Thread: Mitsubishi Challenger-tips?

Mitsubishi Challenger-tips?

Right, so pending finance I'm getting out of the frogbox into a 2013 PC Challenger LS. Car already has a few nice extras, TJM steel bullar and TJM 9500lb winch with plasma rope, Lovells HD springs which looks to have lifted it 2" and some polyairbags in the bum. Also looks to have had dual batteries fitted at one point but I'll have to double check, there's a couple of battery cables loose in the engine bay and what looks like an isolator switch, TJM branded, which I'm now thinking is actually for the winch. For the price I'm getting it I'm sure as hell not complaining.
    Couple of questions though, it's currently got the stock shocks on it, which in my experience with Mitsubishi means they are on their last legs @ 70k, Bilsteins still the hotness on these things? Not going to bother changing the springs, especially since I'm guessing this already has some good ones on. I forgot to check if it has a DPF, anyone know? Catch can and fuel filter are no brainers and I'll probably do the EGR fix if it won't throw codes.
    What's the hotness on tunes/exhausts for these? Roosystems worth the $$?
    And finally, it's got factory 17" rims, 265/65R17, thinking either sticking 265/70 ATs on when the current crap are done or put highway friendly tyres on the alloys and go 16" steels with some decent tyres.
    Cheers lads.

No dpf but egr needs to be blocked, best way is to solder a 3.7k resistor onto the (from memory) blue with silver trace
    wire at the airbox. Mine never threw a code and according to a scanguage2 never opened after fitting the resistor.

I fitted a scotts rods 3" exhaust which made a massive difference to both power and economy however the best thing I did to it was to chuck the stock fuel tank away and fit a outback accessorys long range tank.

Mine was a 2014 pc and I recently traded it on a jeep as I couldn't put up with the shit seats and cup holders that
    were so small that no cups in existence fitted in them.

Was a good car let down by stupid little issues.

You can block the egr by cutting a small plate, won’t throw codes and is easier than loom surgery. Have a read on the New Triton forum plenty of how tos on there.

Catch can is a must and when you can pull the intercooler out and give it a clean, they fill with oil. Brake cleaner through cold side of the turbo aswell to clean all the snot from the pcv out.

I got a 3” xforce from turbo with no cat, bought of Dale @ castle hill. Otherwise DPM 3” off eBay people seem to be rather happy with.

I put ultimate suspensions shocks/spring in my Triton, made it feel like a new car, the stock stuff is just pure junk.

Speak to dale about tunes, think he still recommended the unichip & tune for Mitsubishi .
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

Yeah, already looking at tune/exhaust, leaning towards roosystems remap and pipes. Apparently it reduces the egr cycling, I'd be running the blockoff as well. Yeah, bigger fuel tank is on the list, probably Brown Davis. Seats are abit of a concern to be honest, but I reckon I'd be throwing some sheepskin on it since it's got leather, Mitsubishi leather is shit. I didn't even look at the cupholders, the Citroen pretty much doesn't have any.

Loom surgery takes 10 seconds at best and works 100%. Blocking plates often throw codes unles it has a hole 10mm hole drilled in it which sort of defeats the purpose

Post 2013 firmware doesn’t throw the eng light from a plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Did this happen?
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Still waiting on the finance, dealer claims a backlog of applications at Macquarie. He did admit he was abit slow getting the application in as there's only 3 finance people for the whole dealer group at the moment.
    Hopefully it will go ahead and I'll have it by next weekend, which is when the ACT 4wd show is on here in struggletown.

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Fair enough. There a good thing imho.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Yeah, we've had a few Mitsi 4wds in the family over the years. Tally so far is L300, 2 Pajeros, 2 Tritons and hopefully 2 Challengers, Dad had a PA2 until a couple of years ago. Plus all the other Mitsubishis we've had, 6 Magnas, 2 Lancers and a Colt.
    Even a Proton GTi at one point!