Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 121 to 143 of 143

Thread: F1 China

  1. #121
    TJzone TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    25,056
    Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    McLaren is very underwhelming for supposedly the best chassis in the field. They should be up there challenging RBR. Sadly they're going to be well into the mid pack. Alonso is running out of time.
    Only by their own claim - apparently a running joke up and down the paddock last year and spread heavily by them to help rubbish Honda.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

  2. #122
    Pollitically incorrect
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,499
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Both McLarens have finished all 3 races this season so far.

    STR results from this season haven't been great. Bahrain was spectacular for Gasly but feels like an anomaly - they've been absolutely nowhere in Aus or China and have lunched an engine already.
    I suspect they pretty much ruined and engine there to make macca look bad in front of their major stake holders.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

    Dr Hoon
    .

    DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

  3. #123
    Registered User Shitbreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    15,046
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Both McLarens have finished all 3 races this season so far.

    STR results from this season haven't been great. Bahrain was spectacular for Gasly but feels like an anomaly - they've been absolutely nowhere in Aus or China and have lunched an engine already.
    True. Although both STR cars showed good pace in Bahrain. Australia was before their big update. Gasley said after China quali that he struggled with car setup so could have just been an anomaly. I reckon they deserve at least the next race before judgment. /HondaFanboi

    I was just expecting better performance from McLaren given they were talking up their chassis last year.

    Quote Originally Posted by nastysven View Post
    I suspect they pretty much ruined and engine there to make macca look bad in front of their major stake holders.
    I highly doubt a racing team would intentionally compromise an entire f1 season for this. No way STR would have agreed to do this either.
    Last edited by Shitbreak; 16-04-18 at 02:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX19X View Post
    Shitbreak is the epitome of perfection.

  4. #124
    Registered User trdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,321
    pretty sure STR/honda arent paying any attention to engine penalties this season anyway. they know they arent going to make it so why waste the effort, just do a 100% development effort this year and build a good engine to have a proper tilt next year
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1980 KP60 4K - project #2 | 1994 UZZ31 Soarer 1UZ-FZE - Cruise missile

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo View Post
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

  5. #125
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    gawler
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by nastysven View Post
    I suspect they pretty much ruined and engine there to make macca look bad in front of their major stake holders.
    I wouldn't argue with that theory, I'd be sure that STR and Honda know they are going to take plenty of penalties this year, but if it means RBR get a fast reliable engine next year. I'd reckon Mateschitz/Marko will cop that.
    " I didn't have $$$$$, so I thought I'd build a car instead" : Ron Tauranac

  6. #126
    Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    10,854
    Watched the race last night but got too drunk to type after the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

  7. #127
    Registered User Reedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    pretty sure STR/honda arent paying any attention to engine penalties this season anyway. they know they arent going to make it so why waste the effort, just do a 100% development effort this year and build a good engine to have a proper tilt next year
    If they ate a stack of engine penalties, even 1 or 2 really good results will set up a tail end team for the entire season. Points are hard to come by at that end of the field and gaslys 5th place will probably outscore both Williams and Saubers entire season hauls at the end of the year.

  8. #128
    Registered User MZ21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    6,478
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Only by their own claim - apparently a running joke up and down the paddock last year and spread heavily by them to help rubbish Honda.
    I wonder how much the story has changed since their performance hasn't lived up to the hype. They were pretty adamant it was *all* Honda's fault last year. They have no where to hide this year.

  9. #129
    Registered User trdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    If they ate a stack of engine penalties, even 1 or 2 really good results will set up a tail end team for the entire season. Points are hard to come by at that end of the field and gaslys 5th place will probably outscore both Williams and Saubers entire season hauls at the end of the year.
    doesnt really change their calculus though. theyre gonna be at the back either way so may as well soak up the penalties and get that honda engine to come good sooner rather than later
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1980 KP60 4K - project #2 | 1994 UZZ31 Soarer 1UZ-FZE - Cruise missile

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo View Post
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

  10. #130
    TJzone TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    25,056
    Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    I wonder how much the story has changed since their performance hasn't lived up to the hype. They were pretty adamant it was *all* Honda's fault last year. They have no where to hide this year.
    This years car seems to have too much drag and not enough downforce.

    Heres the thing for TR - no one expects them to perform, so go all in - better to take a penalty every 3/4 races and keep piling in the developments. Plus you'll often have a fresh engine you can turn up, and race back towards the front.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

  11. #131
    Registered User trdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,321
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    This years car seems to have too much drag and not enough downforce.

    Heres the thing for TR - no one expects them to perform, so go all in - better to take a penalty every 3/4 races and keep piling in the developments. Plus you'll often have a fresh engine you can turn up, and race back towards the front.
    dis
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1980 KP60 4K - project #2 | 1994 UZZ31 Soarer 1UZ-FZE - Cruise missile

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo View Post
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

  12. #132
    Registered User Reedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    doesnt really change their calculus though. theyre gonna be at the back either way so may as well soak up the penalties and get that honda engine to come good sooner rather than later
    Yep if engine penalties equals development then thatís alright.

    I wonder if they are allowed to introduce new parts after the 3rd engine tho? Is there any kind of homologation rule around that or is that simply what the engine penalties are for?

  13. #133
    Nay sayer Mr Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    14,955
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    This years car seems to have too much drag and not enough downforce.

    Heres the thing for TR - no one expects them to perform, so go all in - better to take a penalty every 3/4 races and keep piling in the developments. Plus you'll often have a fresh engine you can turn up, and race back towards the front.
    Yep. A consistent 11th place is nothing when you could be getting a 4th or 5th every now and then
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

  14. #134
    The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1979
    Location
    Zamunda
    Posts
    4,838


    Good news story for Fez & McLaren - not so much for Williams, FI or Merc. Only 3 races so it'll be interesting to watch this develop. I reckon it's still pre-season until Monaco anyway

  15. #135
    Registered User MZ21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    6,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Yep if engine penalties equals development then thatís alright.

    I wonder if they are allowed to introduce new parts after the 3rd engine tho? Is there any kind of homologation rule around that or is that simply what the engine penalties are for?
    I thought they were, that why the Renault team have pretty much factored in four engines so so they could have more upgrades throughout the year.

  16. #136
    Registered User Shitbreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    15,046
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX19X View Post
    Shitbreak is the epitome of perfection.

  17. #137
    Registered User Shane001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Shitbreak View Post
    lol, legend!

  18. #138

  19. #139
    Registered User Stevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Kensington
    Posts
    1,175
    So I wonder how strong the vibe is with talk of Mercedes now wanting Ricciardo to take Hamiltons place ??

  20. #140
    Look behind you... Milkman Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    look behind you
    Posts
    3,055
    2 weeks ago was rumoured Ham was about to sign the highest grossing sport contract ever and now dan taking his place.... really
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

  21. #141
    Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    10,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Shitbreak View Post


    Here is a gif of Valtteri Bottasís reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

  22. #142
    TJzone TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    25,056
    Dan would replace Bottas.....
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

  23. #143
    Registered User AndyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    3,203
    So the Macca racing now is a modified version of last years chassis.

    The "REAL" 2018 "best of all time" chassis is due to race for the first time in Spain.
    Panzer Wagen

    M-Cars follow the idea that power should be felt & not seen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •