Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: ARP long wheel studs

  1. #1
    Resident Oaf Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    ACT Now!
    Posts
    26,956

    ARP long wheel studs

    Any worthy local suppliers? After 14x1.5 and at least an inch over stock.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons


    Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Any worthy local suppliers? After 14x1.5 and at least an inch over stock.
    Do they have to be ARP? I can recommend a supplier of long studs, we have been running them on the track for a couple of years without incident.

    https://i.imgur.com/nnAGSTs.jpg

  3. #3
    Non Compos Mentos Gammaboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    15,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    Do they have to be ARP? I can recommend a supplier of long studs, we have been running them on the track for a couple of years without incident.

    https://i.imgur.com/nnAGSTs.jpg
    Nice products?
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ballarat
    Posts
    267
    EngineMasterAustralia is where I get mine .........

    Be careful about knurl diameter and length

    https://www.enginemaster.com.au/arp-...onda-97-onward or
    https://www.enginemaster.com.au/?rf=kw&kw=wheel+studs

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Nice products?
    Well done! Gold star for you Gamma!!

  6. #6
    Resident Oaf Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    ACT Now!
    Posts
    26,956
    Thanks lads! Sprinkles, got a link?
    Doesnít have to be ARP but they are a known brand. The bigger the knurl the better as Iím hoping to change stud pattern by offset drilling the current stud holes in the hubs to take a larger stud. By me I mean a machine shop lol
    Last edited by Jim; 15-05-18 at 07:44 PM.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons


    Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Thanks lads! Sprinkles, got a link?
    Doesnít have to be ARP but they are a known brand. The bigger the knurl the better as Iím hoping to change stud pattern by offset drilling the current stud holes in the hubs to take a larger stud. By me I mean a machine shop lol
    Here you go

    https://niceproducts.com.au/products/wheel-studs-nuts/

    The Swift has an odd sized knurl, these guys have a big range and plenty of stock so were able to sort me out. Super helpful, good to deal with. Based in Marrackville, Sydney.

  8. #8
    Registered User lukevl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    3,192
    Subscribed

  9. #9
    Resident Oaf Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    ACT Now!
    Posts
    26,956
    Thanks mate. Will investigate!
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons


    Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Campbelltown, Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    609
    These are only just new from ARP (a month ago)

    http://arp-bolts.com/kits/ARPkit-det...?RecordID=5256

    We have 10 sets on order, how fast were you chasing them

  11. #11
    Resident Oaf Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    ACT Now!
    Posts
    26,956
    No rush. I get around two hours a fortnight to work on this thing so progress is somewhat glacial.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons


    Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •