Thread: ** SOLD ** Toyota Prado 120 GXL Wagon

** SOLD ** Toyota Prado 120 GXL Wagon

10/2004 Toyota Prado 120 GXL Wagon
    4.0L V6 5 Sp Auto

263,000km

Full Documented Service History

OVER $25,000 SPENT IN LAST 9 MTHS.

All GXL features as well as perfect set up for touring or weekends away.
    This is the updated model that has the 5 Speed Automatic.

Listed for a friend who works long hours / weekend work & therefore is not always available to answer calls / be available for inspections. (or has the patience to deal with fuckwits and low-ballers)

Has been in the family since new. Was purchased from parents & set up in March 2017 for a 6mth around Australia trip which was just completed .
    No expense spared to get the vehicle ready & reliable for the lap & includes all the below extras & modifications which 95% were all purchased new & fitted in March / April this year & under warranty still.

Vehicle ran faultlessly & is only being offered for sale now as it is no longer required.
    It was purchased from my parents who owned it from brand new & maintained it perfectly with full service history from new. I chose to buy their car as I knew the full history & how well they maintained it. I did not want to take the risk of buying someone else's problem - especially as I was doing a lot of the remote area travelling by myself. It had to be 100% reliable.

MODIFICATIONS / ACCESSORIES - Most of which are less than 12 mths old

ARB Colour Coded Deluxe Winch Bull Bar with LED indicator upgrade
    WARN Magnum 10,000lb Winch with Synthetic Rope (was never needed during the trip, but cheap insurance)
    STEDI LED Driving lights
    STEDI LED Combined DRL / Fog lights
    BILSTEIN Shocks & DOBINSONS Coil Springs with new bushes & strut tops
    HARROP Rear E-Locker Differential
    HARROP Diff Breather
    ARB 60L Fridge Freezer with Transit Case
    TOYOTA Factory Tow Bar with Locking Hitch Pin
    PRODIGY Brake Controller
    PIONEER AVH-X8850BT Double Din DVD/CD Stereo with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, Bluetooth, Dual Camera input / Dual USB input
    PIONEER 6x9 Speakers Front & Rear doors
    REDARC BCDC Controller for Dual Battery System (Solar Panel Ready) with Dual Battery Monitor / Gauge in Dashboard
    OPTIMA YELLOW Starting / Main Battery
    OPTIMA BLUE Auxiliary Battery
    REDARC Battery Isolator
    SAFARI Snorkel with Pre-Cleaner
    REDBACK Headers & free flow exhaust with New Catalytic Convertors, Resonators & Mufflers to improve fuel economy
    GME TX3350 80Ch UHF Radio & Antenna with Heavy Duty Spring
    BUSHSKINZ Under Body Protection plates)
    BF GOODRICH LT265/70R17 KO2 All Terrain tyres on Factory Prado Alloy Wheels (Highway tyres with plenty of tread left included )
    RHINO Aero Roof Bars
    DRIFTA Rapid Wing Awning with extra sand pegs, ropes & LED light kit (custom low mount to be able to fit under car park roof)
    DRIFTA Rear Storage System with 2 Draws, Table, Bed Extension, Fridge slide
    Professional installation of power sockets for Fridge & other accessories in rear along with battery monitor, Anderson Plug for external / Trailer Power, GPS power,
    Heavy Duty Recovery points (x2)
    TOYOTA Factory Headlight Covers, Bonnet Protector, Radiator Screen, Tinting, Floor mats,
    Brand new Brake Pads & Rotors (during the trip)
    Spare wheel spacer for telescopic rear light
    Rear Wheel Hard Cover
    3rd Row seats incl.

Heaps of recovery gear & spare parts that were purchased for the trip, but never used, Maxtraxx (x4) , Shackles, Snatch Strap, Tyre Gauge, Tyre Repair Kit, Globes, Spare Roof racks, Filters & much more - Way too much to list...

Perfect vehicle to set you up for your next trip - just hitch up your Caravan or Camper trailer or add your own camping gear & food & you are away. It's all ready to go with both fuel tanks full (that's 180L of fuel) - ready for you to drive it away.

Whilst the vehicle is no longer needed, I am not prepared to give it away so stupid offers will be ignored.
    Alternatively - some accessories can be removed to lower the price.
    Over $25,000 (receipts provided for warranty) has been spent on this one owner Prado in the last 9 mths

Located in Sydney (Northern Beaches) - & is available for inspection most days.

Can assist with Interstate sales

$26,990 ono

** SOLD**
    Link to heaps more pics - www.tinyurl.com/Prado-DLC02C

how many kms?
    I am a retarded 747 captain who now sells waterslides in Perth.

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    If I can suggest something ... that over $25k wording needs to change, I think.
    If I saw something worth ~$25k that had needed ~$2.8k per month spent in what initially reads like maintenance/repairs, I'd avoid it like a barge-pole.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    Looks more like mods than maintenance

This think will make soccer mums drip just driving past
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Opens
    I would also like to judge the financial situation of the seller before deciding whether this car is for me.

Who cares or who knows what the guy has been through in the last 12 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Quote Originally Posted by SugarDaddy View Post
    I would also like to judge the financial situation of the seller before deciding whether this car is for me.

Who cares or who knows what the guy has been through in the last 12 months.
    +1 ... just let the nigger sell his car

263,000km.
    Will explain the reasons for those that really care when I get home. Too much to type on the phone.

OK,
    Bit of history about the car/ why it's now for sale...

So the car was bought by his parents new and they drove it all around the country towing a 16-17 foot caravan.
    They were semi-retired and so they lived 6 mths or so in Sydney, and then would travel to somewhere and set up base in a caravan park for up to 6mths and live there and explore the local area. Every now and again they would leave the van there and make the trip back to Sydney to attend weddings / funerals or other family events etc, then go back to the van and continue their "holidays". This is backed up by the many receipts from all over Australia for Servicing and different Toyota Dealers and for Tyres etc (Broome WA, Stepney SA, Yamba NSW, Cairns, QLD, Port Lincoln SA, Townsville QLD, Port Augusta SA,)

My mate was looking to plan an around Australia trip before it was too late to see some of the good parts and before he got too old etc..
    His no-pics didn't want to spend the full 6mths away, so he would travel solo through some areas and then meet up with his no-pics and they would continue for a few weeks / month etc then she would fly home and he would continue on until they met up again..

So, the fact that he was going to be solo for some of the most remote areas, he needed something reliable and proven. The fact that neither he or his no-pics were too keen on being bounced around in an old shitbox with dust leaks and bits falling off, meant they had to find something newer... He looked for ages and found some really great vehicles that would do the job, but they were outside his budget, set up wrong for what he needed, full of rust, needing too much work, looked like they had never been cleaned etc... There were none that really ticked all the boxes

His parents then said they were looking to trade the Prado in, and did he want to buy it.. He did the sums, based on what he could buy it from them for, what it would cost to set up (set up costs blew out by about $5k).. and this came in for about the same as buying something already done that was close to what he wanted, but the fact he knew everything about this Prado made it a no brainer. Peace of mind and confidence in the vehicle is worth a lot when embarking on a trip like this... Not to mention, it was a blank canvas and he set it up exactly how he wanted....

So, plan was build it up, do the lap, come back and keep it for a few years and do some weekend 4WD trips with me and a few other mates in it, and maybe a couple of longer trips during the year to enjoy it more..
    Regardless if they bought another 4WD or their parents Prado, these were the plans...

Unfortunately to to unforeseen circumstances - those plans changed whilst he was away and they sold their house and are now (by choice) living in a unit close to the city.
    His work arrangements have changed dramatically and they only have one car space and were needing to rent another space for the Prado and at about $95 a week.. it kind of means that keeping the Prado means at least $7,500 to $8,000 a year in Parking, Insurance, Rego and Servicing etc. That's before getting to actually drive it...

It will never be worth more than it is now and with all the brand new accessories still under warranty, it makes the best financial sense to cut his losses now, than risk bigger losses in 12-18mths time...

So... here we are......

Wow, thanks for explaining all that shit that you really shoudlnít of had to.

I guess the idea of a good deal and peopleís circumstances changing is beyond the grasp of some people here.

I kind of expected some useless comments from here. Same as with the same that gave me shit for the GU and the 100 series i posted up here for other mates. But in both cases they sold for what the sellers wanted with minimal haggling.

I took it in for a pink slip yesterday and the mechanic reckons it should sell easily. Just need someone who wants this set up and appreciates the fact that everything is new.

Did some posts after mine get deleted?
    In all the posts above, only that single comment by fatz could be seen as negative about the car, and he didnít say anything about needing to justify a reason for selling ... ?

Iím saying the wording should be changed, because the way itís written it sounds like itís needed $25k in maintenance in the last year; ie. that itís rooted. Lots of words, itís probably fine here but if you put an ad with wording like that somewhere like CarSales or Gumtree heaps of potential buyers wonít get past that bit & realise that itís about mods that have value.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

I see your point about the wording - but from the carsales and Gumtree enquiries so far, none seem to be taking it that way - It''s the highest price Prado 120 for that year out there - but anyone that is seriously looking for one of these will see the price and the hero pic and make their mind up from there.. Obviously if they only have $15K to spend, then they are not shopping for this car, so I am happy to scare them off and they can concentrate on the others. It's had plenty of enquiries - and a few phone offers of "will you take XXX ??" that are not that far off what my mate will accept. So it's doing reasonably well.

I am taking it to a mechanic next week for one bloke from just north of Brisbane who is seriously interested - but wants his mechanic mate in Seven Hills to have a look first before he flies down which is fair enough...

It's a good deal but I'm surprised they don't remove the parts that are easily removed and sell them online, people are always weird about wanting a blank slate (stock + bullbar) to work with.
    Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

*** SOLD ***

Bloke from Cuntberra drove up this morning with a mate and is now on his way home with it...

Quote Originally Posted by MartyHusseinXF View Post
    It's a good deal but I'm surprised they don't remove the parts that are easily removed and sell them online, people are always weird about wanting a blank slate (stock + bullbar) to work with.
    too much effort and then it's just competing with every other stock (ish) Prado on the market..

Lot of 4WD for the money, not surprised it sold so quickly
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

Yep...

Fuck me - I wish I had a carpark full of them

Forgot to take a few of the FB ads down and have been hammered with messages all weekend.
    One bloke was very pissed off when I said "sorry, mate it's sold" he was like, how dare you sell it before I had a chance to offer you more etc etc ,, LOL FB LOL

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Yeah thats a good deal. Surprised at the lack of petrol hate on here.
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Quote Originally Posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    Yeah thats a good deal. Surprised at the lack of petrol hate on here.
    There was so much other hate I didn't bother offering the suggestion the 25000 spent in the last 12 months was petrol alone... I'm qualified to comment as I've owned one of them
    Quote Originally Posted by race6.3l
    Only gripes are the bluetooth and stereo are bread and butter spec, not one person has been able to hear me properly during a call, even with my head all contorted towards the roof mounted microphone like im trying to growl a chic sitting on a clothesline

Now I feel downright ripped-off that the hate got deleted before I saw it.

It was just the typical PF dribble from people that have no interest in buying something - but just want to get their post count up.

As for Petrol vs Diesel..
    I did about 145km in it the week I had it - and between running back and forwards from the Mechanic for the pink slip, scouting a location and getting the photos and going for a bit of a drive to see how it went, I filled it back up (was given to me full) and it took almost 21 litres - so that worked out to around 14.5 L/100km which is about what I expected..

I know heaps of people that are getting turned off owning diesels because of the DPF stories and the stupidly high servicing costs (compared to petrol equivalent)..
    Once you factor in the overall running costs, economy, servicing, fuel prices etc - the variance is not that big as first thought, and it's only when you look at resale have you got any hope of getting anything like a respectable return
    We did the sums on our V6 Pajero when we were first looking at it and the $12,500 (Cheapest DiD we could find compared to the V6 we bought) - the difference would have taken 8 years to break even.. and looking at resale values now - the DiD is only getting $2K better values in our model...

People don't want the diesel cause they are slower thasn cricket
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

You canít buy a petrol Prado anymore