Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KE26 Windowless Van

Shame after the decent paintjob it seems to have had. Make her gleam again

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

Interesting bit of history. I wonder if Dougy paid the $6000 asking price in 2008?

I paid $0.00 for the one I got in 1998 haha. I saw it parked out the back of the chinese takeaway shop near my house, went in and asked about it one day and he said you can have it but its missing the cylinder head.

You just going to buff the paint out now, or does it need a respray?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitephyre View Post
    Shame after the decent paintjob it seems to have had. Make her gleam again
    Yeah it's a bit odd that he never did anything afterward, It was a running driving car, he only needed to do brakes and put the windows in, and dash that was pulled out, I know he was in a rush to take it to an "All Toyota Day" in 2008 and didn't get the windows back into it in time so it went to the show like this..

Quote Originally Posted by LB-XP View Post
    Interesting bit of history. I wonder if Dougy paid the $6000 asking price in 2008?

I paid $0.00 for the one I got in 1998 haha. I saw it parked out the back of the chinese takeaway shop near my house, went in and asked about it one day and he said you can have it but its missing the cylinder head.

You just going to buff the paint out now, or does it need a respray?

No he didn't, he paid jack shit for it is my guess, but asked the seller not to tell anyone what he paid, unsure why, but the price got dropped down to 2K as the seller lost the place he was storing it and had to be rid of it asap (that was in an add I read) I'd say he paid less than that? but even then, the guy told me he couldn't remember what he sold it for, either that or he is still keeping his promise to not tell lol

So at this point, I'm just going to leave the paint as it is, it can tell the survivor story, and it's still cool enough to cruise like it is, I have enough projects to do without turning this one into a full rebuild as well, maybe if it's still around when the fucking VL is done I might look into it
    Last edited by 350stato; 06-01-18 at 06:18 AM.

Get rid of the VL and work on a decent car instead

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Cunt....

lol

Not a great deal done with this still unfortunately, Did find someone with a set of drum brakes to suit but got busy and never chased it up, will have to get back onto them,

The Orange one had cooling issues so I pulled the radiator to be reco'd so decided I may as well send this one as well at the same time, Still wearing it's Nippondenso badge, appears to be the first time the radiator has been out, I had to cut the hoses off as they had become part of the car after 15 years or so, even then I had to pry them off with a screwdriver! It is not pretty inside, will buy new thermostat and give it a good flush.

I have cleaned the carby out twice now, both times it runs well then starts spluttering again after a bit, idles fine but not happy to have any accelerator, seems to be a heap of shit/dirt stuck inside the body somewhere, Talked to a few guys in the Corolla clubs/forums, they said these ebay carby's are actually decent, think they are still made due to forklifts still using "K" motors, anyway, for $99, I thought fuck it, may as well give it a go, getting sick of cleaning the other bastard out already.

The new carby looks pretty good, minimal differences, for $99 I expected there to be more drama's fitting it,

Only problem I found was the base is cast a little thicker, so the stock short mounting bolts almost aren't long enough but still enough to get the thread on and pull it down, The base has a small provision for something where the accelerator mount bolts on which I had to cut off.

Apart from that the only other problem was running a drill through where the accelerator cable hammer sits as it wasn't quite big enough and the cable had to be adjusted way back as the angle is slightly off, adjusted the idle screw and it fired up straight away, haven't tried to rev it etc as the radiator is still out and half the water galleries are clogged with shit, so it seems good, so at this stage, fuel system is done,

Took the thermostat housing off to replace thermostat and flush motor, has a small amount of shit in there,

It was that blocked, as soon as I pulled the thermostat out, about 1 ltr of water flowed out of the motor at the bottom hose/waterpump end,

Ran out of day to flush motor so will do that tomorrow, am ordering new thermostats and hoses for this one and the orange car, (might start a thread on that one)

The fuck is that, salt? I've seen crystallized glycol before but nothing that clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post

The fuck is that, salt? I've seen crystallized glycol before but nothing that clear.
    Yeah no idea, I assume its been in there for at least 15 years so fuck knows, thankfully it's not through the motor,

Also, now it has wipers lol

Have ordered thermostat etc so awaiting all that shit to turn up and radiator to come back

Looking good now. Nearly ready for rego?

It could be Alumina gel, common with aluminium corrosion.

Quote Originally Posted by LB-XP View Post
    Looking good now. Nearly ready for rego?
    Getting closer but not quite, still need to chase up front brakes, new strut tops, 4 shocks and tyres, find or make new rear bumper brackets, get some wiring sorted and it's away, so not a great deal

Quote Originally Posted by Peter UC View Post
    It could be Alumina gel, common with aluminium corrosion.
    Yeah the housing is pretty corroded, there is some green in it that the camera didn't really show

Jesus... that's fucking scary shit

Radiator(s) came back finally, ordered new hoses, thermostat, housing etc, The one in the Orange car was a bit sad also and been meaning to do it for some time so 2 of the lot thanks.

All fitted up to both cars, another thing of the list(s) Decent size difference between auto & manual.

Even gave the orange one a wipe down, intention of running it out to munchinns shortly.

So this thing started to run like arse again, Also decided I need to do something to this to justify myself for buying the HJ Wagon, I have ordered new rear shocks I found in the USA and some strut tops, just need to get some new front shocks, still trying to find front drum brake parts

It's kind like its half firing on cylinders, bit odd, half the reason I replaced the carby thinking I'm over trying to get the crap out of the original one, I never was happy with the way the accelerator cable sat on it and the base being thicker meant it only had half a nut of thread on one side, again, not happy with it,

I pulled the carbies apart, I was trying to change the linkage at first but the new one is a bit cheap and can't swap it over without changing heaps and modding some shit so I put the original base on the new carb, all bolted on perfectly, Cable sits neater as does the bolts.

Still runs like arse though, I just swapped the carbies over between the orange car and this one, both run perfect on the orange car and both no good on the KE26, it's almost like it's starving for fuel, might try the old fuel pump again, see if that helps, if not, i'll look at the dizzy I guess
    Last edited by 350stato; 16-06-18 at 10:44 AM.

checked the points? when my ke25 starts running like junk its usually the points, just a thought.

Might be worth checking for an air leak around the intake manifold gasket as well. Ignition does sound a bit suss though

leads arcing out ?

replaced a mate and i replaced everything on his related to spark, was starting to get dark and we said fuck will we get a carby kit tomorrow and put it in, went to close the bonnet and i noticed one of the new leads arcing out, into the bin for a old one and it sorted it out.
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Yeah I've checked the timing, checked the jets, 58 thou, it can go fuck itself.....

Points are good, its actually slowly getting worse to the point where it wont run, almost like its running out of fuel, but it's not, have checked all that, 100% getting fuel,

Will check the leads though and air leaks though, bit hard, fucking thing will barley even run now, I'm thinking along the lines of the coil fucking out or the dizzy itself is.

Check the spark when cranking it and see how strong it is jumping the gap from HT lead to the block

Checked for spark, was all good, Apparently I hadn't done the spark plugs in this, thought I did, must have been the orange car, probably did those ones twice, threw in a new set and it runs like a fucking brand new car!

Fucken dickhead....

No idea why this has flipped on it's side, I blame my currently shit interwebs

Last edited by 350stato; 17-06-18 at 04:13 PM.

Some stuff has arrived!! New front and rear shocks and strut tops, also has rear shocks and strut tops for Orange Corolla in there, need to find another pair of fronts and can do that one as well, still back and forth with old mate for the brakes down south but I'm sure it'll happen,

I see you got a rock auto order of shocks in just before july 1st.

I also did the same thing for the impala.

Sweet deal.

Yeah, I ordered a few things lately before then, I also ordered a host of glide internals from Summit but they are taking their sweet fucking time sending it

Rear shocks done, need a spring compressor to do front shocks and strut tops, hopefully I can get them done over the weekend

The original Toyota shocks,

Last edited by 350stato; 29-06-18 at 02:53 PM.

lol slight upgrade

Wait till you see my original 50 year old impala shocks haha.

Im surprised rock auto had listings for KE26 wagons, they cant have sold many if any there in the usa?

Can't believe the original shocks lasted that long (they probably didn't).

Even my flogged out Valiant had aftermarket Monroes on it. They didn't move, but they were on there.

Yeah I was.. shocked... to see they had some in stock, Although fronts are through a local place on ebay,

Yeah they didn't last, the car is low klms, but they would be old oil filled shocks and the seals would be well gone, it's reeaaallly bouncy lol

Pulled the struts out of this thing today,

New strut tops and shocks fitted...

Cunts don't fit.... there is about a 10mm space under there, the bell shape is to big, these are like KE30/55 etc tops, this will be fun to get my money back on 4 tops that have had 2 fitted...
    Struggled a bit to get the first one in, started to pull it up with the nuts then decided they were getting to hard, Hoffman then turned up and said "they look like KE30 ones".... cunt

Threw the other in and rolled it back into the shed, fuckitall

Last edited by 350stato; 30-06-18 at 04:04 PM.