Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ryobi one+ batteries (ebay knockoffs)

Quote Originally Posted by Norbie View Post
    I've been using my eBay knockoff Ryobi battery a bit, all good so far and nothing has caught fire. Would bang again.

I bought from this store:

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/onfly6688

They have them in 2.0/4.0/6.0 Ah sizes, I paid about $48 for the big one.
    Thanks. Do you have an genuine 5Ah to compare with? Is the 6Ah bigger? Reason I ask is my mower has a cover that just fits the 5Ah ones underneath. With a 6Ah it would stick up which is probably not really a problem but worth knowing about beforehand.

Yeah I have a 5Ah and the 6Ah is a bit bigger from memory, but not much. I can get a photo later if you like?
    Norbie!

Yeah I have a 5Ah and the 6Ah is a bit bigger from memory, but not much. I can get a photo later if you like?
    If you wouldn't mind thanks. There's actually two problems I've realised after looking at it. The plastic cover which largely just keeps the grass and dirt out is the first. There's pretty much zero clearance to the genuine 5Ah.

The two batteries also overlap each other so if more than about 10mm thicker in the base, the lower/outside one won't fit. Photo should be clearer.

Neither of these problems apply to pretty much any of the other tools.

Sorry for the delay, I've been a bit busy for shed activities lately.

Anyway good news, the ebay knockoff looks to be exactly the same size as the genuine one:

That actually makes me question how likely it is that the knockoff has 20% greater capacity in the same volume, but oh well, it was cheap.
    Norbie!

Sorry for the delay, I've been a bit busy for shed activities lately.

Anyway good news, the ebay knockoff looks to be exactly the same size as the genuine one:

That actually makes me question how likely it is that the knockoff has 20% greater capacity in the same volume, but oh well, it was cheap.
    No worries and thanks heaps for doing that. I think I'll give a couple a go based on that.

The 20% extra is quite feasible in the same size cells these days. I'll see if I knock up some sort of capacity test - high enough current might be an issue. Both my 5Ah are fucked though so I won't be able to compared directly but if I can get something that tells me >5Ah I'll be happy enough for about half the price.

Edit: What's with these guys having a hundred different listings for the same batteries all about?

Edit 2: Buy 2 single ones rather than 1x 2 pack and get 5% off. Then get another 15% off second item (effectively 7.5% off) with POPPER code = $43 each.
    Last edited by Shonky; 04-07-19 at 10:16 AM.

Loosely related, has anyone tried the one plus stick vac? Any good? The batteries have just crapped out on our Electrolux hand vac and if I can't get it repacked I was thinking about the ryobi one due to the replaceable battery.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Quote Originally Posted by da9jeff View Post
    Loosely related, has anyone tried the one plus stick vac? Any good? The batteries have just crapped out on our Electrolux hand vac and if I can't get it repacked I was thinking about the ryobi one due to the replaceable battery.

The reviews I've read of it are fairly average. After filtering out the whiners and general idiots it was average suction and something to do with the filter or dust bin getting clogged easily. With the bigger batteries, the balance wasn't great too from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonky View Post
    The reviews I've read of it are fairly average. After filtering out the whiners and general idiots it was average suction and something to do with the filter or dust bin getting clogged easily. With the bigger batteries, the balance wasn't great too from memory.
    Cool thanks for that. The Electrolux has been a good vac so will try and get it fixed.

Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Cool thanks for that. The Electrolux has been a good vac so will try and get it fixed.

Probably worth looking for a cheap battery fix then.

Some reviews
    https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/ryobi-r18sv7

EDIT: Just realised you are talking about a different one. Can't comment on this one, I have the hand held jobbie.
    Last edited by Sprinkles; 08-07-19 at 11:36 PM.

Speaking of Ryobi vacs, does anyone have the rectangle box vac? Any reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by takai View Post
    Speaking of Ryobi vacs, does anyone have the rectangle box vac? Any reviews?
    Are you talking about this one:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-18...-only_p0057190

If so, it's useless. I have a Dyson hand vacuum, way better. However, a lot more expensive.

You can get 18650 cells at 3000mAh, and that size battery there are 2 in parallel. Open her up and you should see the capacity of each cell (again noting there are bazillion of fake wraps for cells)
    "And I know that arseholes grow on trees but I'm here to trim the leaves" Peeping Tom, Mike Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    Are you talking about this one:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-18...-only_p0057190

If so, it's useless. I have a Dyson hand vacuum, way better. However, a lot more expensive.
    Nah. This one: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-on...-only_p0045819

I was looking at the Milwaukee one last year, but didnít have enough room in my luggage.

No worries and thanks heaps for doing that. I think I'll give a couple a go based on that.

Edit 2: Buy 2 single ones rather than 1x 2 pack and get 5% off. Then get another 15% off second item (effectively 7.5% off) with POPPER code = $43 each.
    And so after 5 days of nothing, Norbie's seller has come back and said they don't have stock. And it seems everyone with "AU Stock" is out of stock of the 6Ah jobs.

I was looking at these the other day, would also be interested to know if anyone has used one as it looks useful for shed cleanup. Was also considering that mini handheld one for little jobs (eg clearing metal shavings etc off the workbench) but Sprinkles' review isn't very positive so I might give that one a miss.

It's actually fun to scroll through the complete list of One+ products, there are a lot of them!

https://www.ryobi.com.au/power-tools...amily/one-plus

There are several items in that list I'd never heard of a week ago but now "need".
    Norbie!

Nah. This one: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-on...-only_p0045819

I was looking at the Milwaukee one last year, but didnít have enough room in my luggage.
    Yep - Ive got one to take on small jobs - works bloody good for what I use it for.

Got this thing on the weekend... works better than the dyson but no where near as balanced or as light... but perfect for the caravan

im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

Wouldn't kick it out of bed!

Anyone got the One+ blower/vac? Is it capable, or junk?
    Thanks
    https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-on...-only_p3381343

I've got the smaller blower only one. It is handy but chews through a fully charged genuine 5AH in less than 10 minutes.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Quote Originally Posted by uuheels View Post
    Anyone got the One+ blower/vac? Is it capable, or junk?
    Thanks
    https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-on...-only_p3381343
    Blower only ones are good. I'm also interested the brushless vac but quite a few reviews are less than stellar:

https://www.ryobi.com.au/outdoor/pro...name=brushless

I only need it for smallish leaves that accumulate so probably good enough but some reviews love it and some hate it. Maybe the haters had too high expectations? Seems to be more whinging about the blower side of it?

In other news knock off 6Ah batteries seem to be back in stock. I have two on the way. I also can measure their capacity with a 150W or 10A max load - not quite high enough compared to say a blower but good enough to get a real idea of capacity. An almost new genuine 4.0Ah only gave about 3.6Ah and a 5Ah came in around 4.5Ah. I'm pretty confident my load is correctly measuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    I've got the smaller blower only one. It is handy but chews through a fully charged genuine 5AH in less than 10 minutes.
    Blower only ones are good. I'm also interested the brushless vac but quite a few reviews are less than stellar:

https://www.ryobi.com.au/outdoor/pro...name=brushless

I only need it for smallish leaves that accumulate so probably good enough but some reviews love it and some hate it. Maybe the haters had too high expectations? Seems to be more whinging about the blower side of it?

In other news knock off 6Ah batteries seem to be back in stock. I have two on the way. I also can measure their capacity with a 150W or 10A max load - not quite high enough compared to say a blower but good enough to get a real idea of capacity. An almost new genuine 4.0Ah only gave about 3.6Ah and a 5Ah came in around 4.5Ah. I'm pretty confident my load is correctly measuring.
    I have one of the blowers too, but I need to pickup lots of small leaves from concrete areas daily and thought it might be useful.
    I too have seen many mixed reviews, so I thought I'd ask here.

I was just about to pick one up today at Bunnings and a bloke nearby starting talking to me saying he wasn't overly impressed with his, but did say it was okay for small leaves.
    I might just have to bite the bullet and try it. Bunnings can have it back if it's shit.