Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Datsun 1200 ute X R35 GTR

This gives a good view of how the radiators are done on each side.

Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Sports Sedan

Nah there is no way I'm going to do flares like that, I have to think how to duct it
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYA View Post
    Nah there is no way I'm going to do flares like that, I have to think how to duct it
    Pussy.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Is this finished yet?

Cunt U got to start first to finish
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

2 Things

1. you're fucking crazy
    2. ill buy those carbon skirts off the GTR
    www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

When I get back to where the car is I'll check condition cos front bar is fucked
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Lemme know

Please do the needful

If in doubt power out

Quote Originally Posted by Rona View Post
    Please do the needful

Oh yeah. It's the only sensible option.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Ok so I have been processing this on a paperwork side.

I started thinking about it and I thought this would be sorta cool if it was an actual engineering street car. So I went and seen an automotive engineer here and had a bit of a discussion about it.

It would be complied as a ICV, no problem. He started asking questions about why would I make all custom suspension, at first I was like well because cunt, then I started thinking about what he said and it did make a lot of sense, eg, suspension half sorted, good brakes, uprights done, potentially steering rack done. I said yea all ok but the GTR is like 1800mm wide and the 1200 is 1500mm wide. I thought about it some more and realistically 150mm flares are not that out there, also taking say 30 to 40mm out per side with say 20mm in wheel offset and shortening up some arms is also pretty reasonable.

Then I took a tape measure to the 1200 and R35 to see if I was proper dreaming with some of this shit and it turns out it seems like it will actually fit well?? So in the R35 the front strut top centres is about 870mm and the 1200 is 940mm. Not that any of the engine bay steelwork is staying bit would fit easily.

The centre of the wheel to top of motor inlet is about 620 or so, also would come pretty damn close to fitting in the 1200 bonnet.

The standard 35 rim is over 700mm is diameter, but 18s fit no problem so I can use Avon slicks and any semi slicks I want in around a 18x245 255 with a rolling diameter of 640 to 650.

I then made some calls to motec and willall about controlling the trans and how that would all work. It turns out they think there is no way of replicating the TCM, trans control module, they still use it in all their plug in setups. So I was thinking and I have literally a complete running 35. So I could potentially transplant all the required looms and use all standard computers. I would also probably use the steering wheel, shifter, dash cluster, etc. It actually makes a fair bit of sense. This also ties into using the standard front and rear subframes, all the abs/sensors etc will come with it.

Cos I am a bit of a noob at the wiring it also makes it pretty fool proof to strip all the unwanted items out of the car while the car is still half together. That way it will still run and it totally diagnosable. Even if most of the looms you end up remaking. Anyway that is where I am at atm.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Awesome.

Please proceed with all haste posthaste.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Awesome!

Make a full glassed body 300mm wider down the center no flares needed.

Im glad to see someone swinging off his tree hard and proper in 2018 where most of the threads lately
    are manginas just wanting to buy new pleb v8 wagons and suvs following in the steps of other soccermums.
    Why not lift the body off one of the older Datsun utes instead that sat on rails and have proper steel bodies
    or are you a longtime 1200 ute diehard? eg. older 520 and 620 utes are solid, have more gonad space
    and will look unassuming closer to original than with copbait flares or another Hakotora effort
    Last edited by datso; 06-06-18 at 01:28 AM.
    "The only people mad at you for speaking the truth are those living a lie" - Henry Ford
    “Nations survive its fools but not treason from within. Enemies at the gates are less formidable showing their banners openly. Traitors move freely using their victims accents, even wear their faces & their arguments. A murderer is less to fear.” - Marcus Cicero https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj5eypBex-U Euronymous - PFs latest Jew halve dick

did you check if the sideskirts are damaged?

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Road registered would be a massive win.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ View Post
    did you check if the sideskirts are damaged?
    Lols no I'll get my mum to goto workshop and have a look
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

churr cuz

I'm also after some te37 or the like rims in about 18x9 if anyone knows of some. Not nigger stance spec and keep the track down a little.

Or even if someone has a te37 I can borrow I want to scan it and make my own 3 pc rim 7075 centre and spun outers. In the interest of ease I'd probably stay more along the lines of bbs LM, I even have a set of home I can scan up and just scale to 18" at they are 17"
    Last edited by PLAYA; 06-06-18 at 08:04 PM.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

I have a set of TE37 reps in 18x8 -38mm o/s and 18x9 35mm o/s. With Pirelli tyres 95% tread.

NA8B 89KW- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
    NB8B 181KW- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
    VP 293KW- P.I 1:46.0 WNTN 1:33.5

Why not at least a LWB 1200 for if dont consider you life at least consider leg room
    Engineers at Nissan got the package well balanced you gonna have 18 inches less
    "The only people mad at you for speaking the truth are those living a lie" - Henry Ford
    “Nations survive its fools but not treason from within. Enemies at the gates are less formidable showing their banners openly. Traitors move freely using their victims accents, even wear their faces & their arguments. A murderer is less to fear.” - Marcus Cicero https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj5eypBex-U Euronymous - PFs latest Jew halve dick

Datso, he's building what he wants to build, which is a Datto 1200 ute.
    What have you built lately other than a large collection of glass bbqs?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

I actually think with the front wheels pushed out will give the same or a bit more leg room. Also I might stretch the front and rear guards slightly to fit bigger wheels. I would do it so that I stretch the front guards to the front a little and rear guard to the rear and I might get 60 to 80mm additional wheel base.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

TE37's in weak offset look fucking schite btw. The awesome comes from the concavity in the spokes

Yea that is what I was thinking as well. Fml
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Datso, he's building what he wants to build, which is a Datto 1200 ute.
    What have you built lately other than a large collection of glass bbqs?
    I am actually concerned for his welfare as Ive witnessed some depressing accidents in swb overpowered vehicles.
    There are lwb 1200 around 98 in rather than 90 that many are not aware exist, but you wouldnt know inhaling from your anus as you do.

Playr-
    There have been some stretched 1200 coupes and utes in PR and USA running V8 by lengthening the front like
    you might be suggesting with some of LWB utes adding 8 inches at the front for a total of 106 inches.
    Heres one of the coupes running a v8 that was for sale in Orlando. Had some bigger pics Ive lost, it looked amazing
    with the tilt front end and tube frame chassis. Cant find the ute ones atm but seen also utes with a coupe cabin/doors

L31 1200
    https://imgur.com/a/hRAJvIL

I havent seen these wheels yes its a different ute but you might get some ideas for your billets
    http://blog.whatmonstersdo.com/car-f...ed-datsun-520/
    Last edited by datso; 08-06-18 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYA View Post
    Yea that is what I was thinking as well. Fml
    Also if you are planning on using the stock brakes your 18" wheel choices are very limited, only a handful fit

That was the plan I was reading a forum yesterday about what ones, do U know a list of available?
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Do 18 inch meisters fit over the brakes? have 18x9 +20 and 18x10 +30