Thread: My Echo is too knock sensitive - how normal is that? And what injectors?

My Echo is too knock sensitive - how normal is that? And what injectors?

So I've had my Echo for a while now. Don't knock me, it's cute, 18, well travelled and always willing.

I was once chasing a misfire, and during that I replaced the fuel pump, several coils (they actually died one after another, that bit wasn't just guessing), the spark plugs (sidegapped just because. Stock now though) and had the injectors cleaned. Fuel pump was last, turned out to be that.

So I noticed that after that, the high load misfire/hesitation disappeared.

Now the weather is hotter and it's back, only at high loads, worse on hot days. I run 98 as a matter of course, on 91 it's much worse. It must be said, I can't run 91 in anything except pre-au Falcons, everything else seems to have power fluctuations at high loads. My ass-dyno is sensitive when it comes to that.

Is it normal for a 2NZ (or 1NZ) to have these high load fluctuations that feel all the world like it's pulling timing, even on 98?

And what injectors should be in a 99 1.3 Echo? When I had them out they had 4 holes in them. The only injectors I can find for the NZ's are 12-hole items, but all those listings start at 2000...

Carbon build up. Give it a good cleaning with Subaru upper cylinder cleaner.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Sports Sedan

Hadn't thought of that. Come to think of it, it sometimes (if I haven't booted it for a while) blows a little smoke above 4500 at full throttle. I really should put a catch can in there properly...

Hmmm interdasting, my mum (nopics) killed the engine in her Echo, pinging...after changing the engine I fitted a new knock sensor, to be sure.
    " Money is for those without skills"

On an unrelated note, I see nopics a lot on this forum, what's with that?

Pics of your wife and we’ll tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

LS7 Prius = Proper HYBRID Walt Kowalski's Avatar
    Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Echo
    Logical debate beats name calling any day. My Badges Of Honour so far in PF: Racist, Bigot, Islamaphobe, Numpty, Moron, Far Right Wing Nationalist, Far Fight Wing Fascist, "raving fucking lunatic", "dumb" & climate "denier". AND they are just SOME of the pathetic tags that I've been labelled by SOME here. HINT: Those labels are signs that the accusers have lost to logical debate.

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRmqRZpCqzg