Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Summernats 31

So my car won't be ready (again), anyone want to buy my entry?

/ --------------- \
    _/ /___________\ \_
    /_________|_________\
    |OOO ___________ OOO|
    \______|====|______/
    [_]-------------------[_]

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    Can't transfer entries anymore bro. We tried this last year

Solid week on it probably get it together?

@Tyrie they've already started a 'facebook petition' to get that revoked.
    I'd say the hipsters are worried their 7K gay pride round about will be ruined.
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Chris I'll be around between xmas and new years if you need a hand to get it together?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by no13b_Coupe View Post

I don't think many people that go to the summernats give one fuck about some shit looking paint job on a roundabout tbh. But hipsters gonna hip.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    Did you just have entry or entrant camping? Assuming given you're local you aren't camping
    Quote Originally Posted by race6.3l
    Only gripes are the bluetooth and stereo are bread and butter spec, not one person has been able to hear me properly during a call, even with my head all contorted towards the roof mounted microphone like im trying to growl a chic sitting on a clothesline

Quote Originally Posted by no13b_Coupe View Post

Fuck, Yeah I forgot about that.

Still in primer but a few days work should have it all painted.

Tyrie - Might take you up on that when it comes to re-assembly

/ --------------- \
    _/ /___________\ \_
    /_________|_________\
    |OOO ___________ OOO|
    \______|====|______/

Quote Originally Posted by ITS60S View Post
    Did you just have entry or entrant camping? Assuming given you're local you aren't camping
    Just Entry

/ --------------- \
    _/ /___________\ \_
    /_________|_________\
    |OOO ___________ OOO|
    \______|====|______/

If you need help with anything let me know.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Skids on the colour roundabout needs to happen during the day. Looks like Braddon closed overnights.

Bunda street it is!

Banned
    I've been thinking about what the legalitys are for trying to sell racing fuel out of the drum outside summernats. The way I look at it if you're a mobile mechanic you're allowed to fill the tank and you're also allowed to invoice for that fuel. So whats stopping me from doing a mobile job on a car even though it only involves the refuel of the tank and invoicing for it? I was thinking a drum of E85 a drum of methanol and one of C16 or some shit my dads ute can take over a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I've been thinking about what the legalitys are for trying to sell racing fuel out of the drum outside summernats. The way I look at it if you're a mobile mechanic you're allowed to fill the tank and you're also allowed to invoice for that fuel. So whats stopping me from doing a mobile job on a car even though it only involves the refuel of the tank and invoicing for it? I was thinking a drum of E85 a drum of methanol and one of C16 or some shit my dads ute can take over a ton.

Bugger that for a joke, there was a fire last year at the filling station. No way Id wanna be anywhere near you with that stuff.

I'd like to think there are some legal guidelines preventing any old mechanic from dealing race fuel in the street. Even if there isn't (unlikely), handling highly flammable liquids in large quantities off the back of a ute in potentially extreme heat conditions sounds like a terrible idea. On top of the the potential for you to become liable for damages incurred should you have a minor accident in doing so, let alone the sort of liabilities involved if you leaked 60l of flammable liquid on a public road/exploded something...
    1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
    1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
    1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
    1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
    And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

What could go wrong?

Banned
    There is fluid transfer systems made for highly flammable liquids. But yea if something did go wrong I could imagine the government would be raping you.\

Next year I might sell it from my workshop.

Can any entrants get me this years prices so I can evaluate how much profit I possibly could make.
    Last edited by S; 20-12-17 at 11:29 AM.

I think you'd find the people that need the fuel will either have it sorted within the Nats, or would be happy to travel further than outside the gates to get the fuel they need.

https://www.change.org/p/andrew-barr...tent=ex43%3Av3

And local media is on it

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-...19-h07pqm.html

Anyone heard of the term blockies? Sound like a tv show.
    Last edited by mad_cow; 20-12-17 at 11:41 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big_pete View Post
    I think you'd find the people that need the fuel will either have it sorted within the Nats, or would be happy to travel further than outside the gates to get the fuel they need.
    Yea you can get it from summernats but I heard they have exuberant pricing on the fuel. I was told you're only allowed to enter with whats in your fuel tank so they force you to buy their expensive fuel. I don't know how you would go rocking up to a hotel with 200l of fuel.

Yea you can get it from summernats but I heard they have exuberant pricing on the fuel. I was told you're only allowed to enter with whats in your fuel tank so they force you to buy their expensive fuel. I don't know how you would go rocking up to a hotel with 200l of fuel.
    Not real well...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuel.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	103814
    1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
    1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
    1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
    1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
    And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

Lol came to post this^

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

#MainiesinGungahlin.

No, its called abiding by what GovCo wants. The prices arnt exorbitant, your just paying a fair price for the dg & work cover permits etc.

There is very little "proper race fuel" ie C16, MaxNos etc used by nats entrants, most of it is Meth, Ethanol or Pump Fuel. I can tell you though, as the aussie importer for Sunoco Racing, I have to tell the Govt who our authorised resellers are (leaded or unleaded doesnt matter), that way if your caught selling any form of race fuel & not on that list, prepare to get probed without lube.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320ft View Post
    No, its called abiding by what GovCo wants. The prices arnt exorbitant, your just paying a fair price for the dg & work cover permits etc.

There is very little "proper race fuel" ie C16, MaxNos etc used by nats entrants, most of it is Meth, Ethanol or Pump Fuel. I can tell you though, as the aussie importer for Sunoco Racing, I have to tell the Govt who our authorised resellers are (leaded or unleaded doesnt matter), that way if your caught selling any form of race fuel & not on that list, prepare to get probed without lube.
    So are you saying that if a car needs some fuel in it's tank for testing after I just installed the engine I can't invoice my customer for that fuel? If so I'm going to discuss this with the MTA.

So are you saying that if a car needs some fuel in it's tank for testing after I just installed the engine I can't invoice my customer for that fuel? If so I'm going to discuss this with the MTA.
    If it is a hydrocarbon based fuel, ie; a drum type not legally considered a pump fuel or legal for schedule G as per cams, if you sell someone a drum, or just fill up their tank, you need to be down as an approved reseller. If you have just bought 20l of Power Plus to put in a customers car you have done the work on, to stick it on the dyno or run it it, then no you dont.

shit about closing braddon... very dissapointing.
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

PF GT5 whore car list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CPKNmOIJ

#prayforbraddon
    #illcarburetwithyou

Thursday night Braddon c̶r̶u̶i̶s̶e̶ skids?

#humeNats
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

PF GT5 whore car list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CPKNmOIJ

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    Agree that shutting down Braddon is dumb, but this idea getting around FB of cruising around Kingston Foreshore instead is even dumber.

All that's going to do is piss more people off. You can't even run an argument there that the residents should be expecting this sort of thing one weekend a year.

I have seen a pic getting around of doing "blockies" up mort st, right onto girrahween street, right onto Torrens St, right Cooyong st, the right back onto Mort St.

Hume is a good place for skids
    Barton is good for racing

Everything ticked off?

Banned
    Just got an email.

PETITION UPDATE

OVER 1,000 SIGNATURES!
    Well done everyone, we have made over 1,000 signatures in less than 12 hours! Keep up the good work!