Thread: Ls2 with 24x

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar

Ls2 with 24x

So it seems I have the real early ls2 motor with the 24x reluctor. Does this mean I can convert it back to cable throttle and run an ls1 computer/loom?

Thanks
    "Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Will need to make sure the cam sensor is present/wired up correctly. Which LS1 computer are you planning to run? We got 4 that I know of here, and for sure the 0411 computer will run the 24x LS2 with either a cable or DBW throttle.

Sure can, from memory throwing one in a mates VT you need the ls1 type knock sensors to suit the ls1b pcm and thatís it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

Quote Originally Posted by Xnke View Post
    Will need to make sure the cam sensor is present/wired up correctly. Which LS1 computer are you planning to run? We got 4 that I know of here, and for sure the 0411 computer will run the 24x LS2 with either a cable or DBW throttle.
    Don't know the code of the ls1 ecu

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman Don View Post
    Sure can, from memory throwing one in a mates VT you need the ls1 type knock sensors to suit the ls1b pcm and thatís it.
    Cool (means I just express freighted the wrong loom to Sideshow tho)
    "Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Our vt-vy is the P01 ecu. Will only do cable throttle. VZ 5.7 is P411, will do 24x crank 1x cam, cable or electric throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Don't know the code of the ls1 ecu

Cool (means I just express freighted the wrong loom to Sideshow tho)
    Justin will sort you out donít stress
    I agree with Rdyno

Seems like what we have here as the 0411 is your "VZ" lingo. The "0411" is just the last few digits of the service number, so a 12200411 is the part number. 0411 PCMs have an upgraded CPU over the 09354896 and 09354895 PCM, but they are code and wiring harness compatible. These three have the red/blue connectors and are 512kb PCMs. There are several identifiers used for these but they're 99-00-01-02 years, and use red/blue connectors. the 2002 operating system has a lot of extra features if you're running the MAF sensor, but if you're going HPtuners then there are lots of custom OS options that will pretty much let any of these red/blue PCMs do what you want.

The later 2003+ Blue/Green connector PCM's are 1mb pcms and while you can cut the locating tabs off the connectors and plug them into a red/blue harness, the code is not compatible and you'd need a different OS and programming setup. As far as I know, only one OS will do what you want-and it's for an 04 Silverado Manual transmission. Service code is 12586242, and it'll do 24x, cable throttle, manual transmission. I'm still looking to see if there is a green/blue PCM that'll do the same for an auto trans, too.

EDIT: The above blue/green connector info is wrong. The 12586242 PCM is for a 4.3L V6 truck-it will NOT run the V8. So, looks like any red/blue PCM will do for what you need.
    Last edited by Xnke; 06-01-18 at 06:09 AM.

Is that the long convoluted way of saying "all good" (I struggle with posts that have more numbers than letters)

I fucked up there. Vz is p59. Both will run your engine anyway with cable throttle

I'm going to need an adapter or aftermarket throttle body, aren't I?

24x reluctor and cable throttle should be fine with early computer as long as its early type cam signal

For those playing at home, yes it worked

Never doubted it. I threw one in a VT yonks ago with a Nick Williams 90mm tb & fast manifold. Fired up first time with coils plugged in
    I agree with Rdyno