Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: F1 China

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    McLaren is very underwhelming for supposedly the best chassis in the field. They should be up there challenging RBR. Sadly they're going to be well into the mid pack. Alonso is running out of time.
    Only by their own claim - apparently a running joke up and down the paddock last year and spread heavily by them to help rubbish Honda.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Pollitically incorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Both McLarens have finished all 3 races this season so far.

STR results from this season haven't been great. Bahrain was spectacular for Gasly but feels like an anomaly - they've been absolutely nowhere in Aus or China and have lunched an engine already.
    I suspect they pretty much ruined and engine there to make macca look bad in front of their major stake holders.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Both McLarens have finished all 3 races this season so far.

STR results from this season haven't been great. Bahrain was spectacular for Gasly but feels like an anomaly - they've been absolutely nowhere in Aus or China and have lunched an engine already.
    True. Although both STR cars showed good pace in Bahrain. Australia was before their big update. Gasley said after China quali that he struggled with car setup so could have just been an anomaly. I reckon they deserve at least the next race before judgment. /HondaFanboi

I was just expecting better performance from McLaren given they were talking up their chassis last year.

Quote Originally Posted by nastysven View Post
    I suspect they pretty much ruined and engine there to make macca look bad in front of their major stake holders.
    I highly doubt a racing team would intentionally compromise an entire f1 season for this. No way STR would have agreed to do this either.
    Last edited by Shitbreak; 16-04-18 at 02:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX19X View Post
    Shitbreak is the epitome of perfection.

pretty sure STR/honda arent paying any attention to engine penalties this season anyway. they know they arent going to make it so why waste the effort, just do a 100% development effort this year and build a good engine to have a proper tilt next year
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1980 KP60 4K - project #2 | 1994 UZZ31 Soarer 1UZ-FZE - Cruise missile

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo View Post
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by nastysven View Post
    I wouldn't argue with that theory, I'd be sure that STR and Honda know they are going to take plenty of penalties this year, but if it means RBR get a fast reliable engine next year. I'd reckon Mateschitz/Marko will cop that.
    " I didn't have $$$$$, so I thought I'd build a car instead" : Ron Tauranac

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Watched the race last night but got too drunk to type after the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    pretty sure STR/honda arent paying any attention to engine penalties this season anyway. they know they arent going to make it so why waste the effort, just do a 100% development effort this year and build a good engine to have a proper tilt next year
    If they ate a stack of engine penalties, even 1 or 2 really good results will set up a tail end team for the entire season. Points are hard to come by at that end of the field and gaslys 5th place will probably outscore both Williams and Saubers entire season hauls at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Only by their own claim - apparently a running joke up and down the paddock last year and spread heavily by them to help rubbish Honda.
    I wonder how much the story has changed since their performance hasn't lived up to the hype. They were pretty adamant it was *all* Honda's fault last year. They have no where to hide this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    If they ate a stack of engine penalties, even 1 or 2 really good results will set up a tail end team for the entire season. Points are hard to come by at that end of the field and gaslys 5th place will probably outscore both Williams and Saubers entire season hauls at the end of the year.
    doesnt really change their calculus though. theyre gonna be at the back either way so may as well soak up the penalties and get that honda engine to come good sooner rather than later
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1980 KP60 4K - project #2 | 1994 UZZ31 Soarer 1UZ-FZE - Cruise missile

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    I wonder how much the story has changed since their performance hasn't lived up to the hype. They were pretty adamant it was *all* Honda's fault last year. They have no where to hide this year.
    This years car seems to have too much drag and not enough downforce.

Heres the thing for TR - no one expects them to perform, so go all in - better to take a penalty every 3/4 races and keep piling in the developments. Plus you'll often have a fresh engine you can turn up, and race back towards the front.
    #teamtremolo

Heres the thing for TR - no one expects them to perform, so go all in - better to take a penalty every 3/4 races and keep piling in the developments. Plus you'll often have a fresh engine you can turn up, and race back towards the front.
    dis

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    doesnt really change their calculus though. theyre gonna be at the back either way so may as well soak up the penalties and get that honda engine to come good sooner rather than later
    Yep if engine penalties equals development then thatís alright.

I wonder if they are allowed to introduce new parts after the 3rd engine tho? Is there any kind of homologation rule around that or is that simply what the engine penalties are for?

Yep. A consistent 11th place is nothing when you could be getting a 4th or 5th every now and then
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar

Good news story for Fez & McLaren - not so much for Williams, FI or Merc. Only 3 races so it'll be interesting to watch this develop. I reckon it's still pre-season until Monaco anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Yep if engine penalties equals development then thatís alright.

I wonder if they are allowed to introduce new parts after the 3rd engine tho? Is there any kind of homologation rule around that or is that simply what the engine penalties are for?
    I thought they were, that why the Renault team have pretty much factored in four engines so so they could have more upgrades throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX19X View Post
    Shitbreak is the epitome of perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Shitbreak View Post
    lol, legend!

So I wonder how strong the vibe is with talk of Mercedes now wanting Ricciardo to take Hamiltons place ??

2 weeks ago was rumoured Ham was about to sign the highest grossing sport contract ever and now dan taking his place.... really
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shitbreak View Post

Here is a gif of Valtteri Bottasís reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Dan would replace Bottas.....
    #teamtremolo

So the Macca racing now is a modified version of last years chassis.

The "REAL" 2018 "best of all time" chassis is due to race for the first time in Spain.
    Panzer Wagen

M-Cars follow the idea that power should be felt & not seen