Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my Jeep has a drinking problem

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Sell it and replace it with a WG Grand Cherokee CRD. The Diesel would cure the consumption issues and the added Flex is a win.
    Even a WG with the 4.7 V8 gets better economy than the 4 liter in yours.
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Yeah but the 4l gets better conrods/100km than the 4.7 though.

The 4.7s are nuggety shit heaps
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

My first suggestion was the CRD or are they shit as well?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    My first suggestion was the CRD or are they shit as well?

I have a wk2 grand Cherokee and it is far from being shit. 3.0 diesel with 8 speed box. A couple of days ago we Drove from port Augusta to Batemans bay on one tank of fuel. 570nm at 2000rpm is pretty fun as well

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    I have a wk2 grand Cherokee and it is far from being shit. 3.0 diesel with 8 speed box. A couple of days ago we Drove from port Augusta to Batemans bay on one tank of fuel. 570nm at 2000rpm is pretty fun as well
    He was talking about the wg 2.7 crd.

And yes they are a pearler of a motor. 2 main issues are the injector washers leak diesel onto the engine cover, which turns into a black melty goo all over the top of the motor.. And no5 injector needs a hole drilled into the cowl to get it out, or the engine dropped.

Also the oil cooler leaks water into the cooling system. They are a cunt of a thing to replace. Better of bypassing them to an aftermarket cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Ok ive had thoughts of getting the WG CRD for awhile but had no idea if a decent thing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Because you're working in a more efficient area of the engines rev range - the thing is highly unlikely to have been tuned for peak efficiency below 2500rpm.
    I was reading on a US forum something similar with one guy running 35ís who regeared from 4.88ís to 5.38ís and suggested he was getting better fuel consumption. So you may be into something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Because you're working in a more efficient area of the engines rev range - the thing is highly unlikely to have been tuned for peak efficiency below 2500rpm.
    This. And it is amplified with the bigger tires as the engine has to work real hard at the low RPM to push the car with the sluggish gearing down low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

I'm already geared down for the increase in tire size. so it's back to the stock ratios