Thread: [SYD] Shoot & edit a video for YouTube fame

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW

[SYD] Shoot & edit a video for YouTube fame

I've got another little project coming up in the next couple of months, another audio install in a Jaaag, and I'm thinking this one would be good to document on video, and put together a 20-30min MCM-style video clip to promote what we do and get some e-fame.

I'd need someone to shoot and edit it, because I do not have the equipment, skills or time to do a good job of it, and I'll also be busy on the day actually doing the install.

It would be about 6hrs to make the install, maybe a bit longer with the camera on.

Obviously I do not expect this for free, I will pay for a good job done.

Shooting would be at my joint in Seven Hills.

If you are interested please write me an electronic letter, cambo [at] oldjaguar.com

It'll be this car, in this shed;

Will be upgraded from the poverty-spec base audio system to the top end surround sound factory system, adding DAB+ Digital Radio, software updates/programming, and so on, if that helps generate interest?

Cheers
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

I have a guy at work that could do this. He does all our filming and post production. I'll ask him if he wants to do it on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    I have a guy at work that could do this. He does all our filming and post production. I'll ask him if he wants to do it on the side.
    probably a good idea, people really hate portrait mode video

but seriously - how good do you want the quality? is phone recording going to be ok? i've been meaning to get into this sorta stuff

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW

[SYD] Shoot & edit a video for YouTube fame

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    I'd appreciate it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Stix Zadinia View Post

but seriously - how good do you want the quality? is phone recording going to be ok? i've been meaning to get into this sorta stuff
    I guess I'm more hung up on the audio quality than the picture quality.

And having someone who can hold the camera steady while I get on with what I'm doing.

A new iPhone held in landscape would be fine for just video, but I've never been thrilled with the sound of those recordings...

And since the subject matter is improving the audio system of the car, it needs to sound good...
    Last edited by Jack Nicholson; 07-11-17 at 08:17 AM.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Quote Originally Posted by Stix Zadinia View Post

Err he uses a 4k DSLR, and Jack will be wire up with rode mics etc.