Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My WR450 Adventure.

Jak Sie Masz! trent from punchy's Avatar
    Very cool rig.

Is the 2nd tank hard wired or do you have to turn a tap?
    www.markpakula.com
    2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
    2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
    2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
    2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
    Man, that's awesome.

I really need to fuck off my crf and buy something like this to do these sorta things.

How did old mates postie hold up?
    Postie was as reliable as ever. Just slow up hills. I sat back and left him set the pace. Blacky is a fucking good rider so it wasnít slow everywhere else just sketchy as hell.
    As it happens Iíve been offered a fully set up WR rally bike so I may sell this one to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajs991 View Post
    Awesome bike. Very well set up.

How many times did I suggest things other than crfs etc for this reason?
    Yeah I have a no CRFís rule.

Quote Originally Posted by trent from punchy View Post
    Very cool rig.

Is the 2nd tank hard wired or do you have to turn a tap?
    You have to manually turn a tap but its piss easy to do on the fly. I ran the rear tank empty (around 260klms) to get weight off the back of the bike then moved over to the front tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

I am retard and obtained things because i'm dumb and impulsive.
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Man, that's awesome.

I really need to fuck off my crf and buy something like this to do these sorta things.

How did old mates postie hold up?
    Tight nasty whooped out single trail I'll keep my crf.
    Out the dunes and finding a big jump...
    Skull dragging the cunt out of a sloppy mud hole sucks no matter what you have in that situation postie bike would have it's advantages.

Mind you a africa twin crf is tempting getting a morning coffee there was one parked up and sounded mint when he left

Postie bikes lol had one and kept cracking the frame starting from the engine mounting bolts.
    And exhaust falling to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcs View Post
    Tight nasty whooped out single trail I'll keep my crf.
    Out the dunes and finding a big jump...
    Skull dragging the cunt out of a sloppy mud hole sucks no matter what you have in that situation postie bike would have it's advantages.

Mind you a africa twin crf is tempting getting a morning coffee there was one parked up and sounded mint when he left

Postie bikes lol had one and kept cracking the frame starting from the engine mounting bolts.
    And exhaust falling to bits.
    I was talking to my mate about this. My biggest problem here is the CRF is more than capable of being pointed anywhere and going/getting there quickly.
    The problem is in Canberra we've got one place to ride which is an hour outta town. My father in law does this shit all the time which is kinda what I want to do. Do it on the CRF he says. The problem is get caught here no reg your are done
    No club reg or rec reg which sucks. If we did it'd be a whole different ball game.
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

My crf450x is great for trail work, but I would rather a WR for longer distance stuff, they just seem less agressive. For me the crf feels like a slightly toned down version of a mx bike, whereas the WR feels more sedate bike.

Power delivery on WR was always sewing machine like.

I was talking to my mate about this. My biggest problem here is the CRF is more than capable of being pointed anywhere and going/getting there quickly.
    The problem is in Canberra we've got one place to ride which is an hour outta town. My father in law does this shit all the time which is kinda what I want to do. Do it on the CRF he says. The problem is get caught here no reg your are done
    No club reg or rec reg which sucks. If we did it'd be a whole different ball game.
    Yeah I get that and after my last bike 11 crf450r I thought I would have rego bike and was very seriously considering a rmx450 thing.

Was looking for a x version but were so much more pricey and more wanted something that was worth bugger all. As will sit most of the time and really only pulled out if weather is nice and enough mates etc.

For me the dunes are less then 2mins from my joint on a bike and every man and his dog has a quad/side by side to get to the beach which is like 5mins on a quad to go fishing.
    Think there is even a few coppers that live in the estate as long as your not being a dickhead on the road I don't think that they worry too much

I grew up in and around the motocross scene so going and doing a few vet class racing or enduro here and there are a high possibility.

I know what you mean with moto crossers about going quick as imo the harder you push them the more rewarding and easy to ride they get then you crash and break shit...

An adventure bike would have to be treated as a separate thing for me and can very much see the appeal as sometimes referred to as a poor man's 4wd that I dare say in the right hands few 4wds could access the places an adventure bikes could take you for the outlay of dollars.

I've actually been looking at trials bikes of late I have always wanted one.
    Just for pissing around in back yard for a few giggles.