Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carby issues

when the float sinks it opens the needle and seat, usually resulting in flooding ,

my guess is the needle is stuck or blocked
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

Quote Originally Posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
    when the float sinks it opens the needle and seat, usually resulting in flooding ,

my guess is the needle is stuck or blocked
    Doh.... So much for my hypothesis. hastily deleting to hide the embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by Justengt4 View Post
    I've an annoying issue that stemmed from shut in the fuel ....I think.

Float bowl won't keep up...drains after 30 seconds or so.

Fuel pump is fine. New filter. Fuel lines blown out but still tested from a stand alone tank and still have this issue.

Replaced carby and still the same problem.....ran sweet for maybe a minute before the stutter and die started.

You can see the bowl level drop but just run the pump with the engine off and it will fill fine?

I've put a whole can of carby cleaner thru it....can enough fine shit get past the filter to mess with the floats?

I'm sure it's a simple fix as runs sweet for that few seconds....driving me nuts 😕
    What car is it? it could be a flexible fuel line collapsing, is there a mesh filter where the inlet line goes into the carby? mechanical or electrical pump? Shit in the needle and seat? Start from the carby and go backwards, check N&S, check float height, run the fuel container from the engine bay to eliminate issues under the bonnet then look further.