Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 second 620hp Range Rover for $50k

Modern turbos I can understand large power increases with electronic wastegates etc.

How do you add that much more with a tune on a supercharged unit?

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Is it a pulley/intercooler swap as well or just a tune?
    Just tune for now

Quote Originally Posted by Shonky View Post
    Modern turbos I can understand large power increases with electronic wastegates etc.

How do you add that much more with a tune on a supercharged unit?
    The motors are throttled back in the factory tune, torque limited, boost limited, etc

The Jag 5.0 motor has factory outputs of 470, 495, 510, 550, 575, 600hp, all from the same motor, just different tunes, different exhausts.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

My neighbour has a new SVR do want.
    If in doubt power out

This thing has a new exhaust and cats now.

The size of these fucking things!

Two mufflers replaced by x-pipe.

Not obnoxious loud but it's got a nice Euro growl to it now, still nice & serene at highway speeds until you put your foot down.

Speaking of which, this thing was pulling away from my XKR on the drive home from the exhaust fabricator, so it's gotta be low 12's now.

Anyhow we'll find out soon enough, I'm taking it to WSID for the Sunday Street Meet on 30th June.

Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Noice

Man time flies. I remember when an L494 was a premium vehicle years from release and now there are some that sound like this haha. Love it!

Can these things tow as well as the V6TD Jack?
    Find your Freedom
    Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
    www.FreedomFunding.com.au
    www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
    If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

That sound be easy to handle for a daily.Sounds decent.
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Quote Originally Posted by TUFGMH View Post
    Noice
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by lukevl View Post
    Man time flies. I remember when an L494 was a premium vehicle years from release and now there are some that sound like this haha. Love it!
    Thing is, this new personality totally suits it, it's how it should have been from the beginning, only thing missing is a switchable active exhaust like the Jags, would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs View Post
    Can these things tow as well as the V6TD Jack?
    Same 3500kg braked tow rating, same tongue weight, CGM, etc
    Stock 5.0L supercharged motor has 625Nm so it's got the power, you will use more fuel than the diesels of course.
    But TBH we wouldn't recommend a balls-out tune in one that's going to be towing at max weight.
    Pushing around an F-Type at 2000kg vs a fully laden RRS with maxxed trailer at 6750kg CGM is a whole other story.
    Land Rover themselves dropped the RRS SVR tow rating down from 3500kg to 3000kg, so they know it themselves.
    (SVR has the 550PS/680Nm factory tune vs. the usual 510PS/625Nm in the standard models)

Quote Originally Posted by gtrboyy View Post
    That sound be easy to handle for a daily.Sounds decent.
    There are worse ways to travel, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
    Thing is, this new personality totally suits it, it's how it should have been from the beginning, only thing missing is a switchable active exhaust like the Jags, would be perfect.
    I sent that vid to my mate at JLR and he said "Sounds just like the SVR"

That's no coincidence

results???
    ~~ ~~
    ~ (**) ~
    ~~ /\~~
    ~ mmm...stick boobies~

Aaaaahhhh.... well... not quite what we were expecting, but at least we know why.

Plus a couple runs slightly slower where I bogged the launch.

But basically it was falling over in the top end, should have been at least a 112mph trap.

After the first run I popped the bonnet and was fucken hot under there, and not cooling down between runs either, heat soaking real bad, intercooler temps way up.

I'd been through this shit before with my XKR, so I called the owner, and quizzed him if it had the coolant changed or any other work on the cooling system. Turns out yes, new coolant just a month ago, did they use a vacuum bleeder to get the air out? Nope...

So I've ordered a vacuum bleeder kit, should be here tomorrow or Monday, we'll bleed the fucker and take it back again for another try.

According to JLR it's mandatory to use a vacuum bleed/fill on the 5.0L otherwise you'll never get the air out. But the reality is any water to air intercooler should be vacuum bled.

When I did the vacuum bleed on my XKR the first time nearly an extra litre of coolant went in compared to what came out, that's a lot of air to be trapped in there...

