Thread: 1971 Datsun 1600 for sale. Built SR20DET.

Littering and....?

1971 Datsun 1600 for sale. Built SR20DET.

Guys,

My other 1600 is now for sale. For pics please see the gumtree advert.
    I am flexible on this one as I had no idea how to price it.
    A lot of people on the forum have been in it over the years.
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/penr...rbo/1177184586

Here's the text from the advert.

1970 Datsun 1600 “Leroy” originally used as an IPRA race car in the early 90’s, then the vehicle was converted to a SR20DET powered street/race car in approximately 1995. I have owned this vehicle since 1998. This vehicle has full registration, is engineered (certificate from the 90’s) and is easily fully comprehensively insured. Selling due to lack of use, this is not my only hobby vehicle and I struggle to find the time to drive it. The vehicle has been driven less than 3000kms in the last 10 years and has been wet 5 or so times in the same period of time, it just doesn’t get used.

Engine: S13 SR20DET All alloy 2 litre twin cam turbo engine rebuilt by Phil Ryall of BRS Motorsports. Custom JE forged pistons (use RB30 ring pack), BRS rods, NOS Nissan crankshaft, ARP bolt kit, triple layer head gasket, modified oil pump, modified pick up etc. Ported, polished and serviced head rebuilt to GTiR specs. Modified factory inlet to accept extra injectors and larger factory 60mm throttle body. Mood motorsport coated low mount exhaust manifold. Coated Genuine Garrett GT35/40 and 45mm Turbosmart external wastegate with all Mood motorsport alloy pipe work. Mood motorsport custom radiator, intercooler and oil cooler combo with all Speedflow fittings and Samco hoses. Mood motorsport made overflow and catch can. Mood motorsport intercooler water spray kit with custom made water tank. Over $10000 spent on custom alloy work and coating. Makes 300rwhp at 10psi, has made over 450rwhp with methanol and a different fuel system. Only ran the 450rwhp tune a handful of times as the car was difficult to control on street tyres. The ECU is a EMS Dual Sport and is tuned by Vince Rigoli at V&E Rigoli. Boost control is managed by a Turbosmart Eboost. In the current state of tune (300rwhp) is still able to run low 12 second quarter mile times. This engine has less than 7000kms on it. With a change of ECU, E85 (and compatible fuel system) and boost the setup would be easily be able to sustain 450-500rwhp.

Gearbox: NOS S14a 5 speed, brought new from Nissan ($2300) and was replaced at the same time as the engine so has minimal use. Heavy duty clutch and lightened aftermarket flywheel. Custom made short shifter (which I am not 100% happy with so the standard shifter will come with the car), Nismo gear knob.

Differential: R200 3.9 LSD shimmed for extra lock up. Reconditioned 6 cylinder half shafts with Hardy Spicer heavy duty joints. External breather catch can setup.

Brakes and Suspension: Modified 200B struts with R31 brakes and Bilstein shocks. Larger front and rear sway bars, modified adjustable radius rods, rose jointed front end and modified swing arms in the rear to reduce negative camber. Commodore Bilstein shocks in the rear with standard rear drums. I have a rough r31 rear disc brake conversion that can go with the car (negotiable). Many other suspension modifications I have long forgotten.

Wheels and Tyres: Nissan TRX 15x6.5 alloys with Continental tyres.

Interior: Mostly standard black interior. Cobra drivers seat which is solid mounted, this seat is in poor condition, I do have a pair of Recaros Confetti SR3’s that can go with the car (negotiable). Dash pad, door trims and hood lining in average condition. Nardi Torino steering wheel. Fire extinguisher, Autometer tacho with shift light (recall, logging and print out features) as well as Autometer boost, oil pressure, water temperature, fuel pressure and electronic air/fuel ratio gauges. New battery located in the boot.

Body: This vehicle has some rust. There is minimal rust in the sills, lower quarters and guards. There is some rust in the boot seal and the passenger side A pillar. The floors are rust free and all the rust is evident in areas that the aftermarket now make replacement panels for. There are a few dents and paint issues here and there but it is in fairly good shape for a near 50 year old car. All the bright work has been painted black, the front bumper and grille have been cut to allow room for various coolers, I do have both an uncut black grille and front bumper to go with the car if the function over form look isn’t for you.

In short this is a fast, well-built street car that has had a considerable amount of money spent on it. You can either paint and panel it or leave it as is. Considering I’ve had the vehicle for over 20 years it is a difficult vehicle for me to price so I am happy to entertain offers but no swaps.

Due to work hours, the vehicle is only available for viewing on the weekends. No test drives without a cash deposit, apologies
    Last edited by Rhys; 05-03-18 at 05:24 PM.

So good. Glws
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Saw this on DUD. Looks ace.
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Littering and....?
    Price drop and rego added

Opposed to the PFAD Bill
    when does guido pick it up?

Quote Originally Posted by myliberty View Post
    Yeh guido - buy it or it'll be your loss
    Quote Originally Posted by race6.3l
    Only gripes are the bluetooth and stereo are bread and butter spec, not one person has been able to hear me properly during a call, even with my head all contorted towards the roof mounted microphone like im trying to growl a chic sitting on a clothesline

Quote Originally Posted by myliberty View Post
    Lol.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Sports Sedan

Opens
    I'll drive it back with you

Littering and....?
    Ive driven it to QLD before. Its a good overtaking car

Have been in the rear seat with no belts

Scary is a word
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Littering and....?
    Price drop again. Went to buy a house and ended up with two.