Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sil80 with a smattering of other sil* and *80's

This is a good read! Like the fact you give everything a go too, best way to learn.
    The only slightly concerning this is your thoughts on R33 and 300zx owners, as I have both, haha

While I'm here, you don't happen to have a pink lable R33 AFM (Series 2)?

Just logged on for the first time in months, read this thread start to finish. What a fucking cracker. A+++++++

Cheers boys

Glen, you're a weird R33/Z32 owner because you can spell! haha. No R33 AFM's. It doesn't help you, but I'd use the excuse to go to Z32 (or newer) AFM and retune, and tell yourself that its OK because you can buy those AFM brand new in future

The Z32 pages are like looking back into time, imagine a single make car bulletin board when most internet uses had 56 kbps connection. They ask questions that could be googled easier, and crackers like "o hey guyz i herd our carz hav wheles". Everyone is sad that Z32's are all run down and good ones are hard to find, but can't afford to fix anything or buy good parts. And a single guy on central coast buys every good condition Z and strips them, so shitbox owners can get better condition targa cover clips.

R33 are somehow very polarised, either 500kw car guys who only buy top dollar shit, or p platers who think offering 40% of asking price is how 'grownups' do 'business'. Only 3 of the 20+ cars I stripped were Skylines, but could probably safely say 3/4 of the parts I have thrown out were from Skylines.

And before anyone says I'm a hypocrite for stripping good cars, this is what I mostly dealt with

Crumpled cars where you need a sledgehammer or angle grinder to get parts out

That particular car was a huge nope. It was right after I sold the vert, so I had a free garage. It would be luxurious being able to strip a car in the garage, where I didnt have to worry about weather or whether the neighbours would be bothered or anything. I came downstairs the next morning and every single box in the garage was full of redbacks. The fucking car was FULL of redbacks. I basically removed everything from the car I could take off without actually getting in it. ugh

Fark..... what a great read! I've been doing it wrong all these years.....

So... when I volunteered my garage to help Locky do his gearbox swap, I was greeted with this sight

Looking from underneath the car, the steering lines were wet... and the sump. And the engine mounts. And the source looked to be the turbo oil drain

I remember doing some shonky shit in the past, but I've done enough shonky shit at various times, I couldn't quite remember what I did the last time. But I did a spanner check, the bolts on the drain could be tightened slightly. So that I did, and cleaned the floor. Took it out for a few test drives.

I'm annoyed about this. The turbo drain always had some oil on it, so there was always a weep, but why is it leaking this bad NOW.

Nissan have a few different drains for SR turbos. Every turbo setup I've had has used a different drain, so every time I install a turbo late at night before I need the car, I have to yolo something.

Top is the original T25 oil drain. It has a different flange to the ball bearing T28 flange. However it is the same flange as the bush bearing T28's. However (2), the T28 cores are clocked slightly, so that the drain points away from the block, rather than straight down. So, a bush bearing T28 has a different shaped oil drain, to compensate. Last time I swapped turbos, I went from bush T28 to ball bearing disco, but did not have a compatible drain. My HKS 2530 used T25 flange, despite being ball bearing, and that was different again to my previous 2530. 14hgsklgha

What I used was a T25 drain, with the ends cut off. And a T25 gasket with the holes elongated. It makes sense that this would be the cause of a leak, but not sure why it would start pissing out 5000km later. Anyway, I shut up and ordered a new ball bearing T28 oil drain, with corresponding gasket. I grabbed the hose to see how much I'd have to cut out of it, and noticed

Hose clamp had eaten the hose. I guess that's the new leak.
    Last edited by nopistons; 16-02-18 at 10:27 AM.

Well that was an epic as fuck story

However i will never understand the sickness that is buying/cycling through 50 examples of the same car, instead of just building 1 ultimate version of the car?

Buying a whole car to pinch 1 part is some next level shit

The stories are definitely better though!

Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post

Skompa does that, then buys a 2nd car for the same part as it is in better condition. And Fatz has done it also

...I noticed that perhaps some of the protective dirt had fallen off during my recent driving, and there was now a small puddle of engine oil where it had slumbered.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	104787

Couldn't find one with the baboon holding a silvia and my paint skills aren't that good but you get the idea.

Thanks again for sharing, liked the Nismo and Toyota museum pics, will have to make time for those next time.

Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post

No, next level shit is buying a parts car intending to strip it for a couple of parts, only to decide to keep it and fix it up so you have to buy another parts car. Which you decide to fix up as well and so on.
    Best one I've seen is a guy fixing his early '80s Bronco, somehow he now has 8 or so Broncos, F series and even 3 vans. All except one of the vans were supposed to be "parts cars" now they're all projects.

lols, buying cars for parts was a good idea at first. I went from spending my pay (minus rent) on car shit, to cars paying for themselves. The downside was it used up my spare time. The upside was I spent less time jerking off.

Buying multiple cars to finish off the vert meant I could do a lot more (suspension, seats, wheels, etc.) than simply buying an engine and trying to get it into the car, which is what my budget allowed. When nopics was adamant I had to be a grown up, I lived off $100 a week and the rest of my pay went into savings. Buying shitboxes with that $100/week went a looooong way. I got a lot of juicy parts, but also started accumulating parts that I didnt know existed, because EVERYONE throws them out

Honestly, the first ten cars were missing the fuel cap holders from the fuel lid. I didn't know they were a thing! a red plastic clip that you can hold the filler cap in whilst filling up. One car had it, it was like a choir of angels singing and an aura shining about it. The next four cars happened to have one, but still... There are other parts I enjoy having, like the plastic undertray, I have seen TWICE on other cars. In 10+ years of fucking around with S13's, I have seem them on TWO cars. It's 6 bolts to attach, and it actually pulls the front bar into the correct shape - aero bars are really bad for this, in that they sag in the middle without the undertray. Which is seemingly one of the first things that gets thrown into the bin.

Uncharacteristic good news, I drove the car to get ice cream the other night, and oil leak seems to be fixed. Car feels 'finished' again, eagerly awaiting next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
    Skompa does that, then buys a 2nd car for the same part as it is in better condition. And Fatz has done it also
    when the oldies sold their farm I had to dispose of more than 100 TE/TF Cortina's !!

For Darwinschops: https://imgur.com/a/QWgD1
    Can only find low quality pics atm, I uploaded anyway and the comments on most of them disappeared, so cbf now.

The reason I went to the Toyota Museum twice: first we made the bullet train trip from Kyoto to Nagoya, and got on a normal train to some little station, then caught the Linimo and walked the last 15 minutes, and was told that admission was half price! Excellent! Because the Japanese floor was closed.

Our day trip was to see some boring Bentleys and E-type Jags and Austin Sprites and Merc gullwing things. Boring shit. I could see the rear of the Toyota 7 on the floor above, but that was it. I wanted to cry. Nopics planned another trip to the museum on our next trip to Japan, and we thankfully got to see the actual interesting cars. But no Toyota 7. I used Nopics as a Toyota Engine Disappointment Scale for reference.

Nerdery time:

If anyone hasn't seen the Toyota 7 before, it was the result of an exciting arms race between Toyota and Nissan in the late 60's. Toyota developed a new 3 litre DOHC / 4 valve V8 for racing, but at a modest 300 PS, it was up against the Prince straight 6 powered Nissan R380.

Toyota came back with a redesigned 5 litre DOHC / 4 valve V8, punching out a medium 600 PS. It was now competing with the Chevy powered Nissan R381.

Toyota came back with the engine repurposed for a twin turbo configuration now putting out 800 PS. In 1969. Twin turbo, mid engined, quad cam V8.

Two test drivers were killed, which put a damper on Toyota's efforts. The car reappeared in NA form again, but Toyota looked at other less cold war-ish endeavours.

(*Above story may have been dramatised, but it's a car I've always wanted to see in person)

Something I like about (some of) these cars is the lives they live on their own!

I mentioned a non turbo engine setup that made its way into the vert, that came from Anthony. Back in 2006 or 2007, Dumhed built a budget track car using an S14 nonturbo engine, S15 6 speed box, 4.36 ratio diff using the cheapest/whatever will do the job parts. Was an interesting build thread, using the S15 helical LSD center with the R32 ratio. This would open wheel on fast corners, so he used a $100 GT wing. The shock and spring combo was what he could find, etc. Engine mods were limited to Tomei valve springs and 280 Procams, with a light clutch/flywheel. Apparently this made ~124 rwkw with no powersteering or clutch fan, managed by a re-pinned S15 PowerFC. Dumhed, Badhairdave and anthony did 1:09? laps back in the day, and eventually the car was sold to BHD.

(Dumhed and Anthony racing eachother on nankangs. 120rwkw S13 vs. 230rwkw sil80)

Dave persisted with the NA setup until eventually throwing in a many hundred KW turbo motor. The NA setup made its way into a p-plater special with a few changes. The Power FC was kept for Daves turbo motor, so it now had an S13 turbo computer with a homemade Jaycar controller for the VCT. This p-plate weapon was acquired by Anthony in 2013, when I was painting the vert. The car had been red labelled for noise, too low, EPA/emissions. Anthony was going to go thirds as a cheap track thrash, and the other two parties had pulled out. As he didn't need two track cars, he strongly suggested I buy it off him.

So this engine actually made it in into the vert, and many decisions were based around it. Little wheels, dumheds 6 speed / 4.36 combo, etc. Before I got around to finishing it, someone approached me with a roof / all the missing parts for the vert, which would make it too heavy for a peaky NA setup, so I bullied a friend into buying it. Dan was building a nonturbo S13, and I spent a few weeks convincing him that a stock S13 NA engine was a nugget, and he needed something with big cams.

He eventually bought the engine only, and grew suspicious when the car wouldn't start. It took a bit of thinking, but the problem was using a turbo computer - the nonturbo cars don't use coilpacks, and so do not have power allocated in the body loom for it. So this was essentially a "turbo conversion", for which there are plenty of guides online, right? right. No, every forum thread has "how does I turbo convert" as a question, and "ffs use serch function dikhed" as the answer. As you dig back in time to threads from 2007 or earlier, they all have broken pictures (Photobucket type cataclysmic event of the previous decade?), so you just have threads of people saying "do I join these wires?" / "yes, those wires circled here" with no pictures. We had to grow up and figure it out ourselves, which wasn't too hard in the scheme of things. Dan wired in a new relay and boom, the car started, albeit with a lumpy idle.

(facebook vid for those with facebook - https://www.facebook.com/danskits1/v...2064759417762/ )

He eventually bought the 6 speed setup from me and once he got used to the super short gearing, drove the shit out of it. Talk about a motor that could, he skidded the thing at every opportunity. Driven hard on the streets, every single day at Wakefield and Eastern Creek. I should point out that Dan got into stripping cars, after seeing my success, but took it to the next level. Since he somehow had the ability to talk to dumb cunts, instead of blocking them, he had no trouble lining up business when it suited him, so would sell more parts at each track day he attended, so that he made money turning up and skidding. Anyway, was a cool little car, it also started picking up factory options, like the aero bar, and rear venetians. Semi-comically, I tried to make him buy the aero kit off the convertible, and he refused. After I sold it, he had the itch and bought the same combo I had. S13 aero bar, 180SX sideskirts, Bomex Bonneville rear lip, S13 CA wing.

Like I said, he drove the shit out of the thing. After doing every single track day in 18 months, one clutch kick at Eastern Creek resulted in the car becoming suspiciously loud

Autech extractors basically fatigued enough that they just snapped off. An ex-Wollongong guy lived around the corner, and so welded them up, and within an hour he was back on track.

I think after two whole years, he finally killed the engine at Eastern Creek. I think the engine would have survived longer if he bothered installing one of the many oil coolers he had lying around, but alas. He happened to buy another car with an S14 NA engine, which then swapped the cams/springs over, and he drove the shit out of it for another good year, despite this new motor appearing to have a bit of crank walk. The car was pretty reliable, having none of the "standard SR20 problems", but was finally sidelined when the ECU died. Around this time, Dan bought a crashed, very low km 180SX which possessed a very clean SR20DET, so he finally went turbo.

That first NA engine was 20 years old, and for at least 9 years, was ONLY thrashed. If I were to build another S13, I would try to stick to that formula. It wasn't FAST, but not slow either. It was slightly faster than another friends stock redtop SR with T28. But was very easy to slide, and destroyed many a set of tire.

As I got more and more sick of dealing with spastics, Dan took over business in the area. I was working with a single garage on a rental property, and trying not to piss off neighbours. He had a double garage, a big driveway, and wog parents who were happy he was happy (and making money at the same time).

We did a lot of dumb shit over the years, I liked things like having the jump starter go flat, so using a car with no exhaust, to jump start a car with no wheels.
    Last edited by nopistons; 18-02-18 at 08:00 PM.

And since I can't spam youtube, a clip of that trusty NA motor. Dan driving at Raleigh, being chased by 31GUN's nephew in his 4 door R32 skyline.

I do love my turbo shit, but I spend a lot of time thinking about a fun NA setup. Especially in wonderful NSW, where there are fuck all track days, and not many good roads to drive on. Something that is *fun* to drive closer to the speed limit has more appeal than something that can't have its neck wrung out on public streets.

That sounds like a good idea for a fun car.

Disclaimer: non-exciting car story.

My first car was an N14 Pulsar, maroon and autotragic. A few highschool friends had N14's (but manual), I went with auto because I'd only ever driven auto, and from the time I had my L's, noone in my family had a manual car. Also I gave no fucks for cars at the time. After a few years of happy motoring, I almost jumped ship to a weird little car. A friend from uni lived in a weird Christian share house, and one of the weirder roommates had stopped doing anything social and moved back to his parents. For a few months, his car was just sitting in the backyard, next to the other abandoned car (N13 I think? It was complete with smashed windows and panels). I was developing an interest in cars, and really wanted something manual, but was a broke uni student with few prospects. Nick told me one day he wanted the cars gone from the property, and tracked down the previous owner for me, who simply signed over ownership of the car. Two car friends looked at the new car for me, and decided timing was out - it had spark and fuel, but would not start. This meant nothing to me, but I believed them when they said it'd be easy if I sold my Pulsar and fixed the timing myself.

A Holden Astra! Although this series Astra was just a rebadged N13 Pulsar. So I wasn't REALLY jumping ship from Nissan.

This one had a sporty blue stripe and some alloy wheels.

ROH Somethings... with PVC centercap held in with wood screws?

My Pulsar was powered by the almighty SR20, which had thus far treated me good. I'd be making a gamble going to a SOHC 1.8L, hoping that going to a manwell transmission would make up for the difference in performance.

Hang on. I've never seen an Astra with numbers on the side of it. What the fuck is an SV1800?

I googled SV1800 and the first result was a forum, with a guy WTBing for an SV1800 for his collection. The next result was someone saying they're worth $2-3k depending on condition. I emailed the guy, he said YES he will buy it. He offered closer to $2k, because it had some rust. At this point, Nicks roommates who didn't give a fuck suddenly became interested in the car, and decided that the car would be sold. I should have told them to fuck off, and/or should have towed the car home and/or gotten it registered in my name first, but alas. I was young and poor and not yet a powerful scumbag lord.

HSV Collector Guy came up that weekend with his HSV Grange, which he pointed out was his only HSV in his HSV collection that currently had a towbar. He handed over some dollarydoos which was split 5 or 6 ways.

Apparently, the SV's had "sports suspension" and "sporty bodykit" and the pictured ROH wheels, and some badges. Apparently they had "sports extractors". They were available as Stage I, which were the same 79kw as the base model car, and an exciting Stage II, which pumped out an impressive 83kw. I think they were meant to do 17.5 quarter miles. Shame I missed out on some motoring history.

Fuck, what a way to get your end wet in the world of car enthusiasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by brewdles View Post
    In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

Don't worry, the HSV Astra is still a piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

Yeah, I can't imagine that tiny thing carting my fat ass around for long. Basically everyone I knew then had an SR20, 4AGE or better. That S12 from page 1 was already turbo'd at this point, so I don't think 79kw would have cut it. Not that my autotragic poosar was setting the world on fire anyway.

My room mate had a white VP commodore around that time as well. It was a non descript white VP commodore. It had 6 cylinders.

People couldn't figure out where the sweet dose came from in traffic.

It also had two handbrakes. Despite this, he kept a brick in the car in case he needed to park on a hill.

I'm still not sure how I got into cars.
    Last edited by nopistons; 19-02-18 at 04:10 PM.

