Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 86 of 86

Thread: Anita Board, 8, suffers critical injuries during Perth drag race crash

  1. #61
    Mechanical 'Tard Cliffordcliffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Woody Point
    Posts
    873
    Sad, sad news. I occasionally see young kids with head injuries. As mentioned in this thread, the accidental ones are usually skateboards, scooters, ponies or minibikes. Even then, some of those parents have been pushing hard for their kids to get ‘back in the saddle’ ASAP. Don’t see any articles about that on news.com.
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

  2. #62
    Registered User Marlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On the Shelf
    Posts
    5,134
    Very sad to read about Anita. Her and her parents were just wanting to have some fun. Life can be so desperately cruel.
    Rest easy little lady.

  3. #63
    Registered User dsturbed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bunbury WA
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by da9jeff View Post
    I think it's a fair reaction. If someone died at your work would you be happy to keep working?
    They moved onto the next stage of Targa after Brock died ...
    R34 money pit

  4. #64
    The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1979
    Location
    Zamunda
    Posts
    4,506
    Quote Originally Posted by da9jeff View Post
    I think it's a fair reaction. If someone died at your work would you be happy to keep working?
    My job is very safe and there has never been anyone die, so if it happened I would arrive at the conclusion that it must have been an absolutely freak accident and then, yes, I would happily keep working.

  5. #65
    Gas Turbine enthusiast da9jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Radelaide
    Posts
    4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    My job is very safe and there has never been anyone die, so if it happened I would arrive at the conclusion that it must have been an absolutely freak accident and then, yes, I would happily keep working.
    Good luck to you.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

    Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

    75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

  6. #66
    What's that whooshing? Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canberra - ACT
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    My job is very safe and there has never been anyone die, so if it happened I would arrive at the conclusion that it must have been an absolutely freak accident and then, yes, I would happily keep working.
    A Government Department I worked for previously used to keep the fire-escape doors locked.

    But hey that’s ok because no ones died in a fire previous to this being discovered (during drills everyone was told to exit via the main entrance).
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

  7. #67
    Registered User Stix Zadinia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in bed with some hot mexican chicks
    Posts
    8,951
    i don't know if this is the place for discussion, but there's a bit of a difference between dying at work and something you do for fun
    Last edited by Stix Zadinia; 14-11-17 at 02:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
    Would bang. Did bang. Marrying that shit.
    SUNTORY BOSS is the boss of them all since 1992!

  8. #68
    bitch lasagne Bob Vegana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    United Nanny States of Australia
    Posts
    5,117
    No to mention that it's kids involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by brewdles View Post
    In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
    Sad, sad news. I occasionally see young kids with head injuries. As mentioned in this thread, the accidental ones are usually skateboards, scooters, ponies or minibikes. Even then, some of those parents have been pushing hard for their kids to get ‘back in the saddle’ ASAP. Don’t see any articles about that on news.com.
    Young girl was killed a couple of years back loading her horse onto the float

    My little one ate a shit sandwich last week riding her horse.
    IMHO she loves riding can’t stop her. I supply the safety gear , wallet and keep my fingers crossed.

    Very sad to see the little one passed away. Sometimes life’s so unfair.

  10. #70
    Registered User clutch-monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    4,319
    Feels like every other week some poor girl has died or been crippled riding unpredictable horsey murderbeasts, but one accident in junior drag racing and they are suspending the entire thing?

  11. #71
    Registered User dnegative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,658
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Feels like every other week some poor girl has died or been crippled riding unpredictable horsey murderbeasts, but one accident in junior drag racing and they are suspending the entire thing?
    I dont see the issue, its not going away, they just want to do an investigation as to what/why and go from there.
    Maybe there was an issue that was missed, maybe it was one of those freak accidents etc
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7
    Does anyone know the cause of death yet? Like my brother has a heart condition and he near had an attack driving. Do we know it was an accident?

  13. #73
    Registered User StanM3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    Does anyone know the cause of death yet? Like my brother has a heart condition and he near had an attack driving. Do we know it was an accident?
    Your writing style seems familiar....

  14. #74
    Registered User Stix Zadinia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in bed with some hot mexican chicks
    Posts
    8,951
    it's rdyno's alter ego
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
    Would bang. Did bang. Marrying that shit.
    SUNTORY BOSS is the boss of them all since 1992!

  15. #75
    Compulsive modifier awdmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,156
    Fuck off dyno.

    Govco owns the Motorplex so has put a temporary ban on junior drags there until the investigation is complete.

