Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Present for me

Christmas Present for me

So with getting back from Indonesia after 5 months away, and being close to Christmas, plus getting my big boy licence today I also did a thing......

I bought this.......
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Itriumph 1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	359.9 KB 
ID:	103705
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triumph 2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	296.6 KB 
ID:	103706

I have been looking at the Daytona's for a few months on Bike sales seeing some that looked good but selling pretty quickly or more frustratingly, slowly. One I did want to look at had been on bike sales for near 5 months and the price was coming down each 4 to 6 weeks to near what I was looking at spending, but sold a couple of weeks ago.

The one I bought had been for sale for a month or so and I got it for a bit more than I offered, but a bit less than what they had on the sticker.

It is an 11/14 build MY15 with a tick over 14,000km on it and full service history.

Comes with a lot of genuine Triumph options, including adjustable rear sets, quick shift, frame sliders, tail tidy, tinted front screen, engine covers and a couple more things.

I pick it up tomorrow so will have a fun Christmas before I head back north in the new year.

Team Moto at Virginia had a early 14 build 675R for about the same price, but with 25,000km on it and didn't present as well as the one pictured and didn't come down in price enough to sway over this one.

Now the hard bit will be keeping my licence, might have to get the Indonesian licence when I'm back to use for the bike back here.....

Nice one!

Always liked these but havent sat on one and probably a bit big for them. Can I ask how tall you are?
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

About 182cm. I will fit on it a lot better than the current ZZR250 I have.

One description of me riding the 250 is an obese praying mantis trying to have sex.....

For the riding I do, I will only be on for an hour or so at a time, so it should e bearable. If I was buying it for long didtance touring I would have gotten something much more suitable.

Nice!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Quote Originally Posted by PXL265 View Post
    Now the hard bit will be keeping my licence, might have to get the Indonesian licence when I'm back to use for the bike back here.....
    Nice bike, I got pulled over speeding last time I was in Aus and handed the policeman my Thai Drivers license, he went off and punched my name into his machine and came and asked for my Aus licence

Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses.

Picked it up this arvo and took it for a quick blat over Mt Cootha.

First impression, was "fuck I'm old" as my knees didn't want to bend far enough to get the feet onto the pegs the first time. Now I know where they are it's all comfy and feels good. I might look at moving the pegs down and forward next time I'm home, but for the time I will be riding here this trip its all good. Next thing I noticed was I was leaning on my wrists too much, but have worked out how to stop that, just need to be conscious of where I put my weight until it becomes second nature and I don't feel the strain on them.

From the first decent ride, I didn't drop it, but did stall at the lights a couple of times getting used to the clutch making sure I don't throw myself off the back of it leaving in a hurry. But I'm getting better for trawling along in the traffic at a crawl, but this isn't what this bike is about.

First impressions are it will always be a lot more than what I will ever be as a rider, but it will make look good doing it. The thing feels so sure footed and is a lot more fun and confidence inspiring than the ZZR250 I was riding before. Being a bigger bike and also a good handling bike it just inspires confidence when you on it. The run up and over Cootha was a lot less work for way more fun and so much into licence losing territory compared to old 250 jigger. The thing feels ridiculous with the speeds it's able to do in each gear. 1st gear will do 100km/h at just over 10k, I haven't been brave enough to take it over 6k in 2nd or 3rd for fear of losing my licence.

For yet another poor life decision, this one is up there for bang for bucks for fun and quicks.

Before a busy day tomorrow it will be a nice early leisurely ride to Samford up towards Daybora and cut across the back roads to Bunya and back home to get used to the bike some more without going warp factor.

Nice pick up best colour imo.

Yep, much prefer the white versus the red. The black looks cool, but not too many black ones around for sale.

And took it for a two hour ride today, and it didn't hurt as much as I thought. My neck is a bit sore from having to look up to see where I'm going compared to being more upright that I am used to, and my wrists did get a bit sore but all good after a shift in weight and not leaning on them so much. And the best bit, my back is feeling pretty good after the ride.

It is a pretty easy bike to ride, but i reckon it could, or more likely will, bite pretty hard if you are stupid. I also like how I don't get buffeted by wind at speeds over 90 odd like I did on the 250.

Speed limits arrive and are passed very quickly, and yet to really stretch its legs, most riding is done in 3rd gear or 4th and the bike is just ticking over, but when you get up it, the triple does sound rather nice.

Nice one. I had a 675r for a few years and found it to be one of the most uncomfortable bikes to ride I have ever experienced. I hope you have a strong lower back!
    I found a set of techspecs to be helpful though.
    The sound is indeed very addictive .
    Quote Originally Posted by psssi98 View Post
    will probably take it up the arse

And took it for a two hour ride today, and it didn't hurt as much as I thought. My neck is a bit sore from having to look up to see where I'm going compared to being more upright that I am used to, and my wrists did get a bit sore but all good after a shift in weight and not leaning on them so much. And the best bit, my back is feeling pretty good after the ride.

It is a pretty easy bike to ride, but i reckon it could, or more likely will, bite pretty hard if you are stupid. I also like how I don't get buffeted by wind at speeds over 90 odd like I did on the 250.

