Thread: Husaberg FE501 Project Turd

Husaberg FE501 Project Turd

So I bought this thing on a whim off a couple of young blokes. Young blokes rode it until it stopped. Young blokes went peak young bloke and instead of thinking about why, just started pulling things apart in a fit of “I know boats” Serval months pass. Young bloke breaks up with missus, life’s all too hard. Sells Husaberg to me. I get there. Side cover is off it, Cam and rocker gear are off it, carbie is off it, everything has been attacked by Captain Finger tight. I get it home. Think I’ll get this going. Have a bit of a play. Drink beer looking at it Decide life’s too short. Rage quite.

The cons:

Cam timing is still not right. Had a shot and failed. So the rockers/covers is currently off it
    It has no spark. I’m sus on the wiring and apparently the stators aren’t known for their brilliance. It could be simple as a dead battery… or not
    Its need a good going over i.e pretty much everything. Its missing a few bolts for the plastics and all the cables have been young bloke‘ed
    Its Swedish

The pro’s:

It appears to be a fairly low km bike. Speedo reads 15xx kms and looking at the wear on the frame/brakes etc I sort of believe it
    You can push it over by hand and there feels to be good compression still. Doesn’t clunk or do anything sus
    Suspension/brakes/ wheels all top of the line shit
    Its Swedish

I mainly bought it as I remember riding them when they were new and they were at the time the best suspended bike Id ever ridden. I’ve got 2 other bikes in the shed so in hindsight is a project I should of passed on. It’s a good restorer/parts bike/whatever but it will take a fair bit of time sorting it out to get it back riding. Its got to go so I’ll throw it up here for a day or two before I Facebook it and enjoy that process…

$700 ono lowballs fish tanks old mattress etc. all considered. Bike’s in Canberra and I can potentially help with transport depending on where you are through a mate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Husaberg.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	352.1 KB 
ID:	106140  
    Looking for 86 GSXR bits. PM me

And sold...

Looking for a cheap dirt squirter at the moment, what's the standover height like on these things? If memory serves the Husa's are quite tall and I'm quite not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Looking for a cheap dirt squirter at the moment, what's the standover height like on these things? If memory serves the Husa's are quite tall and I'm quite not.
    There isn’t a whole lot of difference in seat heights between any of the enduro race bikes. They are all ~950mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many is cheap? I have something that's not quite this cheap but it's pretty fresh?

see my topicxxxxx
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Didn't seem any taller than any of my other dirt bikes. But 950mm would be about right