This is win
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Knocking on 12's door. Hopefully, the coolant bleed will get you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

I thought it was the old dunga, not a new model

Sorry not super impressed by the times now LOL

Word on the street is tuned X5s hit 11s at good mph

Still a Jeep fan and the trackhawk is flying the flag with 9s from the usual mods

looks baller.

looking forward to seeing the 12z
    ~~ ~~
    ~ (**) ~
    ~~ /\~~
    ~ mmm...stick boobies~

Cheers!

It's no 9-second Jeep Wankhawk but it's okay...

Should be sorting the vacuum bleed out tomorrow, maybe WSID tomorrow night if everything goes to plan.
    Last edited by Jack Nicholson; 16-07-19 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanBatman View Post
    Still a Jeep fan and the trackhawk is flying the flag with 9s from the usual mods
    Yeah, but then you're in a Jeep. If you're going to be sitting somewhere waiting for a tow truck, the Rangey is probably the nicer place to be.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Yeah, but then you're in a Jeep. If you're going to be sitting somewhere waiting for a tow truck, the Rangey is probably the nicer place to be.
    Jeep is miles faster though, so youd break down quicker and the tow tuck would already be on the way

So the rage rover driver can think of what merlot to have with his lunch while the Jeep driver is already smoking ice

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanBatman View Post

Links?

/ --------------- \
    _/ /___________\ \_
    /_________|_________\
    |OOO ___________ OOO|
    \______|====|______/
    [_]-------------------[_]

If it ain't on dragtimes, it didn't happen.
    Last edited by Jack Nicholson; 17-07-19 at 08:53 PM.

ill dig them up but there an Aussie guy running 10.2's @130+mph and says its good to go 9's soon

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByISvMgF7Ao/

fastest i've seen around has gone 9.4's @147mph

video is on youtube
    Last edited by MexicanBatman; 17-07-19 at 04:23 PM.

What's the list of mods and $$$'s put into these Trackhawks?

So far I spent $1000 for cats & exhaust mods on the Range Rover, plus the flash tune which will have some sort of pricetag eventually.

Everything else stock as a rock.

well 11.6 stock out of the box

then its up to you, intakes tunes pulleys exhausts ethanol

i dont know what they are all modded too, but i hear 10's is basic tune and fuel only mods

id say to hit 9's they are stuffing some boost into them

regardless a 2500kg brick that hits 147mph is impressive

the hellcat motor is a massive upgrade over the 6.4L

the 6.4L was fantastic if you left it stock, but it didn't respond to mods, and chuck boost at it and they almost all poke a rod through the block, thats why i didn't add boost to mine

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Ive driven a trackhawk and off the line it went like something that size and weight should not. Once rolling and above 70 or so an Xr6T with around 350 rwkw feels quicker imho. The mph also shows this.
    Either way putting a hellcat motor into anything should not be a surprise that it gets moving.
    None of this takes anything away from the Range Rover anyway imho.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Trackhawk might be faster down the strip but the Rangie isn't exactly a slouch. Mate picked up this the other day:

He then had to head to Germany to check his new depot. His wife posted that the GPS tracker recorded him doing 160 mph on the Autobahn for about an hour.
    He was thinking about getting it tuned but thinks it's fast enough, his last TDV8 was tuned and went like a scolded cat and he reckons this one, SVAutobiography Dynamic, eats it for breakfast.

12 second 620hp Range Rover for $50k

Yeah well, we kinda fucked up tonight.

The car had half a tank of fuel in it, so weighed in 40kg heavier than last time.

Did 12.94 @ 109.12mph

It's still got a lot more in it yet.
    Last edited by Jack Nicholson; 17-07-19 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    , his last TDV8 was tuned and went like a scolded cat and he reckons this one, SVAutobiography Dynamic, eats it for breakfast.
    Imagine how fast it would have been if the cat had boiling water poured on it instead of just being told off!
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."