Thread: Little fraser island video we made.

Little fraser island video we made.

Re my budget overlander thread in the PF 4x4 section, my american buddy made a video with me, and two other pf members "chicken box" and "ryleyma60".

hes very american so please excuse the american talking stuff.

I am a retarded 747 captain who now sells waterslides in Perth.

Banned
    Cool.

Your spotties are gay.

Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    Cool.

Your spotties are gay.
    i'm not really sure how to respond to that, so i'll just ban you forever.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Shermuz View Post
    Please do...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapracer View Post
    Sperm are clever little fuckers that got us where we are today. You've never heard of pre-cum by the way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugs View Post
    That's why I punch myself in the nuts before sex, get them disorientated.

Mmmmmmm Pie !

Lol @ Banning.

Nice work lads.
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Fucking LOL

How much fuel does your FJ chew through on the beach when fully loaded up Simon? Been looking at the FJ's, and wonder whether I need to spend the extra to get the 2013+ model with the big tank.

No snachat vid would be complete without commentary by token American bro with ADD

Looked like a fun day out though
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Did he call your FJ a Whip?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Little fraser island video we made.

Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    Cool.

Your spotties are gay.
    You know what, until you wrote this I thought you needed to be left alone but I wholeheartedly support the lifetime ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

BAHAHAH at the BAN, well done!

Will watch when im in the shitter
    Quote Originally Posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

Vid is good. Great day out, some spots I've never seen. Old mate is a crack up too.

And dyno, fuck dude, ROFL, don't you ever learn?!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Winner!! Ahh the serenity..

That's cool, especially the rdyno stuff.
    Retard Honour Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Rob Sloth Young did i ask for your opinion? no. i only want it for a paddock bomb. go play with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    you stupid fucken imbicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    your are a fucken idiot of the highest level.

This is currently the best thread on pf.

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Fucking LOL

How much fuel does your FJ chew through on the beach when fully loaded up Simon? Been looking at the FJ's, and wonder whether I need to spend the extra to get the 2013+ model with the big tank.
    Its not as bad as you'd think, the engine is powerful and its very easy to drive on the beach. I have an aftermarket secondary 125L tank, i fill that and the 70L primary and that's a heap of fuel. More than enough for a week with the family, in fact i'll usually come back with enough to drive around town for the week or two after. Unless i'm over with the PF boys, in that case i'll take another 4 jerry cans because we will do well over 1000km during that week doing inland tracks.

That being said I pretty much never use low range as the car doesnt need it. I'd imagine the "experts" running around in low 4 at 3500rpm doing 20kph would use a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    Did he call your FJ a Whip?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Yes, yes he did.

Sent from my computer using a keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman Don View Post
    You know what, until you wrote this I thought you needed to be left alone but I wholeheartedly support the lifetime ban.
    I know right! I mean wtf they are ARB intensitys, they are pretty much the best shit you can get!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm DJ! View Post
    Vid is good. Great day out, some spots I've never seen. Old mate is a crack up too.

And dyno, fuck dude, ROFL, don't you ever learn?!
    Theres a lot of old logging tracks, some have been converted into walking paths, others closed for ranger use only, and others simply closed and abandoned.

I've been driving all these and slowly mapping them over the last few years. There is lots of history on the island that has been forgotten because QPWS don't wanna maintain it. Its great fun but you gotta be prepared to drive around or unbolt the hinges on gates, and on some tracks bang your car up a little.

I know right! I mean wtf they are ARB intensitys, they are pretty much the best shit you can get!.
    Those things would light the beach up!! Hell my ebay genuine Phillips headlight LEDs could sort out half of the MCG.

How is Fraser these day, hear they have spent a fair bit on making the inland tracks more user friendly. The Maheno Wreck still visible or has it finally disappeared?
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

Can you option those ARB lights with black rings, rather than the red rings around the circumference?

I had them custom painted as I didnít want to add a new colour to the front of the car

I had them custom painted as I didnít want to add a new colour to the front of the car
    Cool. Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman Don View Post
    How is Fraser these day, hear they have spent a fair bit on making the inland tracks more user friendly. The Maheno Wreck still visible or has it finally disappeared?
    Maheno is there but it wont be for much longer. The inland tracks have been reinforced but they are pretty fucked on the main tracks between kingfisher and McKenzie and Eurong. They are fucked from repeated use by people who dont know how to drive. The run into McKenzie i actually bottom out on now and that's just from idiots getting stuck and digging holes.

The main trend i'm seeing is more Chinese, every time i go over i see more and they are pretty much always in Subarus or Rav4's, they don't understand and they wont listen, they drive the wrong way down roads and tracks and get stuck everywhere then once they get stuck they get angry at those trying to help, so no one helps, which blocks the track. Then when they finally get out they turn around and go back to kingfisher and spend the rest of their holiday angry there.

Even when we were there last there was a family in a suburu forester, they didn't understand how to drive onto the barge at Hervey Bay and would not listen to instruction from the deckhands, this lead to them taking about 10-15mins to drive onto the barge thus making it late, the barge captain also had to reposition the barge 2-3 times to help them drive on. Finally they got on angry as hell. When it came time to get off the barge they cut in front of everyone, drove off first then drove the wrong way down the road and drove into the hotel down the exit road. We didn't check in straight away but instead went straight to dinner, when we left dinner and drove to our cabin there they were parked sideways across 4 parallel parks meaning there was no where for us to park. The only option was to put one of our 4x4s in real close to their back end and half up into the garden.