I retract my previous statements about buying 50 of the same car, this is too good

Sv1800! Haha you really missed out there mate

Those were fun times. Nankangs at Wakefield are definitely an exercise in throttle and braking control
    Disclaimer: I may have no idea what I am talking about

And my non-car friends think I am crazy for buying a Z32 just for the gearbox..........
    I am on track to have a free gearbox and conversion parts for my S14.

I have wrecked 3 cars now and actually think Z32 owners aren't too bad, will never wreck and E36 BMW again.

Was hoping you could clear something up for me, you say you have a GTR diff and half shafts in your 180SX? I though the GTR and turbo Z32 had a R230 diff?
    I have an S14 and was wondering if the NA Z32 diff and 5 bolt shafts would work in my car? I would like to somehow end up with 3.9-4.1 gears with helical LSD and the stronger 5 bolt shafts.

This might not make sense, because I've had 50 caffeines and 0 sleeps.

GTR uses R200* with 6 x 1 bolt shafts

Z32 TT uses R230 with 6 x 1 bolt shafts

Z32 NA uses R200 with 5 x 1 bolt shafts

All three of the above use 4 channel ABS, so both of the output flanges have an ABS ring. The diff is the same length as an S13/R32 non-ABS diff

S14 uses 3 channel ABS, so the ABS sensor is in the front of the diff. The diff is physically longer than the S13 style non-ABS / Z32/GTR ABS.

Now, S13/S14/R32/R33 R200 centers have 29 spline stub axles
    *S1 R32 GTR use 30 spline stub axles
    *S2 R32 / R33 non-vspec GTR use 31 spline stub axles

S15 have a helical center R200, but use 3x2 bolt shafts, with a thinner 30 spline stub
    R34 GT-T have a helical center R200 with 5x1 bolt shafts. They are 4 channel ABS, so are too short unless you're going to change tail shafts to suit.

Also also

Z32 are ~40mm wider than Silvias, so the drive shafts are uselessly long. They don't fit any other nissan, unless you're extending control arms and have stupid wide body.

Shorter answer:

R33 GTST manual diff is 4.11 ratio, 5x1 axle, and 3 channel ABS. Will slot straight in, and R33 axles will fit straight in. It's a viscous center though. As far as putting an S15 center into an R33 diff, I'm not sure what the dealio is, some diff's use M12 bolts for the crownwheel, and some use M13.

In your shoes, I would do one of the three, from cheapest to dearest:
    - R33 GTST diff + axles
    - R33 GTST diff + axles + 2 way center
    - GTR diff / axles / hubs

If you can read Japanese, or like pictures, here is some secret knowledge

If your S14 is non-ABS, you can ignore everything I just wrote, and get an R34 GT-T diff + axles (R33 GTST axles will work also)

Thanks that does make sense i think. I never realised there was different spline counts with the R200 diffs.
    Sorry should of mentioned my car is a non-ABS.
    Looks like R34 GTT manual came with 4.11 and helical.
    As for the tailshaft I think I will get the front half remade to suit the Z32 box or maybe just a single piece shaft?
    Interesting what you say regarding Z32 driveshafts being longer. Am i right in saying the suspension arms are the same as S13 and the difference is in the subframe mounting points?
    Last edited by tanman; 20-02-18 at 08:06 PM.

The differing spline count mostly means you cant jam random stub axles into completely different diffs.
    And yep, Z32 = S13 suspension arms. Subframe is wider to suit the chassis

32-33 GTR diffs have 4.11s as well

Cracking read. Thanks for taking the time to share. Many lols
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

~ 2010 - Good Guy story ~

When I bought the sparkly car, I was told the aircon works, it "just needs gas". When I happened to pass through my friends workshop at lunch time and we accidentally tried to fill it with gas, we discovered a pinhole leak in one of the pressure lines. Fantastic!

It was around this time I found a 180 shell at Dapto pickapart. There wasn't much on it, it was basically a bare shell in primer, but it had AC lines. I grabbed those, and spent an afternoon trying to fit them into my full engine bay. After many hours of swearing, sweating, and mostly crying, I realised the new lines had a stress break in the opposite end. But the new lines were two piece, so if I tracked down another two-piece set, I would be able to do the easier job of replacing just that, right?

A few weeks later, I saw a guy on NS stripping a car. There wasn't much left on it at this point, but I asked if it had aircon lines still. "6 pack of whatever and its yours"

So to Western Sydney I travelled with a sixpack of whatever, and found this nicely stripped car with two-piece AC lines ready to be retrieved. At this point I query the fate of the car, as Miller looked too healthy to be the driver.

