Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Datsun 1200 ute X R35 GTR

Late to the party but can’t miss this....crazy shit
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

So I measured more stuff just on a high level. It will fit to a degree, all the shit happening on the driver's side is a real problem. First point of call will be getting some cunt to move my whole b pillar back 150mm to fit 1200 coupe doors on. The top of the doors and glass is different so not sure what to do there. I see custom glass can be made but I'm sure the price is steep. But if I move the pillar back and I can then move the window in the pillar back 50mm so I'll have another 200mm. That will get me in with enough room to fit an exhaust down infront of my feet.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYA View Post
    So I measured more stuff just on a high level. It will fit to a degree, all the shit happening on the driver's side is a real problem. First point of call will be getting some cunt to move my whole b pillar back 150mm to fit 1200 coupe doors on. The top of the doors and glass is different so not sure what to do there.
    coupe A pillars and roof blended back into ute rear wall ?

So if I do that I lose 30mm in roof height also, but I am thinking about it.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Stop thinking, just do

It's not too bad of a job to cut down the middle and add that 150mm. Its a lot more work to mess with the A pillar as well. I would have thought a bit of custom side glass would be minimal expense in the scale of this build.

Not possible to graft the Ute bit to a coupe cabin?

Could you scan the Ute shell, scale it up 25% and get it cnc'd out of foam for a carbon body? Assume it will be a ICV anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Daily: Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

If you took all the shit off the motor, you'd have room

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Yea exactly, but I still need 1000hp of turbos to go back on.

I need to buy some water to air cooler cores, does anyone know suppliers or they just use a standard core with box welded around it?
    Last edited by PLAYA; 15-07-18 at 02:50 PM.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Is making it left hand drive an option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin
    Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

given its a ute (and fucken tiny) can the donk be mid mounted in the tray ?

So I measured more stuff just on a high level. It will fit to a degree, all the shit happening on the driver's side is a real problem. First point of call will be getting some cunt to move my whole b pillar back 150mm to fit 1200 coupe doors on. The top of the doors and glass is different so not sure what to do there. I see custom glass can be made but I'm sure the price is steep. But if I move the pillar back and I can then move the window in the pillar back 50mm so I'll have another 200mm. That will get me in with enough room to fit an exhaust down infront of my feet.
    Is it flat glass? I can't really remember - if not, make a template for the footprint of the extended window, and a template of the curvature, and wander down to a wreckers. The glass can be cut with a sand blaster. Some use a waterjet, and others have had success with diamond blades in grinders...
    Coupe based turret would certainly hide some of the "extracab" length visually.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

I think it is curved from when I was just looking at the coupe doors. I am going to design up a chassis jig and see how we go with that because I really need to just cut the floor out and sit the front complete subframe in. The subframe won't work as the front lower a arm mount would be like in the pedal box but will be handy as it will position wheels where they need to be for dummy fitting everything.

I'm going to design a jig with big top flat plate with all the machines holes in it to use as datums and tie downs.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Is it flat glass? I can't really remember - if not, make a template for the footprint of the extended window, and a template of the curvature, and wander down to a wreckers. The glass can be cut with a sand blaster. Some use a waterjet, and others have had success with diamond blades in grinders...
    Coupe based turret would certainly hide some of the "extracab" length visually.
    This will only work if it is float or laminate. It won’t work to cut toughened glass. Then it will just explode.

Yea exactly, but I still need 1000hp of turbos to go back on.

I need to buy some water to air cooler cores, does anyone know suppliers or they just use a standard core with box welded around it?
    Adrad in Beverley.
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

So I tell them Yoda told me? I looked on gcg site look quite small for some big HP ratings?

I was just on the phone to the engineer was telling me there is some new catagory of modified car in SA called highly modified. So this will still be a Datsun 1200 as opposed to a ICV.

Also does anyone want billet allot r200 housing? I'm gonna design mine up to get weight out of it.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

WAIC are generally very small compared to a AAIC.
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

So I tell them Yoda told me? I looked on gcg site look quite small for some big HP ratings?

I was just on the phone to the engineer was telling me there is some new catagory of modified car in SA called highly modified. So this will still be a Datsun 1200 as opposed to a ICV.

Also does anyone want billet allot r200 housing? I'm gonna design mine up to get weight out of it.
    I reckon if you came up with a billet Hilux carrier you’d have quite a few takers. Used a lot in circuit racing but there’s no alternative to the factory cast iron jobbie.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Sports Sedan

send me an .dxf and .stl of the glass, Ive a friend in Thailand that makes curved glass that should be able to do it for a decent price.

Yea will do when I get to that stage, I am working atm so won't do shit for 2 weeks or so, I'll get the motor sitting in with the box and some seats and see how much I need to stretch anything
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Had a bit of a chuckle at worry of custom glass cost from someone that dropped $18.5k on a gearbox

Lol yea but sometimes that shit is like way more than U think.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Everything about this is more than "I" think.

Even though this is like a year off, new Garrett gt25 660, 2 of them seem the ticket for this thing. If anyone has one or knows where I can scan one would be really good cos I will need to model exhaust manifolds. I have a feeling they will need to be cast like U see on lots of the GTR kits to keep it super compact.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Even though this is like a year off, new Garrett gt25 660, 2 of them seem the ticket for this thing. If anyone has one or knows where I can scan one would be really good cos I will need to model exhaust manifolds. I have a feeling they will need to be cast like U see on lots of the GTR kits to keep it super compact.
    You wont get 1000whp out of 2560's, they are the GT600 turbo kit turbos.
    Or are you talking crank HP?

If you are happy with 850ish whp then look at doing GTX30 wheels and BB cores in the stock turbos, thats the way im going to go for mine when I eventually do some upgrades. Wont need new manifolds either.
    www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

Nah dude google gt25 660 it is a turbo just released. So they recon they do 660 hp each, I was also only talking 1000hp crank but if the turbos will do 1300 maxed that is not bad.

Also what do these things rev to? Is 8500 ok for these things when built or do they go way more? I have hearing in the samsonas to do 300km/h at 8000rpm.

Also I have those carbon skirts off they not bad condition.
    Last edited by PLAYA; 18-07-18 at 09:12 AM.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

ok my bad, misread that!

carry on then.

Ill send you a PM
    www.vapeboss.com.au - big discounts for PF Cunts, PM me for a code

*G25, not GT25

Haven't seen any actual results with them yet, except one yank tuner who said it was better than a 3071 on a Renault Clio or something. And apparently Garrett have redefined how they calculate horsepower from airflow, so 550/660hp on the new turbo's isn't in the same language as 320/360hp from the old disco design. But still verrry interested in the new tech.