Speed limits arrive and are passed very quickly, and yet to really stretch its legs, most riding is done in 3rd gear or 4th and the bike is just ticking over, but when you get up it, the triple does sound rather nice.
    If you find you have trouble with it comfort wise, you might find it worth your while to chop it in for a Striple.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

whats the oil consumption on these like ?
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Don't know yet, but there are no oily puddles under it on the garage floor

Modern Triumphs are pretty leak free - they eventually figured out that vertically split cases were a shit idea. They're no more or less leaky than a jap bike. Early 675s and Striples eat motors though.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

That's one of the reasons I bought as late a model as I could, from all reports the 2013 on were the final and best iteration of the Daytona.

From what I could find out on line, the current engine won't meet the latest Euro specs and the 600 sector hasn't really recovered in sales numbers to make it worthwhile to produce the next generation, which is a shame.

Also looking at some of the Triumph forums, they make single make car forums tolerable.....

There were some recalls for this model, but were early in the piece so the later ones should be OK.

Don't know if this should be here or the little things that piss you off thread, but took the bike for a run.

And it goes very fast very easily as plod found out today.

Went the long way home after filling it with petrol and coming down from Nebo, got done. Radar showed plenty, I got a little discount, and we both knew what I probably should have been for.

He heard me from a fair way away as I was having fun in 2nd and 3rd gears and waited around. Another 5 minutes and he would have been gone.....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Why are people always surprised when they get fucked by the cops on nebo or glorious?

I thought I was far enough down the hill, and just gave it a little squirt into a straight.

More pissed off with myself, as I know they are there most days and when I do go that road I generally behave. I've got to learn no more than 4k on the tacho to stay on the right side of the law.

The cop was pretty chill about it, older guy, and obviously I passed the attitude test.

I thought I was far enough down the hill, and just gave it a little squirt into a straight.

More pissed off with myself, as I know they are there most days and when I do go that road I generally behave. I've got to learn no more than 4k on the tacho to stay on the right side of the law.

The cop was pretty chill about it, older guy, and obviously I passed the attitude test.

I went up on Sunday morning...... Never again on a Sunday.
    Mate got booked, modern bikes are just frustrating to ride with ever decreasing speed limits.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I've found some other fun roads that don't have the police presence to wind the bike out a little, but still no where near its potential.

I don't necessarily need to wind the thing out just not be looking at the speedo every 5 seconds.
    Police were justifiably there on Sunday as dickhead presence was high. One champion displaying wheelie prowess out front of cafe.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yep, I hear why they need to be up there from about 9pm most weekend nights. I hear the cars go up the hill, then 30 to 45 minutes later I hear the sirens going up.

And weekends are the worst with the wannabe superbike champions mixing it with driving miss Daisy tourists.

And found an extra option on the bike today.

Tucked under the seat I found a Powercommander magic box of electrons and lights.

So now I am wondering how much of a difference one of these makes to the bike in terms of power and driveability, if any, it was the original owner sold a box of snake oil?

If it has a custom tune on it, plenty. Not so much outright power, maybe 10% there but they smooth out the range and make them 100% better/smoother/more rideable.
    I have had all my bikes done at powerhouse dyno and it is night and day.
    I donít rate just loading a generic tune on, or auto tune.

Good to know that these are usually a good thing.

So looks like I might have to do some more research into if it is a custom tune or a generic one.

I had a look on the website and they have some generic tunes listed, but looking at the options that have been fitted to the bike, I reckon it would be a reasonable assumption that it has a custom tune to make the most of what it has.

If I have time before I head off to work on Sunday I may see what I can find if I can plug into the unit and have a look at what has been installed.

And, as today is a public holiday, I have too much time on my hands and as the bike needs to be louder I went and ordered this.....

Name:  arrow slip on.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  2.7 KB

Looks a lot better than the standard muffler and is quite a bit louder.

Apparently the part number listed on the Triumph Australia website is no longer available, the one I ordered is apparently the same, but legal world wide as the baffle is now tack welded in.

The shop will "drop" the slip on so the tack weld breaks, so the neighbours will know when I coming and going, and for the safety factor, as we all know loud pipes save lives.....

The price has gone up too, from the listed $440 or so on the website for the old version, to $916, but they gave me a buy it by COB tomorrow price of $690, so for a $200 and something discount I pulled the trigger and the shop will keep it for me until I get back to Brisbane. looking on line, the price is still cheaper than any other pricing I found in eurpoe, the UK or the US, so reasonably happy, especially when looking at the prices of some of the Arrow slip ons for other bikes.

Looking forward to getting home and being able to get back on the bike and give it a decent run.

Won't regret it. Good mate has a 675R with the Arrow carbon can and it's a hoot, all of the bang, crackle, pop on over run plus gets even more of the characteristic Trumpy triple whistle on the throttle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Looking forward to it.

Did a bit more digging, and it looks like the only change is the part number and the baffle being harder to take out to comply with the California regs as well as euro to be compliant world wide.

Looks like the baffle will definitely fall out when I pick it up.

Can't wait to go for a ride when I get home.

Gay how they are making the baffles tacked in now. Akra has started doing the same with the MT09 pipes now. (although the 09 Akra is too loud with no baffle IMO, drones it's tits off unless you are giving it all of the hand jandal.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Just got the email it has arrived, so hopefully the tack will break when they are putting it on the shelf for me to pick up at the end of June.

And a quick reply from the bloke at the shop I have been dealing with says he will have a chat to workshop to see what can happen before I pick it up.....

So hopefully lots of nice pops and crackles and loud three cylinder noises so I can go to cars and coffee and out A class the insta A class drivers....

Last edited by PXL265; 15-05-18 at 01:33 PM.