Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Datsun 1200 ute X R35 GTR

The 35 should be delivered tomorrow and I'm just in Mt Isa now then I need to go to Townsville Friday and Adelaide sat so I will check this thing out and go from there.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYA View Post
    Someone asked about hard cover I'm going to leave tray open and have the radiator and oil coolers in the back, I'm just not sure how to duct that at the moment.
    You might be able to do it with no ducting and a clever undertray design, create enough pressure differential to pull the air through. Some CFD modelling should validate or disprove this.

Yep I'll have a look at it, a guy I know has full Solidworks simulation CFD and can actual use it so I might have to hit him up when I am at that stage.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    You might be able to do it with no ducting and a clever undertray design, create enough pressure differential to pull the air through. Some CFD modelling should validate or disprove this.
    I suspect tray open with radiator in tailgate *might* get you enough airflow. Using a bottom feeder isn't fantastic because it's pulling a) all the hot air that's coming from under the car, and b) the air that's at road level which is ~10* or more hotter than ambient - both of which will put a world of hurt on the cooling system in hot weather. Cooling capacity is heavily dependent on the temperature delta between the coolant and the air temp the radiator sees, that's why a radiator that's good for ~190hp on a 4-stroke at ~95* coolant temp is only good for about 85hp at 55* with a 2 stroke...
    Also, the underbody flow isn't going to be doing much till it's up to ~100+ km/h.
    Another option might be some Group 5 style box arches with the radiators in front of the rear wheels.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Another option might be some Group 5 style box arches with the radiators in front of the rear wheels.
    Infact, that would look awesome. Do that.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

LS7 Prius = Proper HYBRID Walt Kowalski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richzx View Post
    Surely the widths of the two vehicles would be incompatible???
    My first thought. But he's obviously got this sorted. I'm liking the Mustang hod rodding idea for the wide body. And I'd be sticking with the whole R35 suspension but mainly because I'd have NFI how to design suspension that worked as well.

Lost for words on how mad this project is. In a good way. Makes the R35 Juke look sane.

PF BACK ON TRACK. ----- That's a WaltsWorld front page headline.
    Logical debate beats name calling any day. My Badges Of Honour so far in PF: Racist, Bigot, Islamaphobe, Numpty, Moron, Far Right Wing Nationalist, Far Fight Wing Fascist, "raving fucking lunatic", "dumb" & climate "denier". AND they are just SOME of the pathetic tags that I've been labelled by SOME here. HINT: Those labels are signs that the accusers have lost to logical debate.

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRmqRZpCqzg

Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    The 35 should be delivered tomorrow and I'm just in Mt Isa now then I need to go to Townsville Friday and Adelaide sat so I will check this thing out and go from there.
    We should hang when you're in Isa, I'm never far away.
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

fuck that's strong level

Was delivered today looks like fire was under passenger headlight fuck knows how bit I'll look more when I am back

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20180131_084228.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	736.8 KB 
ID:	104529
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

I suspect tray open with radiator in tailgate *might* get you enough airflow. Using a bottom feeder isn't fantastic because it's pulling a) all the hot air that's coming from under the car, and b) the air that's at road level which is ~10* or more hotter than ambient - both of which will put a world of hurt on the cooling system in hot weather. Cooling capacity is heavily dependent on the temperature delta between the coolant and the air temp the radiator sees, that's why a radiator that's good for ~190hp on a 4-stroke at ~95* coolant temp is only good for about 85hp at 55* with a 2 stroke...
    Also, the underbody flow isn't going to be doing much till it's up to ~100+ km/h.
    I was thinking running the airflow the opposite way. A flat undertray might produce sufficient low pressure underneath the car to draw the air in from the tray area. Combining this with an F1 style engine air intake above the cabin would provide the high pressure, not sure about the look of it though, might not be to everyone's taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
    We should hang when you're in Isa, I'm never far away.
    Lived in Isa for 6/7 years.. moved back to Brisbane, now I fly in and out of Cannington which is only 200 clicks from the Isa anyway.

ps. North Brisbane doesn't extend all the way to Mt Isa does it lol

Also, epic idea. Can't wait to see the CAD then the real thing

I'm in North Brisbane too, well when I'm not in Mt Isa like I am right now.

Who's up for a beer?
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
    I'm in North Brisbane too, well when I'm not in Mt Isa like I am right now.

Who's up for a beer?
    Where are you working? For mipac?
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

DPS MIPAC Yeah
    Jason Broadhurst

Subscribed for years of awesome.

+1 for twin radiators in rear guards

Do U know if they need any 3d scanning for pipe runs etc through there? I'm flat out but always look for more.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Unless it's in a computer, I've got no idea mate
    Jason Broadhurst

Lol holy shit so I connected the battery up and the thing started and I was driving it around. I had a look at why it was burnt and yep stupid cunt put in HID Chinese bulbs and it melted the light and burnt the rad support, light and inner guard
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

That was enough to write it off??
    Find your Freedom
    Home Loans | Investment Portfolios
    www.FreedomFunding.com.au

Click here for deal for PF Members

C63s AMG

Lol holy shit so I connected the battery up and the thing started and I was driving it around. I had a look at why it was burnt and yep stupid cunt put in HID Chinese bulbs and it melted the light and burnt the rad support, light and inner guard
    Repair and sell for profit, get something properly written off?
    Or not really viable if it's still on wovr or whatever

It is a stat write off, you can thank the lebs and Arabs in NSW for making every car a statutory write off there.
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

New thread- R35 track car build

Literally thought about it, made some calls for parts and they fetch some good coin, 1250 for a headlight so I think if I wreck this out will get fair bit of the cost back
    3D scanning
    3D modelling
    Structural certification
    3 and 5 axis milling

Boxed guards for the win. Radiator in each rear box flare. The whole front for intercooler goodness.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Sports Sedan

Literally thought about it, made some calls for parts and they fetch some good coin, 1250 for a headlight so I think if I wreck this out will get fair bit of the cost back
    Can I buy the purple wrap?
    Find your Freedom
    Home Loans | Investment Portfolios
    www.FreedomFunding.com.au

Click here for deal for PF Members

C63s AMG

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Boxed guards for the win. Radiator in each rear box flare. The whole front for intercooler goodness.
    Reading my mind, my good man, reading my mind.

What car is that?

Edit. Zakspeed Capri. Epic!
    Last edited by jimmyg; 07-02-18 at 01:39 PM.
    Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

I'm gunna take a punt and say Zakspeed Capri
    " Money is for those without skills"