Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Holden gone for reals by 2020?

So sales of 2 per month for about the 200 dealers left = 4,800 a year
    Slightly down on the 23,676 for last year.
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

June: 1,044
    887 ZB's / 157 VF's

YTD: 4,225
    2,204 ZB/2,021 VF

They aren't terrible numbers in context of other cars, (23rd most popular) but certainly not the kind of numbers of days past. And I'm sure not what would have been forecast.

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    ZB sales were 1159 in June and 1040 in May. A few hundred of those were remaining VFs but they must be close to all sold by now.

So, the ZB is doing relatively well. But given there don't seem to be a lot of private buyers for them, I wonder if most of them are going to Avis etc. I've seen a few with rental barcodes now.

Edit: beaten while I was typing it!

Seems to be at least 400 V8 VFII either new or demo on carsalses and from what the guys on another site were saying that's only the tip of the iceberg as to whats actually unsold.
    CAD Automotive Paint Correction

No loss. They don't have anything worth buying. Colorado is the best thing they have.
    Nope

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Does anyone know what company Holden uses to store cars? Is it Linx cargo care?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Quote Originally Posted by FLI355 View Post
    Seems to be at least 400 V8 VFII either new or demo on carsalses and from what the guys on another site were saying that's only the tip of the iceberg as to whats actually unsold.
    Seriously? So are they holding them to try to keep the prices high?

If I walked into a dealer and said SS ute, not fussed about colour would I struggle or get asked what trim colour etc?

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    There's not many utes left unsold, but there's a few.

In other news. former Toyota boss Dave Buttner will head up Holden from next month. I guess he'd know how to sell cars!

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Slow View Post
    In other news. former Toyota boss Dave Buttner will head up Holden from next month. I guess he'd know how to sell 'fridges!
    Apart from the Beavis & Butthead sniggering at his surname ... did he have to deal with a reputation for poor quality as well as a buyer backlash due to "backstabbing" at Toyota? I think the challenges at Holden would be different.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

still got an orange gtsr here.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty! View Post
    I like cars. Cars are cool.

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Quote Originally Posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    Apart from the Beavis & Butthead sniggering at his surname ... did he have to deal with a reputation for poor quality as well as a buyer backlash due to "backstabbing" at Toyota? I think the challenges at Holden would be different.
    He's more than aware of the issues, that's one of the reasons why the hired him. The fact he's an aussie running Holden is being seen as an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Slow View Post
    In other news. former Toyota boss Dave Buttner will head up Holden from next month. I guess he'd know how to sell cars!
    I don't think h̶e̶'̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ he knows how to sell a car with Rio Tinto banging his door for hundred Hiluxes/Prado's very few months, that alone keeps them alive and well.

Of note, i was filling out a log book for a pool truck in the car park at work, when one of the managers walked up.
    Him "You picked this mizone?"
    Me "Yeah, don't like the Ranger, Inafrock is OK but just don't like driving it, so I grab the Colorado when I can"
    Him "I'm handing back the FG Falcon keys as it's out of lease. Drove the lot. Getting one of these..."

Still think they are a good thing, for the money even better. Seems I'm not alone.
    Last edited by mizone; 18-07-18 at 10:34 PM.

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    Does anyone know what company Holden uses to store cars? Is it Linx cargo care?
    No, Prixcar store Holdens.
    LINX Is owner of Autocare which was formerly Patrick Autocare who i drive for.
    Last time i was in Prixcar there where still a fair few VFs beside the 1000's of ZB's and Equipox's

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!