Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The really really big dirt bike. BMW1200 GSA Rallye.

Awesome. Nice update.

Went and sat on one these at Southbank BMW today. They have 4 used ones in there at the moment. One with 66K on that still looked pretty good. Salesman said they had one in their service department with 400K plus kms on the other day. Still going strong.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Saw a kid with this at a restaurant the other day. Was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdytoot View Post
    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    I rode this to work yesterday and still love it just as much as the day we met. I think the connect app may be drunk tho.

Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Nice average speed man Haha

Little update whilst I’m here. Only managed another 500klms due to life and work getting in the way. I’ve added a set of bar risers that lift the bars 40mm and bring them back to you 10mm. The factory placement is ok for sitting but it just a little bit of a reach that gives you some fatigue in your shoulders over long day on the bike. The real benefit comes when you’re standing on the pegs. The factory placement makes for a bit of a reach down to the bars so having them 40mm higher puts the bars at a relaxed arm hight.
    At the same time I was doing the bar risers I rotated the Nav unit up so you can see it clearly when standing on the pegs. The factory location is great for sitting but as soon as you stood up you couldn’t read anything. Not much point if your in the bush following the GPS and have to keep sitting down to read it. Now is a great compromise you can see it both sitting and standing.

Other shit. Because I’ve been ridding it to and from work I bought an in helmet phone connect thing. I start getting work phone calls from about 0630 to the same time at night. With this thing I simply turn the bike on hit 2 buttons at the same time on the unit to turn it on and everything connects at the same time. Bike connects with my phone then connects with the helmet thing. I can then work everything on my phone from the handle bar controls. Its very easy to use and will allow you to play music on your phone, make phone calls or use it as an intercom between bikes and up to 6 people. Has an intercom range of 1.6klms or something.
    With the music it is very volume limited so you can hear everything around you and its more just in back ground rather than over powering. When you make or get a phone call the volume is higher and you can hear people quite clearly. They can also hear you very will with zero wind noise. I’ve got an adventure helmet by Shoie (Hornet X2) that seems like its made for an intercom. Everything tucks away completely with the mike boom fitting inside the front of the helmet seamlessly. Once you get it set up you don’t need to think about it again.
    https://www.adventuremoto.com.au/sen...on-system~slim

For my next little project is hooking up one of these. I picked it up 2nd hand for $150 of an adventure bike page.
    https://www.adventuremoto.com.au/den...roller-for-bmw

The factory “spotlights” are complete rubbish and no better then the lights that come on cars as fog type lights. In fact high beam over powers the spot lights with ease. The Denali controller allows you to run another set of lights without needing any stand alone wiring. Everything is controlled by the standard controls in the bars.

Last edited by willsy01; 29-09-18 at 11:19 AM.

Factory "spot lights" look like Hella Micros, the DE foglights are good, the spot light version is rubbish. The Baja Design stuff, like the headlight on the other bike, would be a massive upgrade.

Nice, but I would have thought not having phone calls on the way to and from work would be a blessing.

Sucks to be important I guess.....

And the bug trip is when???

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Yeah unfortunately those phone calls are usually pretty urgent and a 30 minute delay at the start of the day can add up to a couple of hours at extra cost at the end of the day. I’m far from important my cog in the wheel is just a critical one.

As for a big trip I’m building up some leave and waiting for my mate to get his bike. No rush I love this thing and there is plenty of time.

Opens
    I've got the same Sena. I can't believe how good the audio and voice is. Combined with the ram mount on the bars, it's super handy for nav or checking to see if you need to answer or not
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

HAHA the name, number and picture if you have one comes up on my dash. Hit the “Wonder wheel” right to answer and left to reject.

Opens
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lowrrryyy View Post
    HAHA the name, number and picture if you have one comes up on my dash. Hit the “Wonder wheel” right to answer and left to reject.
    On your dash? Wow, that's pretty fancy.

Better than my Renault Cup that only shows the phone number - really helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it