ thrown at it, AEV stuff is stupidly expensive, but nice.
    Yeah the Teraflex HD hinge, I generally don't bother mentioning that, pretty boring mod but necessary.

I thought the AEV kit was decently priced, I paid $1650 for the lift kit which came with a bunch of stuff the others don't include. Added the geo brackets to get the castor back because I really wanted it to drive as well as it can.

It genuinely doesn't drive any worse than stock in my opinion, it's just slower in acceleration / brakes because of the additional mass on the wheels. The tyres weren't even that much louder than stock, quieter than the ST Maxx I had on the Grand Cherokee and barely / not louder than the basic Hankook all terrains on it now.

AEV must have sharpened their pencils then, they used to be bloody expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    AEV must have sharpened their pencils then, they used to be bloody expensive.
    It's definitely the impression people have, but they are just all inclusive compared to other brands where they let you pick and choose.

So you can get a 2.5 inch lift for $400 which is basically rubber blocks or you can get one for $1200 which is missing half the parts etc.

This is relevant to my interest. What flares are they?

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    This is relevant to my interest. What flares are they?
    Stock factory ones.

The Rubicon, Freedom Edition and the Overland come with the colour coded flares.

They are the same width etc as the regular ones.

Do you have a build thread for the Wrangler?
    Last edited by MartyHusseinXF; 06-11-17 at 10:28 PM.

They cover the bigger tyres pretty well (from that angle)

Got any more pics?

Nah, still collecting parts at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    They cover the bigger tyres pretty well (from that angle)

Got any more pics?

Nah, still collecting parts at this stage
    yeah but none showing how far they stick out.

They definitely do stick out, maybe 40-50mm?

I've actually had those tyres replaced (they couldn't balance a couple of them) and swapped with the Micky Thompson Deegan 38's 315/70R17 but in order to settle internet arguments they also have 35/12.5 r17 on the sidewall.

The MT are a fair bit louder, ride is about the same, off road about the same but grip a fair bit better on wet road.

Thats awesome! Wranglers are weapons off road! Good colour too
    Quote Originally Posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
    Thats awesome! Wranglers are weapons off road! Good colour too
    Thanks mate!

Climbing Mount Walker on a damp day, it went about as well as you'd imagine:

Wombat:

Last edited by MartyHusseinXF; 20-11-17 at 07:38 PM.

Hunting Swamp Creatures. Walt Kowalski's Avatar
    Yeehaa. Marty, you will be pleased to know that the Everest Titanium is going up for sale. We love it but even NO PICS wants to get a serious 4x4 now we are in Qld and WRANGLER IT IS. Or will be shortly.
    THANK YOU BIG cuddly MUZ for my PF Badges Of Honour. Love them! Racist, Bigot, Islamaphobe, Xenophobe, Numpty, Moron, Muppet, Far Right Wing Nationalist, Far Fight Wing Fascist, "raving fucking lunatic", "dumb", “climate "denier", “out of your fucking mind” and “batshit crazy”.

Walt’s signature well before Steve Bannons March 2018 speech.

MUCH APPRECIATED Muz. Thanks man.

Want to know about Media Ownership concentration?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRmqRZpCqzg

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
    Yeehaa. Marty, you will be pleased to know that the Everest Titanium is going up for sale. We love it but even NO PICS wants to get a serious 4x4 now we are in Qld and WRANGLER IT IS. Or will be shortly.
    You could probably just put a set of off road wheels and tyres (not 20s) on the Everest, most people are touring and they refer to 4x4 and no one is saying the Wrangler makes the best tourer.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyHusseinXF View Post
    You could probably just put a set of off road wheels and tyres (not 20s) on the Everest, most people are touring and they refer to 4x4 and no one is saying the Wrangler makes the best tourer.
    I tour in mine. Just need to fit a second fuel tank. My 2 door has 120L fuel capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    I tour in mine. Just need to fit a second fuel tank. My 2 door has 120L fuel capacity.
    Yeah, lots of people do it but size is king when it comes to Touring, especially with more than a couple, dual cabs / large wagons etc.