"Oh, this was my friends car. I still don't know how he rolled it, because he drives like a pussy" *shrugs*

I pulled out the AC lines and - brainwave - asked about the body loom. My car had some frustrating issues that seemed to stem from wiring, and my car had had an engine swap, so the smart thing to do would be to grab the engine loom [Narrator: it was not a smart thing to do. My 1989 car was CA18, and had completely different looms to what was in this squashed car, soon to be irrelevant anyway]. I asked Miller what he wanted for the loom and/or carpet.

"If you can get it out, its yours"

I should have understood that was a warning. I'd never dealt with a wreck before, and I was bad enough at working on full-size cars. I spent the whole afternoon inside a 3/4 height car full of broken glass and jagged metal, trying to pull out the interior and whatnots in order to get to the sweet, sweet loom. Miller laughed at me struggling and started feeding me the beers I had brought him. Eventually I packed my car with the carpet, body loom, engine bay loom, AC lines and splash guards. Score! Although I was sunburnt, dehydrated and had cuts all over my hands.

Unfortunately this was just a few weeks before I crashed my car, so I never used any of the parts I got from him. But this was my first experience with someone parting out a car, and the type of interaction I miss about the car world. Few and far between with drift sales scumbags.

~bonus~

While I was struggling, Miller was servicing his friends newly acquired R33 GTR. The friend was very happy with his "standard car" that was just purchased through a "reputable importer" for a "good price". Miller pointed out a lot of obvious things, where it used to have different turbos, how bits of trim had been changed to the wrong series parts, how there were holes in the floor from where a roll cage used to be. I don't remember if this was an Edward Lee's car, but the thing obviously had a different life back in Japan.

I finally dug up a $6 ribbon cable, so that I could use the pins to put the Defi heads up display together. Annoyingly, all of the short sighted "this will do for now" decisions I've made with routing cables and located modules in my dash is starting to bite me in the ass, but I'll save fixing that for when I absolutely have to, or when I eventually re-shell into a nice car.

Still in the process of making sure it works and/or getting it to read at the right RPM. Will test at night if I can ever be bothered to drive the car... I finally have enough cables and screws and nastiness to warrant a dash mat. Exciting mods to come soon.

Aaand I've already sold the Defi VSD. I had that thing since 2014, was always 'gonna' get around to installing it. It never occurred to me to actually read up on its capabilities, I just assumed it could display every sensor reading that it was plugged into. It could, but it won't display boost pressure. Dafuq? I was leaning towards removing the boost gauge, putting the remaining three into a triple gauge pod thing, and then applying a dash mat, to hide all of the dash damage.

No, forbidden. No boost for you.

So a mate is buying the unit off me, and life will go back to normal. But wait, there's more! The Defi Link controller has two sets of outputs, Meter 1 and Meter 2. The blackface gauges HAVE to run on the Meter 2, otherwise they only work when the lights are turned on. Fuck me, right? I figured THAT one out years ago, and since the Defi system just relies on daisy chaining, the Link Display was on that circuit as well. The instructions say the VSD runs off Meter 1 circuit. Fine. But I couldn't get the tacho signal right - the settings have options for 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 cylinder cars. No bueno. The instructions also say that tacho will be wrong if you have Link Display installed on Meter 2. Dafuq. Have to run gauges off Meter 2, the VSD off Meter 1 with the Link Display daisy chained off that. Meaning I have to redo all the routed cable that goes through my dash and behind aircon and stereo shit. Fucking hell, no problem. Except I tore wires out of the longest link cable plug. No matter, I have a spare! Oh wait, this also has broken wires. I have one more cable but its 1/3 of the length - not long enough to reach the link display... end result, I no longer have the link display installed haha. I simply ran out of working cables maybe one day I will figure out how to be patient enough to repin them.

TLDR: I tried to improve something on my working car, and broke things

I finally gave the car a wash (poorly). I'm really liking how this drives on the road atm, just wish I drove it more. A friend is trying to book a drift day at Wakefield in 4 months time, I should probably invest in a retune before something like that though. Would be good to finally use up the tyres I bought for my 2014 track day.