Thread: Jz auto options

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar

Jz auto options

If you're making good power ie 125mph trap speeds you need a th400

Thanks for your time
    1jz Rolla Van ....... 10.5 at 134mph

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Wat?

We decided we needed a dedicated thread to how good a th400 is

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    We decided we needed a dedicated thread to how good a th400 is
    You have been reading the bullet too much.

You need a glide......... apparently.

I see... I think... or not lol

Surely if you're only trapping 125 the a340 is fine. And if you're dead set on losing overdrive, why not c4 over th400?

Electronic controlled and shifted lenco

the guy with the sequential turbo setup celica had a lenco with a clutch.

I'm also keen on this... gotta be able to do drag challenge & a little street duty & a KM flat out.
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

PF GT5 whore car list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CPKNmOIJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrie View Post
    Surely if you're only trapping 125 the a340 is fine. And if you're dead set on losing overdrive, why not c4 over th400?
    I think that's the changeover point (there or thereabouts). Once you're doing all the conversion bits (mounts/bellhousing/tailshaft/shifter/speedo) you may as well go to the strongest. I regret going c4 in the Barradore

Opens
    C4 is way too expensive to make it >500hp reliable.

Jamming a valve body, convertor and fitting a good cooler in a A340E gets you quite a way and they will handle some power.
    Issue is, when you blow it up getting it properly rebuilt is a fair chunk less than conversion costs and another transmission, if you legitimately drive it a lot then going back to a 3 speed box is insanity when even a 4 speed these days is a bit gay - so factor in a gear vendors OD for the TH400.

TLDR; Unless your making really big power towing the cunt to the drag strip, give the stock box a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    Jamming a valve body, convertor and fitting a good cooler in a A340E gets you quite a way and they will handle some power.
    Issue is, when you blow it up getting it properly rebuilt is a fair chunk less than conversion costs and another transmission, if you legitimately drive it a lot then going back to a 3 speed box is insanity when even a 4 speed these days is a bit gay - so factor in a gear vendors OD for the TH400.

TLDR; Unless your making really big power towing the cunt to the drag strip, give the stock box a go.
    Mine was fine with nearly 600whp 1uz and 135mph.

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post

I don't think losing overdrive is that much of a problem for a 2.5 or 3.0 litre motor. The prices I've been quoted to build another strong 340 are similar to the price of a built th400 so you'll only be out the cost of the conversion bits

so anyone street drive a CO2 shifted trans? am i going to need to top it up every 100km?

toploader or your a faggot.
    Sloth: [Sloff] Noun, like Skompa but with euro shitboxen, a large bearded person, with a penchant for cider and garlic pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    That's retardism cunt stop discriminating against me and my fellow retards.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Quote Originally Posted by GSRman View Post
    so anyone street drive a CO2 shifted trans? am i going to need to top it up every 100km?
    Just use a 15lb nitrous bottle without the siphon tube

Quote Originally Posted by 1320ft View Post
    Just use a 15lb nitrous bottle without the siphon tube
    I was thinking extinguisher - but y'know.. doing some reading on lenco's - seems like it might fit the bill pretty nicely - and the function of the CO2 engagement (and being able to adjust it to suit conditions - of say, a runway vs a prepped track - give me a bit of a chubby)

but not much good if the bottle has to be above x psi all the time and changed between passes...

4L80e..... same strength as a th400 but extra gear

C6 or don't bother

If you're gonna go for the strongest, go for the strongest. They don't suck power like people say, I've run them back to back against a C4 in the same car and didn't loose enough time to get outside the realm of pass-to-pass variance. There are LOTS of 2000HP blown alky big-block monster trucks running C6's, have been for ages, and normally it's only input and output shafts that get the boot. Drag guys like to rollerize them, which works great but costs money. Like I said, in my drag application we didn't see anything close to the "OMGZ 50HP LOSSEZ WITH C6!!!" claims.

Quote Originally Posted by GSRman View Post
    I was thinking extinguisher - but y'know.. doing some reading on lenco's - seems like it might fit the bill pretty nicely - and the function of the CO2 engagement (and being able to adjust it to suit conditions - of say, a runway vs a prepped track - give me a bit of a chubby)

but not much good if the bottle has to be above x psi all the time and changed between passes...
    You could do that with an auto with a lot less hassle. Either a bump solenoid on an aftermarket shifter or internally with something like a 4L80E. And drive it like a normal auto the rest of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Xnke View Post
    C6 or don't bother

If you're gonna go for the strongest, go for the strongest. They don't suck power like people say, I've run them back to back against a C4 in the same car and didn't loose enough time to get outside the realm of pass-to-pass variance. There are LOTS of 2000HP blown alky big-block monster trucks running C6's, have been for ages, and normally it's only input and output shafts that get the boot. Drag guys like to rollerize them, which works great but costs money. Like I said, in my drag application we didn't see anything close to the "OMGZ 50HP LOSSEZ WITH C6!!!" claims.
    What would be the advantages over a GM Trans that has heaps of parts availability?
    Hold it flat cunt

C6 really needs no parts aside from input shaft, converter, shift kit to get it shifting where you want, and done. Stock rebuilds will live behind high horsepower heavy as shit drag cars for years with few to no problems. Like I said, Bigfoot was built around the C6/460 Ford combo, and a lot of monster truckers and tractor pullers still use them, while drag racers seem to whine about being a big heavy transmission. (I will admit, it's a heavy motherfucker of a trans!)

The old TH400 is the gold standard, everything is cheap and every combination is known and has been done.
    There are probably a half dozen off the shelf kits to bolt a GM auto to a JZ, not many for the Ford box.
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

That's true-and the bell is not removable on the C6. Did you guys ever get the C6 behind anything but the big blocks down there? If you got them in the small block pattern like we did here then a C4 adaptor plate would work just the same.

So basically the same benefits as a TH400 but without an endless array of aftermarket support
    Hold it flat cunt

6L80 is lighter than any other GM box.

Are they inherently weak, or are knuckle draggers afraid of electrons or something?

Probably more spendy all told, is the reason they don't get the nod, mondo.

6l80 is a massive cunt of a thing