Thread: Coil over sleeve kits

Coil over sleeve kits

Recently bought a HSD sleeve kit and just asking how you go about fitting them

I know i need to remove the factory spring seat but do i just weld the sleeve to the strut or do i make a collar and weld that on and have the sleeve sit on the collar ?

Cheers
    List of cars goes here

Banned
    Last ones I did I just welded the sleeve to the shock.

Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    Last ones I did I just welded the sleeve to the shock.
    So you welded to a pressure vessel filled with oil?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

depends on the material the sleeve kit is made of.
    if it is mild steel weld it straight on, anything else weld on a collar.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Yes I did....... Maybe I should've mentioned they were VL MacPherson struts.

Just to annoy you I have welded on gas filled shocks before when the link bracket was wrong how do you feel about that?

Cash me outside....how bow dat?
    Last edited by evo-gsr; 06-02-18 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMuz View Post
    Fuck 1uz you're such a sad cunt, trolling at a rookie level is the lowest form of self expression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Interesting that no-one wants to come to the rescue of 1uz though. Maybe he really is an annoying flog ?

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    Most* of the time the shocks are fucked and you replace them with inserts anyway. And have to shorten the strut tube.

What car OP?

*when I did it anyway

Yes I did....... Maybe I should've mentioned they were VL MacPherson struts.

Just to annoy you I have welded on gas filled shocks before when the link bracket was wrong how do you feel about that?
    shame it did not explode.

Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by blingcommander View Post
    depends on the material the sleeve kit is made of.
    if it is mild steel weld it straight on, anything else weld on a collar.
    Cheer everyone for the advice

So basically either way is fine
    I was thinking about the collar so the sleeve can be removed for what ever reason
    List of cars goes here

Quote Originally Posted by Roadsailing View Post
    Most* of the time the shocks are fucked and you replace them with inserts anyway. And have to shorten the strut tube.
    Yeah, I'm aware that's how they're often done (and I've done a set myself), just our village mong professing to weld them to shocks (rather than strut tubes) deserved highlighting.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Banned
    Yeah, I'm aware that's how they're often done (and I've done a set myself), just our village mong professing to weld them to shocks (rather than strut tubes) deserved highlighting.
    So when I said shock you didn't have the intelligence to think maybe he meant strut tube but just said shock and you're meant to be some guru gingerbeer..... do you have the IQ to swap that word out for another?

I thought you didn't shitpost in general?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin
    Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

So when I said shock you didn't have the intelligence to think maybe he meant strut tube but just said shock and you're meant to be some guru gingerbeer..... do you have the IQ to swap that word out for another?
    It was pretty obvious what you meant
    List of cars goes here

Shock and strut tube are not the same thing, nor are they remotely interchangable terms - do you have the IQ to correctly name and identify the item you're welding to?

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    I figured you were aware, just sayan most of the time there will coincidentally be no problem. Probably safer to have a good think about it though.

yeah maybe, but then:

[I]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I thought you didn't shitpost in general?
    Hey I wasn't but then got drilled over one incorrect term. I never new we were building space shuttles here.

^ *knew
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars