Thread: WTB - Pre 1993 Hairdressermobile (MX5)

WTB - Pre 1993 Hairdressermobile (MX5)

The AE86 has effectively been sold, and we have the soccermummobile. So i am now able to entertain the full transformation to tight arse middle age crisis and buy a convertible for my rapidly thinning hair to get ruffled by the wind in.

Basically looking for a cheap RWCable MX5 to put on club reg and take to the occasional track day.

I know i missed a couple earlier in the year, but they seem to pop up regularly enough.

Are there any around that want to be sold?
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

look up Jan Micallef on Facebook. He nearly always has one for sale.
    NA8B 89KW- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
    NB8B 181KW- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
    VP 293KW- P.I 1:43.8 WNTN 1:33.5

Cheap rego is one cost aspect of ownership. Over (say) 5-6 track days in a year the overall cost of ownership may be less with something a bit newer (NB8B?), despite paying a bit more for rego.

The early ones are pretty old, and can have the odd issue. They do look the best though

Yeah, i know about the cost of ownership. Hell ive been operating an IPRA AE86, its expensive from an IPRA point of view and from an AE86 point of view. A cheap secondary runabout will definitely be cheaper.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

If you are dead set on an early model don't get an NA6, you'll hate yourself and end up changing it all over so it's effectively an NA8. NB8B is the best option by far

Quote Originally Posted by Komdotkom View Post
    If you are dead set on an early model don't get an NA6, you'll hate yourself and end up changing it all over so it's effectively an NA8. NB8B is the best option by far
    Bugger all NA8s out there with build dates in 1993.

Dont particularly care about changing it all over, its all going to get changed in the long run anyway.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget

NA with NB8B everything = win

Quote Originally Posted by lightyear View Post
    NA with NB8B everything = win
    Yeah. This is my feel. Plus buying NB8 bits to transfer over slowly gives me something mechanical to do with the little man, be good to teach him about cars.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget

It took me about 4 days to do it all. 2 days to do 90%, 2 days to do the minor things and get the headlights to pop up.
    Brendan has a '94 that we did this too as well. It has a supercharger to help it move along now, but that can be removed before he sells it. It hardly gets used. That would be a car to buy, he has too many, so hit him up.
    NA8B 89KW- P.I. 1:50.1, WNTN1:38.0, SDWN 1:27.6, WKFLD 1:10.4
    NB8B 181KW- P.I 1:43.8, WNTN 1:32.9, SDWN 1:22.0, BDFD 1:05.3
    VP 293KW- P.I 1:43.8 WNTN 1:33.5

It took me about 4 days to do it all. 2 days to do 90%, 2 days to do the minor things and get the headlights to pop up.
    Brendan has a '94 that we did this too as well. It has a supercharger to help it move along now, but that can be removed before he sells it. It hardly gets used. That would be a car to buy, he has too many, so hit him up.
    1994 eh, thats not far off club reg. Which Brendan?
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget

look up Jan Micallef on Facebook. He nearly always has one for sale.
    Top dude to deal with. Bought 2 gearboxes off him last week.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Brendan, as in Beavis Motorsport.

Brendan, as in Beavis Motorsport.
    Ah for sure.

Also surely enough Jan has two for sale.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget