Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Merc 280S

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Slow View Post
    I feel we are overdue for another beer and spanners afternoon with this car.
    Sounds good to me..

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
    2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Slow View Post
    I feel we are overdue for another beer and spanners afternoon with this car.
    You put up a convincing argument! Iím in.

Quote Originally Posted by Its me View Post
    I like this idea. Just cause umm
    You put up a convincing argument! Iím in.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

I couldnít get a washer bottle to sit neatly in the engine bay. So I tried the vacuum chamber in the inner guard but that wasnít going to work. So I made one from Bunnings things because fuck it why not. It fits neatly in the inner guard.

Fuel fittings and exhaust elbows now on order.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB684472-CADB-41AF-A8DA-6D42F2686E73.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	111663

Name:	C8C9E58D-7D6F-46B9-93B5-F9375CDBFC33.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	111662
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

UPVC tastic

Dwv pvc ftw!
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I couldnít get a washer bottle to sit neatly in the engine bay. So I tried the vacuum chamber in the inner guard but that wasnít going to work. So I made one from Bunnings things because fuck it why not. It fits neatly in the inner guard.

Fuel fittings and exhaust elbows now on order.
    Lol mad!

Where did you end up ordering from?
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

washer bottle is genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Jim, likely you've not seen it but Icon 4x4 in the US is putting an LS9 into a similar body Merc.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    Jim, likely you've not seen it but Icon 4x4 in the US is putting an LS9 into a similar body Merc.
    Nope hadnít seen that! I canít see it on their website. Got a link?

Also, can anyone tell me the shock length of r32/33?

I feel like Iíve made really good progress. Iíve started on the fuel system platform. Iíve decided I will mount it in the boot after all, mostly for convenience and I havenít decided long term what Iíll do about the diff so I need to keep the underside clear for a while until I work that out.
    I pulled the inlet apart to fix a perished vacuum hose and found itís not that straight forward so Iíve modified the manifold even more.

Itíll get a coat of obligatory wrinkle red when done.
    I need to get a 37 degree flare tool for the Bundy tube. Fuck knows where my old one has gone. Anyone have one I can borrow for a while?

Jim sent a pm about a GS53BZ for sale on facebook

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    That is the best washer bottle ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Quote Originally Posted by dsm2002 View Post
    Jim sent a pm about a GS53BZ for sale on facebook
    Cheers mate replied

The beginnings of the fuel system. The big 10 micron filter will go once I have confidence in the fuel tank not still having more shit in it. Until then Iíll stick with the easy to empty and clean type.
    The surge tank the chinabay seller sent had no thread cut in it. I whinged until thy sent me a second one. It means I can run two when I need the extra capacity once I helicoil the dodgey thread on the retainer ring.
    Last thing for now is to fit the back plate on to stabilise the upright bracket.

Astra power steer pump will go somewhere there too. Iím surprised how minimal the stock bracket to pump is.

Once itís all finished Iíll install a false boot board in front of it all

Name:	FF80EA3A-8224-4550-A812-72BDEF6CC7C2.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	111776
    Last edited by Jim; 21-05-19 at 05:05 PM.

look forward to seeing the Astra p/steer setup...a few using them but not much on installation.

Washer bottle set up is gold.
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

lot of uk blokes doing astra pas. can be noisey and they get warm. other option is an xc barina steering column swap - epas done easy
    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'm not a fan of EPAS. Really don't like the steering feel.
    The Astra pump powers on ok, so we'll see how it goes. Who knows if it'll work with the 1960's steering box. I was going to investigate first but my Low Interest light was flickering at the time.

ive seen it used on jags so it should be fine with their german competitor. im stealing the washerbottle idea btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    im stealing the washerbottle idea btw.
    You and the rest of PF
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T