Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current hotness in girl truck tyres?

Quote Originally Posted by piss98 View Post
    Same with ours Fatty, 225/55/18 is not an entirely common size and searching by vehicle on the various tyre sites seems to only give a few choices. Came across Dunlop Grandrek PT3's which seem to have decent reviews and are on sale for $244 each. Looking at those as the option at the moment.
    How did you go mate ?

Wife's nugget goes in for service on Monday and i'll throw some tyres at it as well. Think it was $350 odd for the factory spec Toyos ? And BYO lube apparently....
    LSA for towing, APRA N15 for going...

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    Got Grandtrek AT22 on the Challenger, abit meh on them. They don't like fastish dirt roads, needed to lock the center diff to stop the thing from moving around so much even in AWD.
    Paj had them as oem equipment.

Good for better economy not so great on dirt
    Work quite well in the sand at around12-14psi.

Got around 50k on em though so not to bad

I picked Nitto NT830s for the Tiguan purely based on the tread pattern and I'm very happy with them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    1998 BT1 Sedan. RB30 plus baby seat
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Anything with Fukushima in the title is bound to be great click bait.

They look like they'd be horrifying in the wet. Quiet though.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

No movement yet Fatty, not had time to do anything about it yet! The ones I mentioned above are probably what I will get, I want her to have good tyres, but I'm not paying $300+ a wheel! Fuck I didn't spend that on sticky tyres back when I had a fast car!
    Hide yo' wife!!!

I have Pirelli Scorpion Zeros on my CX-7. Not as quiet as I expected, but happy enough with all other aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    How did you go mate ?

Wife's nugget goes in for service on Monday and i'll throw some tyres at it as well. Think it was $350 odd for the factory spec Toyos ? And BYO lube apparently....
    If just street driven, Michelin Primacy 3ST is well worth a look at below $300. Quiet and good wet/dry grip.
    Radical SR3
    HSV R8

Cheers mate, the most offroading it does is occasionally get parked on the front lawn...

Cam - Tightarse !

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    They look like they'd be horrifying in the wet. Quiet though.
    It's AWD and I'm in Perth so not a massive concern but they seemed better than the stock continental tyres when I put them on.

There is a bit of a wobble above 150km/h but that might be the tyre shop being lazy because I bought them online through tyresales.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    1998 BT1 Sedan. RB30 plus baby seat
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Anything with Fukushima in the title is bound to be great click bait.

Come on Fatty we’re not all on Govt train boss wages mate.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

I just put these on the X5 and they seem pretty solid, although I haven't tried them in the dry yet. They don't have a 225/55 but the 235/60 wouldn't be far off. https://www.kumho.com.au/tyres/passenger/crugen-hp91/

Quote Originally Posted by [CatchMe] View Post
    I just put these on the X5 and they seem pretty solid, although I haven't tried them in the dry yet. They don't have a 225/55 but the 235/60 wouldn't be far off. https://www.kumho.com.au/tyres/passenger/crugen-hp91/
    Ah, 5% taller is probably abit further off than ideal. It's over 30mm taller for starters, which would knock your speedo out of whack. Going to a 235/55 or even a 235/50 would be a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    Ah, 5% taller is probably abit further off than ideal. It's over 30mm taller for starters, which would knock your speedo out of whack. Going to a 235/55 or even a 235/50 would be a better idea.
    The BMW speedos GPS adjust from what i can gather.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    The BMW speedos GPS adjust from what i can gather.
    GPS or vehicle calibration settings? I know with Mercs you had to change the vehicles settings if you changed tyre size, now you mention it I'd assume BMW would be the same.

Un-Boothy like resolution post.

Just booked in to get a set of 4 Kumho Crugen KL33's "Premium" SUV tyres. Bought them online from tyresales.com as the flogged the local Kumho dealer for price (and they are a newish model of tyre so won't be 10yr old stock).

Rang the local Kumho place and felt I was being fed a line as the bloke said "$199 each for those" and when I asked for a price on the lower spec option too "ahh yeh they are $199 too". So I quizzed him about why the shit ones are the same price as the primo ones "ahh yeh, umm the better ones are on special". So I asked how long for *pause* "uummmm, yeh end of Feb". Something didn't sound right and looking online it's not that hard to find them anywhere from $10-$40 a tyre cheaper.

Getting them delivered to the local Mini/BMW centre as they are near me, a "Premium" fitting centre so the Mrs gets the car cleaned inside and out at the same time, plus a wheel alignment.

Going to keep the 2 Cooper CS5's that still have plenty of tread on them and flog them off on Gumtree for $50 each making it $644 for a set of 4 decent new tyres, plus a wheel alignment and a car clean.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Tyres delivered and fitted no issue, recommend Tyresales online as they were easily cheapest, fast shipping and plenty of choices for fitting.

While not performance tyres, they shit on the Coopers we had. They feel a little softer in the sidewall when cornering but grip and feel a lot better and quiet. Will see how well they last!
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Hang on. A thread with a happy ending ?

Not the kind you're after.
    Hide yo' wife!!!