We came down in the morning and there was oldmate yelling and screaming in chinese at some random kingfisher employee because he couldn't get his Subaru out (which any normal person could have got out with some austin powers moves). So we moved out and went on our way. When we came back for the day, there he was again blocking 4 carparks but this time with his car covered in sand. Clearly he had decided to leave the resort during the day and got about 100 meters before he dug in and was skull dragged out by whoever. We parked him in again and went about our business. Next morning there he is again yelling and screaming because he couldn't get out. We didn't need that car for the day so we left it.

The car remained for the rest of the week but we didn't see them again after that. Then the day we went home i pull into the servo on the mainland to get fuel and like magic there he is, his stupid ass car filling up with fuel. He fills up with fuel and drives off and parks and go's and has a chat with his mates. He sends his wife in to pay a good 10mins later at the exact time I go into pay and the servo attendant says "you cant leave the pump until you've paid". She go's rank at him yelling and screaming, then swipes her card which declines and still ranting starts walking out the store. The servo attendant yells out "its declined!" she comes back runs another card which works and fucks off still ranting in Chinese.

So i pay for my fuel and leave, its 8pm and after about 5mins of a 60km drive i find myself behind them so i just got right up on their ass and put the highbeams on. Drove that way the remaining 60km's home.

Kingfisher (which includes Eurong resort and shops) has been for sale for a long time and sold very recently to a Chinese company, so I guess its going to get worse.

All that being said you can have a great time by just avoiding those tracks, they are no fun anyway because they are so chopped up, there's hundreds of kilometers of other tracks all of which are more remote and more fun. As for lakes, i just take people to Lake Birabeen and tell them its McKenzie and usually you're the only one there and no one is ever unhappy about it.

Maheno is there but it wont be for much longer. The inland tracks have been reinforced but they are pretty fucked on the main tracks between kingfisher and McKenzie and Eurong. They are fucked from repeated use by people who dont know how to drive. The run into McKenzie i actually bottom out on now and that's just from idiots getting stuck and digging holes.

The main trend i'm seeing is more Chinese, every time i go over i see more and they are pretty much always in Subarus or Rav4's, they don't understand and they wont listen, they drive the wrong way down roads and tracks and get stuck everywhere then once they get stuck they get angry at those trying to help, so no one helps, which blocks the track. Then when they finally get out they turn around and go back to kingfisher and spend the rest of their holiday angry there.

Even when we were there last there was a family in a suburu forester, they didn't understand how to drive onto the barge at Hervey Bay and would not listen to instruction from the deckhands, this lead to them taking about 10-15mins to drive onto the barge thus making it late, the barge captain also had to reposition the barge 2-3 times to help them drive on. Finally they got on angry as hell. When it came time to get off the barge they cut in front of everyone, drove off first then drove the wrong way down the road and drove into the hotel down the exit road. We didn't check in straight away but instead went straight to dinner, when we left dinner and drove to our cabin there they were parked sideways across 4 parallel parks meaning there was no where for us to park. The only option was to put one of our 4x4s in real close to their back end and half up into the garden.

We came down in the morning and there was oldmate yelling and screaming in chinese at some random kingfisher employee because he couldn't get his Subaru out (which any normal person could have got out with some austin powers moves). So we moved out and went on our way. When we came back for the day, there he was again blocking 4 carparks but this time with his car covered in sand. Clearly he had decided to leave the resort during the day and got about 100 meters before he dug in and was skull dragged out by whoever. We parked him in again and went about our business. Next morning there he is again yelling and screaming because he couldn't get out. We didn't need that car for the day so we left it.

The car remained for the rest of the week but we didn't see them again after that. Then the day we went home i pull into the servo on the mainland to get fuel and like magic there he is, his stupid ass car filling up with fuel. He fills up with fuel and drives off and parks and go's and has a chat with his mates. He sends his wife in to pay a good 10mins later at the exact time I go into pay and the servo attendant says "you cant leave the pump until you've paid". She go's rank at him yelling and screaming, then swipes her card which declines and still ranting starts walking out the store. The servo attendant yells out "its declined!" she comes back runs another card which works and fucks off still ranting in Chinese.

So i pay for my fuel and leave, its 8pm and after about 5mins of a 60km drive i find myself behind them so i just got right up on their ass and put the highbeams on. Drove that way the remaining 60km's home.

Kingfisher (which includes Eurong resort and shops) has been for sale for a long time and sold very recently to a Chinese company, so I guess its going to get worse.

All that being said you can have a great time by just avoiding those tracks, they are no fun anyway because they are so chopped up, there's hundreds of kilometers of other tracks all of which are more remote and more fun. As for lakes, i just take people to Lake Birabeen and tell them its McKenzie and usually you're the only one there and no one is ever unhappy about it.
    bloody hell. i'd love to go in the land rover but probably should go with someone/group who knows wtf they are doing lol

I was really surprised how shit and slow the inland tracks were. We did Birabeen lake and had a much nicer time.

I had the family there at Christmas and we were in a shitty rental 100 series and obviously didnít drop any acid like you guys.
    Last edited by Greg Rust; 24-02-18 at 09:54 AM.
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

That's the way to do it.
    It's been 15 years since I was there. Cost us a bomb after we fucked the hire Hilux. Hahaha.
    On the FJ economy. We have one at work with the small tank. Range is shithouse. Get an auxiliary tank or the updated model that had the twin tanks.