Yeah, lots of people do it but size is king when it comes to Touring, especially with more than a couple, dual cabs / large wagons etc.
    Yeah they are all good except if you want to 4wd while touring then you are stuck with a heavy ifs shitbox. But then I used to tour in sierras so a JK is a luxo barge in comparison

Massively impressed with this thing offroad, went out to Zig Zag and did spanish steps (the hard direction) in the pouring wet, pipeline plus a couple others.

cunt
    that is awesome dude, I'm still debating between the Overland JK or the FJ, with the new Wrangler around the corner maybe prices of the JK will drop a little more and I'll finally take the plunge specially if prices of extra fuel tanks comes down

I would put some clear wrap on the rear flares before they all get chipped, loved the colour coded flares, makes the whole thing look finished vs the forever faded econo ones
    Last edited by XFJET; 27-02-18 at 11:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
    I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Spanish steps in the rain video.

Dodging broken trucks (Asian) on the way down, at the bottom and at the top. Was a bloodbath.

There was a busted Landrover but i'm pretty sure he got broken trying to tow a Toyota to the top of Spanish Steps.

Keen observers may have noticed that the LROR club also have this climb on one of their club videos.
    Last edited by MartyHusseinXF; 29-03-18 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XFJET View Post
    that is awesome dude, I'm still debating between the Overland JK or the FJ, with the new Wrangler around the corner maybe prices of the JK will drop a little more and I'll finally take the plunge specially if prices of extra fuel tanks comes down

I would put some clear wrap on the rear flares before they all get chipped, loved the colour coded flares, makes the whole thing look finished vs the forever faded econo ones
    I dislike the Overland seats, Freedom edition much better. FJ is a better all rounder, but it mainly comes down to level of modification.
    Last edited by MartyHusseinXF; 29-03-18 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Yeah they are all good except if you want to 4wd while touring then you are stuck with a heavy ifs shitbox. But then I used to tour in sierras so a JK is a luxo barge in comparison
    Consider myself turned around on this subject, having owned the car for 6 months and I am considering taking it touring, sickness.

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    I love the JKU's. Very nice.
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Consider myself turned around on this subject, having owned the car for 6 months and I am considering taking it touring, sickness.
    Haha I have done 50000km in the last 12 months in my 2 door jk. Awesome car

My work landcruiser throws a cel every time I go somewhere in it. Jeep doesn’t do that so therefore a Jeep is a better tourer then a landcruiser
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C9FD7A7D-F377-4537-9F27-138EE8165F5B.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	105498  

The FJ is very difficult to sway bar disconnect, front articulation is minimal even heavily modded, you need to chop the body mount to fit decent tyres etc. off-road the JK is a lot better. However the FJ oddly enough has a lot more space for stuff. Even compared with the 4 door Jk it has nearly double the cargo space. The FJ will also guzzle a lot more fuel if you get the pentastar JK. Gearing is better in the JK too. In fact a mate went from a 2016 6.2L Denali to an FJ and the FJ uses significantly more fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

cunt
    part reason I'm considering the FJ more is because of the cargo and extra fuel tank, won't be needing sway disconnect as I'm not into rock crawling, mainly beach work where the traction control of the series2 FJ is fucking unbelievable, even up to the diff in sand and completely bogged, set the speed to 4km/h feet off the pedals and within 3 min it's out of the hole

on the other hand the Wrangler has all the aftermarket support one can dream of, i want a tent on top of it for when we go away and the wrangler is much much better at that than the FJ as even with a front bar the FJ springs are gone, the carrying load of an FJ on stock suspension is like under half a tone, JK not much better but much cheaper to mod with a fuckload more options, also heated seats

will have to make a decision this year thou .... will be hard
    Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
    I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

What diesel is the JL getting? Might be worth waiting for that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Daily: Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

part reason I'm considering the FJ more is because of the cargo and extra fuel tank, won't be needing sway disconnect as I'm not into rock crawling, mainly beach work where the traction control of the series2 FJ is fucking unbelievable, even up to the diff in sand and completely bogged, set the speed to 4km/h feet off the pedals and within 3 min it's out of the hole

on the other hand the Wrangler has all the aftermarket support one can dream of, i want a tent on top of it for when we go away and the wrangler is much much better at that than the FJ as even with a front bar the FJ springs are gone, the carrying load of an FJ on stock suspension is like under half a tone, JK not much better but much cheaper to mod with a fuckload more options, also heated seats

will have to make a decision this year thou .... will be hard
    If you only want it for beach work, may as well get a dual cab for all the difference it makes.

Even the worst 4x4 are solid on the sand.

3x Toyotas got too close to the bowl at Stockton, one got stuck then the other two got stuck trying to pull the first one out.

Pulled two of them out at once.