Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the heck will these fit?

What the heck will these fit?

So, i've got a set of oldskool Compomotive CX500 3 piece wheels - bought them, then took 4-5 years to get them home, and another couple of months before I dragged them out of the box to look at/measure. They were sold to me as being 5x98 pcd, 16x7.5", except I now know the guy who sold them is a moron, because he measured max diameter and max width, so they're really 15x6.5". I have a suspicion that they're also actually 5x100pcd (will confirm with a borrowed 5x98 hub soon), but the kicker is they're zero offset. Everything that's 5x98 (that I know of) runs a 35 or 40mm offset. Most of the 5x100 stuff i know of is 35-40 too.
    What the fuck would these have been on with 5x100 and zero offset?
    Also, they're a little rough, but looking around it appears 80's Compomotives are worth a fortune.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

a list of car by pcd, doubt its a complete list but may give you a few ideas
    https://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments_by_pcd.html
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

I've seen that list, it doesn't tell you fuck all. I've googled the fuck out of this already, thanks.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

From Mr googles I'm getting hits for VW Beetle and Karman Ghia. The offset would be right for the width, but pcd's shown vary wildly from 4x100, 5x100, 5x130 and up to 4 an 5x205, so probably not much help sorry.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

I've only ever seen beetles in a 4x130 PCD, and "wide 5" (5x205).
    5x100 would be new beetle, which is fwd. 5x130 is Porsche.

5x100 is Subaru and vw but yeah would be fwd type offsets that's a weird one you've got there!

Subaru is +55 offset for 5x100 stuff. Even Celica/Caldina GT4 is like +38. Only reason you'd go zero offset on something like that is to run wide wheels not something that is only 15x6.5.
    If in doubt power out

I was surprised with the early vw stuff showing up that pcd. First hit on Google was for an aftermarket brake kit, so would probably be using the new beetle hubs.

Only other thing I could think of would be some early euro or pommie stuff, or would there have been a cheap hub of that pcd common enough that it would have been used in clubman style cars or an open wheeler hill climb type car.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Yep, makes absolutely no fucking sense.

VW based kit car?
    Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the end of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Major View Post
    VW based kit car?
    It's only really more modern VW stuff that's 5x100 as far as I know - newer than the wheels anyway.

Yeah, I'd say one of these, but probably not an alfa or you'd already know about it. Maybe the Citroen or Lancia? I kinda doubt the Peugot

Alfa Romeo 75 (2.5, 3.0 V6)
    Alfa Romeo 75 (1.8 turbo)
    Alfa Romeo 75 (Twin Spark)
    Alfa Romeo 156
    Alfa Romeo 164 2.0 turbo
    Alfa Romeo 164 TD
    Alfa Romeo 164 3.0
    Alfa Romeo GTV
    Alfa Romeo Spider
    Alfa Romeo 147
    Alfa Romeo 164 5 Stud
    Alfa Romeo 75 (2.5, 3.0 V6, 1.8 turbo, Twin Spark)
    Alfa Romeo 156
    Alfa Romeo 164 (2.0 turbo, TD, 3.0)
    Alfa Romeo GTV, Spider
    Citroen C8
    Citroen Evasion
    Citroen Relay
    Fiat Ulysse
    Lancia Zeta
    Lancia Delta HF Integrale 92
    Peugeot 806

Yeah, they're *all* 30mm plus offset.

Maybe a Lancia Delta with flares? I mean, they are custom wheels, so it's entirely possible that they don't fit any production car. The more cars you can eliminate from the list, the more likely they are a "one off" assembly and they may need re-barreled to fit any standard car.
    Last edited by Xnke; 07-03-18 at 04:05 PM.

Likely a MK4 Golf owner stanced...

Definitely not a Grale. All the 5 studs had the flares too, and they're a 25-30mm 16" Speedline from memory.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Do they actually fit anything at all? Does it look like they've ever been fitted? Maybe mis-ordered/built up from leftovers/had one side of the rim swapped out... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin
    Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Since they're 3 piece rims just rebarrel them?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were on a Mk3 Golf widebody, Mk3 VR6 used 5x100 as did the Corrado. They use a 57.1mm center bore and 12mm studs if that helps.

This sort of thing.

Early Camry (SV20/VZV20) was also 5 x 100.
    Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Wheel-size.com
    Have spent hours on that site lol
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Bolt View Post
    Early Camry (SV20/VZV20) was also 5 x 100.
    Shame you knew that!
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Wow Gammaboy, that's a pain !! what pcd does a saab use?

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    Do they actually fit anything at all? Does it look like they've ever been fitted? Maybe mis-ordered/built up from leftovers/had one side of the rim swapped out... ?
    They've been used pretty hard. Inners are covered in brake crap, 2 outers are buckled. Definitely not NOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    Since they're 3 piece rims just rebarrel them?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were on a Mk3 Golf widebody, Mk3 VR6 used 5x100 as did the Corrado.They use a 57.1mm center bore and 12mm studs if that helps.
    Why would I piss a grand up the wall on wheels I have no use for? I want to get rid of the fucking things. As for widebodies, did you miss the fact that they're a 6.5" wide wheel?
    There's a really nice Mk3 VR6 living around the corner from me on what look like 16x8 revolutions, even they have more offset.

Quote Originally Posted by gerry View Post
    Wow Gammaboy, that's a pain !! what pcd does a saab use?
    4x108 or 5x110 for older stuff, 5x100 for the Saab-aru.

Stanced mk4 Golf Id say.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Stanced mk4 Golf Id say.
    They wheels predate stancing by about a quarter of a century though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    They wheels predate stancing by about a quarter of a century though.
    So do BBS RS.
    They fit on the Alpine 610...

In my new world order all cars will be 4x100 or 5x120mm. Metric all the things!

We have 2 5x114.3, 1 5x120mm, 1 4x101.4 (because fuck Minis) and 1 4x100.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    They fit on the Alpine 610...
    which had 16x6.5 or 16x7, ET35/ET40 wheels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post

I've had 4x98 (Alfetta GTV), 4x100? (Corolla), 5x98 (Alfa 75 and 164), 4xNFI (old Fiat 500), 5x114.3 (falcon and fairlane) and 5x100(Rover 75) in my ownership, and now have 4x108 and 5x120. Finding cool wheels for 4x108 blows goats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post

No 5 x 107.95 ? Don't you own a trailer?
    Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the end of the world?

I reckon the Apine 610 could well be on the money. You should have a q of people wanting to buy these...

None of our cars match.

1 x 5x100
    1 x 4x98
    1 x 5x114.3
    1 x 5x120
    1 x 6x139.7
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510