Thread: pimp my caravan brakes - hydraulics sizing question

pimp my caravan brakes - hydraulics sizing question

hey guys, got a vintage caravan off a mate and am doing the brakes and shit so i can use it.

atm i got the wheel cylinders reco'd, replaced the copper brake lines with bundy, but am stuck on the master sizing.

the old master is a vintage PBR unit and is seized to fuck, so i cant get it apart to size up atm.

brakes look like E/H series holden? wheel cyls are 1" bore over the usual 5/8"-3/4" sizing.

its only single axle. so im thinking 7/8" master?

anyone a hydraulic sizing yoda that can confirm or deny?

TIA. off to douse the old master in diesel...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

If the master cylinder is stuffed, why not cut it in half and measure the bore? Itís going in the bin anyway.

Thats a very good idea! I might just have to do that
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Usually the bore is cast into the body of the master somewhere?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Yeah i had a good look over it but nothings cast in like usual. There is a tin plate rivitted to it, but the info on it has long since rubbed off.

I'd go with a 7/8", a 3/4 would be too small for those wheel cylinder sizes.
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Title pending
    Gurus like pictures
    Then they can tell you what you have
    And maybe even recommend something
    Location Perth Western Australia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG20180214193628.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	3.01 MB 
ID:	104739

This is the old girl there.

Title pending
    That fuckers older than me
    Time to change your hitch and fit a modern one with 7/8 master
    Location Perth Western Australia

considered updating to electric brakes? yes i know more cost etc but if you're going to keep it...
    RB26......................Again

Pollitically incorrect
    If you want a new axle with leccy brakes, give me the numbers and I'll get a price. The last lot went really cheap.

Got a bit of a hookup with holroyd.

PS, dont you know some cunt that works at Barker? Surely there's hook up there?
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Quote Originally Posted by dattoman1000 View Post
    That fuckers older than me
    Time to change your hitch and fit a modern one with 7/8 master
    1964 the van was built!
    For sure, that was the plan all along. So you reckon 7/8 is the go size wise?

Quote Originally Posted by fly510 View Post
    considered updating to electric brakes? yes i know more cost etc but if you're going to keep it...
    Yep. The van needs a full resto. Will look into stuff like that if we go all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by nastysven View Post
    If you want a new axle with leccy brakes, give me the numbers and I'll get a price. The last lot went really cheap.

Got a bit of a hookup with holroyd.

PS, dont you know some cunt that works at Barker? Surely there's hook up there?
    Thanks for the offer! im just doing the basics to get the van usable atm. However i also need axles and brakes for my car trailer in the next few weeks, so ill hit you up when i know what i need..
    I do know some ex barkers guys. But barkers only does truck trailers, not automotive stuff.. Oh and they are rough cunts

Pollitically incorrect
    rough eh? They're that good we have to go up there and measure our trailers to make sure they have built them the right length... and that they are square and dont fall apart the 1st time you load them.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Haha, yep thats barkers!