Thread: 2009 RAV4 wiring diagram

2009 RAV4 wiring diagram

Had a bit of a google around and haven't turned up too much significant in terms of wiring diagrams for these things or any Toyota really.

About to trying to help a mate fix the blower fan in his RAV4. I haven't seen it yet but he says it doesn't blow at all and the AC won't turn on either. I did find a 2007 one which will probably be close enough but anyone got a source/site for diagrams? Will check the fuse and relay that switches everything on when the fan speed switch is turned on. All looks pretty simple and I presume it will be close enough, but it would good to get a 2009 diagram in case it's different.

Blower resistor is probably ruled out since he reckons the AC never comes on which it should from the wiring diagram (and also high should work as it bypasses the resistor). So fuse (he reckons he's checked them) and maybe the fan switch itself?

Any other suggestions before I see it?

This site is pretty good with that sort of stuff:http://www.rav4world.com/
    Chances are the issue has been discussed there before.

Yeah most search hits have taken me there. That's where I got the older diagram too.

Mostly saying resistor/fuse/switch etc but that's most of the system anyway. The standard problems don't quite line up with the symptoms reported but I don't 100% trust he's checked everything I said.

It was more the wiring diagram I was after.

Ac inop could be low gas or pressure switch. Fan faults are usually a.fuse or the resistor but they work on full. I think you have 2 issues masquerading as one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty! View Post
    I like cars. Cars are cool.

Always looking for Triumph 2000 and 2500 parts and cars.

Had a bit of a look at it. Fuses good, "heater" relay which supplies blower was not switching but tested good when removed from car. There's an inline diode in the diagram I had but couldn't find it but low risk. Couldn't easily get to the relay terminals as we didn't have the glovebox out. Most likely culprit is the fan speed switch but mate didn't feel like pulling the dash apart to get to it today. Didn't work on any speed and even if blower resistor was gone, relay should still switch (as well as fan run on full).

AC not working is likely the same problem. The fan switch that switches the relay to supply power to the blower fan also controls the AC i.e. 0 on the fan also turns off the AC. Given the blower relay wasn't switching, that's likely why the AC is not coming on too.
    Last edited by Shonky; 01-04-18 at 03:28 PM.

I'm guessing this has manual air? Iirc stripping the dash/console is pretty easy, I pulled mine apart trying to find a spare grommet to run wires through and recall it was fairly straight forward. Even went back together without any rattles.