    One of my mates was there watching his nephew race on Saturday. A few things went wrong, which will come out in the inquest.

    Paramedics did a great job in reviving her and getting her to hospital, but the impact was to big.

    RIP and my thoughts are with the family.
    Last edited by awdmoke; 15-11-17 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Rdyno is an oxygen thief
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a Navara with the deadly ZD30

  16. #76
    Registered User irsa76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Queanbeyan
    Posts
    7,651
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Feels like every other week some poor girl has died or been crippled riding unpredictable horsey murderbeasts, but one accident in junior drag racing and they are suspending the entire thing?
    Different situation, because Jr dragracing is heavily regulated they want to know what happened. It's pretty hard to regulate a horse, it's accepted that there is a high likely hood of injury/death if you ride a horse.
    The old cliche of think about the children is very valid here, they are thinking of the children so have suspended Jr drag racing until they know what happened.

  17. #77
    Scaramouch seedyrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    2074
    Posts
    2,908
    I used to work with a Korean guy. He told me how he loved rock fishing and was going on the weekend.

    More talking about it, and I found out that his brother and sister-in-law both died whilst rock fishing in Sydney ... in seperate accidents.

  18. #78
    Registered User schnitzelburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    syd
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by awdmoke View Post
    Fuck off dyno.

    Govco owns the Motorplex so has put a temporary ban on junior drags there until the investigation is complete.

    One of my mates was there watching his nephew race on Saturday. A few things went wrong, which will come out in the inquest.

    Paramedics did a great job in reviving her and getting her to hospital, but the impact was to big.

    RIP and my thoughts are with the family.
    yeah no need to give us any more information, cant have a first hand account ruin the thread
    Turbo NB MX5: more derp less carbon lightyear clone
    Supra sold it: 1983 MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE + 6spd

    ohsdocs.com.au Safe Work Method Statements and other OH&S paperwork for builders and tradies, PF members PM me I'll do you a good deal.

  19. #79
    PF's Bogan Luxury Dept TUFGMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    1,897
    Other first hand accounts have been made on the facebook posts, and I wouldn't feel right repeating them without being a witness to the event.
    I wouldn't expect the car to be found at fault, but some form of recommendation will most likely be made. Maybe a recommendation of a remote cutout to shut it down for first timers in a panic and a comms device to communicate between driver and manager of such to assess situation and relay instruction? Running straight down a strip should only mean bouncing off walls or a competitor (youtube shows they lose speed pretty quick off pedal), so turning to other elements of the venue. Make a cushion on the wall of the turn off run from one side of the track to the other at an acute angle so that there is no chance of hitting the end of the concrete barrier where the wall is opened on a full speed panic turn. The opening is the only major area I saw as having a potential to create a bad situation.
    I know nothing of the sport but on watching videos, the drivers appear to be well under control, courteous of each other and well regulated as to running, stopping and turning off, and parents very supportive of their actions. If I had to choose a sport involving a vehicle or animal for a child of mine, junior dragster would be one I would have a lot of confidence in from a safety perspective.

  20. #80
    Red Eye Racing XAlent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    374
    On Drag Challenge this week, we've observed a minutes silence at drivers briefings for Anita and at Swan Hill, 8 purple balloons were released in honour of her.
    RIP


    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  21. #81
    Registered User MartyRX2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    1,052
    There's no such thing as a freak accident. It was still something that could and did happen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #82
    Registered User GSRman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Caught in the ACT
    Posts
    16,448
    Quote Originally Posted by XAlent View Post
    On Drag Challenge this week, we've observed a minutes silence at drivers briefings for Anita and at Swan Hill, 8 purple balloons were released in honour of her.
    RIP


    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    right in the feelz
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

    PF GT5 whore car list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CPKNmOIJ

  23. #83
    Nay sayer Mr Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    14,484
    Yeah thats a bit of a tear jerker
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    No the
    joke on you guys because your so fucking dumb.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

  24. #84
    Grumpy cunt ChrisS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    ACT, Australia
    Posts
    4,862
    It got me, bloody hell.

    / --------------- \
    _/ /___________\ \_
    /_________|_________\
    |OOO ___________ OOO|
    \______|====|______/
    [_]-------------------[_]


  25. #85
    bitch lasagne Bob Vegana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    United Nanny States of Australia
    Posts
    5,117
    A fitting gesture.
    Quote Originally Posted by brewdles View Post
    In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

  26. #86

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •