Thread: exhaust pressure sensor , how much is realistic?

exhaust pressure sensor , how much is realistic?

Hi,

So I'm going an emtron KV8 and the fuel model has EMAP compensation calculated from compression ratio, so I'm adding an EMAP sensor.

I have a single turbo 2.6l rb26, running an EFR8374 with a 1.05 rear and boost up to maybe 32-33psi depending where top speed is.

what kind of peak emap am I likely to see at sea level on a cool day? i want to use a sensor that has the span but don't want to lose too much resolution if possible. being conservitive im guessing 2.5x is a possibility?

5 bar abs sensor?
    7 bar abs sensor?

thanks.

Oo___oO

Doesn't Borg Warner turbo selection software give you theoretical turbo manifold pressure?

Failing that, if you know where you're going to install the sensor then drill a 3/16 hole in that position and install a length of brake tube (secured with cables ties or whatever) and use a standard boost gauge.

yea, i should have said i ran it through matchbot, and worst case on the edge of compressor map at 32psi, it was only 40psi which seems very low to me.

unfortunately to get the car running that highly loaded it has to be tuned, and the idea is to fit all this stuff so I only have to tune it once.

might play it safe and get a 100psia sensor, and can always get a smaller scale one if required, just thought someone out there may have done it already.

Oo___oO

I've got a spare 100psi TI sensor if you want it.

Get an Adaptronic, you can then write your own code to work out what sensor you need and have the ecu order it for you from ebay.

Too soon?
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.