Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the heck will these fit?

You'll have about as much luck with those one as you would with 3 x 98. Was that only the Citroen AX?

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Why would I piss a grand up the wall on wheels I have no use for? I want to get rid of the fucking things. As for widebodies, did you miss the fact that they're a 6.5" wide wheel?
    There's a really nice Mk3 VR6 living around the corner from me on what look like 16x8 revolutions, even they have more offset.
    Sorry, didn't see the bit that you said you want rid of them.
    Just give them a quick clean to make them look presentable and throw them on ebay with as many wanky tags as you can think of to attract attention.
    Who really gives a fuck what they came off? As long as they bolt on and have the required amount of poke/hellaflush or what ever the current fucking eurotrash trend is they will be fine.
    Your problem is you're approaching this with common sense of someone who knows what they're doing. People who put zero offset wheels on cars not designed to run them don't give a fuck about common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Purple View Post
    You'll have about as much luck with those one as you would with 3 x 98. Was that only the Citroen AX?
    Smart car.

Peugeot 106 too, but only the earlier models.

Why the fuck do I know that?
    Last edited by FioriGuy; 08-03-18 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    I reckon the Apine 610 could well be on the money. You should have a q of people wanting to buy these...
    They're zero offset. There's plenty of shitboxes these will physically fit the hubs of, but the combination of relatively narrow and zero offset blows it out of the water for all of them.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    Sorry, didn't see the bit that you said you want rid of them.
    Just give them a quick clean to make them look presentable and throw them on ebay with as many wanky tags as you can think of to attract attention.
    Who really gives a fuck what they came off? As long as they bolt on and have the required amount of poke/hellaflush or what ever the current fucking eurotrash trend is they will be fine.
    Your problem is you're approaching this with common sense of someone who knows what they're doing. People who put zero offset wheels on cars not designed to run them don't give a fuck about common sense.
    Easier to sell via targeted audiences vs scattergunning it, especially when they need restoring.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Finding cool wheels for 4x108 blows goats.
    Image wheels in the uk. Expensive but South Park cop nice
    BeamTina

Quote Originally Posted by Slain View Post
    Image wheels in the uk. Expensive but South Park cop nice
    Yeah, nah.

There are cars that the Force Racing and Image wheels would look great on, unfortunately, I do not own one of these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    I reckon the Apine 610 could well be on the money. You should have a q of people wanting to buy these...
    Yes there is one A610 in the country living at Canungra.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan M View Post
    Yes there is one A610 in the country living at Canungra.
    There's a few 610s and GTAs in Oz, but these wheels won't fucking fit them.

0 offset in that width isnít that extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    It is when everything they're supposed to fit is 35 or 40 ET.
    So, it turns out that they *are* 5x98, so the only thing we can think is maybe they were used for gravel rally work on a GTV6...

Hmm, interesting. Can't think of many GTV6 rally cars. Greg Carr ran standard wheels on his back in the day from the photos I've seen.
    BUT, I saw a photo of Colin Bond's group A touring car at one of the Canberra rally sprints back in the day with mesh style wheels on the front, it's an action shot and I can't see what the rears are. Another photo of Bond's car from another year shows it running 5 spoke wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Yea i agree

Youre looking at stock rim sizing and then immediately saying they dont fit because theyre either a slightly wider rim or a lower offset

My experience has been that cars that are 35 or 40 offset drive like crap with a zero offset wheel on them, if it even clears the arches.

Giocattolo maybe?
    WWPBD

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum View Post
    first time i was in sydney, i asked the cabbie to tell a bit about the place. he said "this here oxford st, you see 2 man, they are poofter"
    Fuckwits Incorporated

Quote Originally Posted by CXTdreamer View Post
    Giocattolo maybe?
    Not wide enough by a long way.
    Anyway, as soon as i confirmed they were 5x98, they were sold.
    Job done.