Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Merc 280S

Yeah mad!
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Attachment 112220
    The stock wax sender with mechanical movement. A beautiful piece of instrument engineering that I donít want to try and use with the new engine.

Attachment 112216

Dismantling the stock and electric VDO 52mm gauge I had kicking around.

Attachment 112215

The 1960ís face plate is a direct fit, but the resin board needs to be modified a bit.

Attachment 112214

Looks like it will work!
    Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Cheers lads!

Because I have no access to a pipe bead roller, I bought a couple of o ring fittings from Bunnings, cut them in half and soldered them to the copper heater hard lines to use as a bead.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8E1B277A-748D-4A30-83A5-DFC95EF8DFA0.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	112281

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C74FEE02-CAE9-4EC9-B245-33CD3B3601E1.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	112282

Iíll chamfer the edges so it doesnít cut the hose.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

I welded up the jaws of a set of vice grips and ground to give the bead shape - was able to get some beads in 5/8"
    brass heater tubing- not perfect but good enough.

Yep good idea! I havenít had the time to do that though itís on my mind. I get generally a 30-40 minute block of time in which to do things.