Thread: Choptastic

Choptastic

Righto cunts

Digging through my boxes of shit and found this

In my quest to be the most choptastic cunt in the world I want to use this on my Ironhead.

I'm thinking I'll put it at the back of the motor under where the oil bag lives and run two lines from where the oil filter normally lives.

Will my oil pump have enough nuts to pump the fucken oil all the way down the back of the bike, through two filters and then back to the front of the motor?

Something in my addled memory is telling me that these can be quite sensitive to oiling issues...

Further to that, from my hazy memory this cunt suits two Z9s, which might be a little on the large side for a 1000cc donk, anyone suggest a smaller filter that won't look so fucking ridiculous? I think a Z418 will fit? Anyone confirm?
    Last edited by 80DGY; 05-03-18 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by choppo View Post
    Looking forward videos of OP doing the chicken dance in drag with bananas up the arse and other fruit around the face in gay hypnotherapist rape dungeon

ha ha 1 oil filter good , 2 oil filters better

I think these are like Meriden triumph twins where the oil filter goes in the return line to the oil tank (you Harley types are so quaint with the 'oil bag' term.) and not the after the pump in the feed to the motor.

my quick googling tells me that the Harleys are all roller /ball bearings on mains /big ends so run fuck all pressure on the FEED side of oil pump.

so don't mess about with the feed.-if you can even find a tapping to take the feed pressure to your filters before it goes to the mains/crank- isuspect not

or just change the oil every 1000km
    Last edited by 9triton; 05-03-18 at 02:30 PM.

the oil pressure is so low bro don't fuck with it.

I ran a external filter setup and a filter of one of those cockroach citroen things on the chopper just behind the oil bag. Did the job because that engine was a bees dick away from been a copper mine lol. Bearings galore.

and then ?

Going to speak to some greybeards over the weekend and get their two bob

My old mate who's doing all the welding has folded me up a few different octagonal oil tanks ( ) so we can work out placement and go from there
    Looking forward videos of OP doing the chicken dance in drag with bananas up the arse and other fruit around the face in gay hypnotherapist rape dungeon

Theory says that one filter will be more restrictive than two, but the extra length of hose to put the filters somewhere useful may cause you issues. Roller bearing motors are not so critical on pressure (except when they've got cams and shit running in plain bearings), but they *are* critical on having clean oil - i'd definitely put a proper filter on it, or a debris screen type filter at a minimum.
    Is there anything done with them to bump up the oil flow? On GS1000/GSX1100 suzukis (Roller bearing crank) it's common to fit 750 oil pump gears to overdrive the pump and push more oil around.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

on evo sporties you can run a higher flow brass wheel from the buells. But in his case it wont work on the ironhead, I wouldn't be surprised if S&S have something that does the same for the old donks however.

But you have to take the cam chest apart and it's a royal pain in the ass to do.

Quote Originally Posted by brasher View Post
    But you have to take the cam chest apart and it's a royal pain in the ass to do.
    Surely it'll vibrate itself apart at some point? :P
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

the filter on the return line doesn't change the supply side pressure flow.

so if supply/feed side is ok now will be no change with bodgy's filter set up

google the kits for iron heads - usually has the filter up front on engine plates and return line back to the oil .. ba..tank. behind/under seat

so bodgys oil filter at back and then to tank will be approx. same pipe run.

the kits are like $70 on ebay
    Last edited by 9triton; 08-03-18 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Surely it'll vibrate itself apart at some point? :P
    I am well stocked with locktite

This will put a significantly longer pipe run in as all I was going to do was run a line from the front (where the filter is now) to the back, through this monstrosity and then back to the original oil filter location. I wasn't going to get fancy with rerouting the whole rock show and trying to reinvent the wheel.

I'm not keen on 'letting the HD out' (as fatz would put it) because this thing (surprisingly) doesn't leak and I'd like to keep it that way.

It gets more exciting with this cunt of a thing as it's on the crossover between the evo and the ironhead so it apparently shares parts with both, which makes buying parts super fun!

I suppose the worst thing that could happen is that it could clag the motor, how much could that cost to fix?. The plus side is I won't be doing any great speed if the cunt lets go...

Quote Originally Posted by 80DGY View Post
    I'm not keen on 'letting the HD out' (as fatz would put it) because this thing (surprisingly) doesn't leak and I'd like to keep it that way.
    Sure it's got oil in it? :P

haha nope!

it doesn't leak anyway, it sweats horsepower