Thread: The Triumph is dead, long live the Triumph

The Triumph is dead, long live the Triumph

With the demise of my Daytona, and being told that it is gone.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bent triumph.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	108596

So went and had a look at a replacement for my written off Daytona this afternoon, and I put my moneys down on this....

Name:	new bike 1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	108595

A late 2013 built, MY2014 Daytona 675R, slightly less km than mine had and presented better than the photos showed.

Name:	new bike 2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	108594

Main differences between my old bike and this one are Ohlins suspension, Brembo Brakes and carbon fibre infills and front and rear guards. It also has the triumph led slimline indicators, the single seat cowl the triumph frame sliders (that don't do much) and a R&G tail tidy. The R model also gets a quick shifter standard, that my old bike had fitted as an option.

Oh, and the most important bit, it has the arrow exhaust that was optional, and the baffle fell out too, so awesome pops and crackles to be had

Name:	new bike 3.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	108593

Just had a service and has 10 months rego.

The guy selling was great to deal with and is happy to keep the bike until I get back later in October, when I pay him the balance of the price when the payout comes through from Shannons.

So now am a happy chappy again with the new toy to be ridden a lot when I get home from this work trip.
    Last edited by PXL265; 28-09-18 at 04:15 PM.

Nice ride

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Nice replacement option.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

So having made it home, I got the new toy today.

Picked up the box of bits that came with it, standard number plate mount, the pillion legs and frames and pillion seat, and did the paperwork so I can transfer rego Tuesday.

Then ubered back to pick it up. Rode it to team moto at Enoggera to book it in for roadworthy, which won't be a problem as they did a service in September, and the service guy recognised the bike.

After booking the roadworthy I rode home via Sanford and Nebo. Slow trip as there was a bit of traffic, shit on the road, and plod was in his usual spot near the turn off for bellbird Grove. He didn't want to say hello to me today. For one, I had a feeling he would be out, for two a rider coming up the hill let me know he was there, and as the good citizen I am, I returned the favour for the riders I saw as I came down the hill, and for three he was having a lovely chat to a couple if drivers of a BMW and Audi.

First impressions are the bike is a bit sharper than the old one, no doubt due to the ohlins front and rear and the big brembos up front.

The bike may also have been set up properly at some stage too.

The arrow exhaust still has the baffle, so the bike doesn't sound as cranky as mine did, but that will be fixed later......

It's the old version so the baffle is screwed in, so an easy fix....

The other main difference between the 675R and the 675 is the carbon fibre....

I also bought my old bike back from the salvage auction, so will swap over the triumph adjustable rear sets, the power commander V, the zero gravity screen and the engine cover kit.

Then it will be my bike....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PXL265; 20-10-18 at 01:55 PM.

nice bike, congrats.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Thanks, bought a smile to my face riding it this morning, now just to make it louder....

Jak Sie Masz! trent from punchy's Avatar
    Excellent bike. Enjoy it.
    www.markpakula.com
    2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
    2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
    2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
    2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Thanks, I will.

As I will be working in Jakarta time whilst home I will be doing some nice early rides to take advantage of Brisbane spring weather in the mornings.

So what's the plan with old one?

Quote Originally Posted by MVLUV View Post

"Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by MVLUV View Post
    Gamma boy has put his hand up for some bits, I have to get a couple more bits off it and from there it will hopefully be sold.

Would make a good base for a track bike. The frame looks untouched in the hit, and the motor, box, rear suspension and swing arm are all good, as is the front brakes, instrument cluster, fuel tank and so on.

I have swapped most of the bits I wanted over, so if you are interested, pay me some moneys and take it away.

How's the front master cylinder?

All good.

Pm sent.

And the bike is done for the moment. Last piece of the puzzle got done today.

All the bits I wanted off the old bike are swapped over to the new bike. I got the power commander swapped over today. The time it took team moto at Enoggera to install it was worth it for where the worse plugs are for the swap.

The list of bits swapped were:

The adjustable rear sets, proper Triumph ones.

The fuel tank as the lock is buggered on the tank in the new bike and the old tank looked better.

The zero gravity tinted screen.

The engine cover kit.

And the standard grips off the old bike.

And the power commander.

The power commander makes the throttle response a bit crisper and the exhaust a little more pop and crackly on the over run.

And the old bike sitting as spare parts/to be sold when I get back

Thanks to gamma, he made it a late night for me when he was over to get the wheels and rear brake, when he asked if I was keeping the shitty aftermarket grips, so an hour or so swapping them over and my hands don't hurt now when riding.

Last edited by PXL265; 01-11-18 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PXL265 View Post
    Thanks to gamma, he made it a late night for me when he was over to get the wheels and rear brake, when he asked if I was keeping the shitty aftermarket grips, so an hour or so swapping them over and my hands don't hurt now when riding.

You'll thank me everytime you ride it and look at it - those stupid half aluminium grips are a) Minging, and b) terrible. Every time I see them on a bike, I know they don't ride much. If at all.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Yes, yes I do.

The standard grips are so much better and I don't feel anywhere near the vibrations I did with this shitty grips.

And with being home last week, I got to enjoy the bike taking it out for a few quick rides.

It sounds a lot nicer than the Duke, especially when you are up it and the triple is singing its song.

The extra 100 or so HP took a little to get used to, expensive beers can happen very quickly.....

ANy ways a couple of pics out enjoying just missing the rain on a couple of runs....

Name:	IMG_20190305_150543946_HDR.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	110728

Name:	IMG_20190307_103103021_HDR.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	110729

Name:	IMG_20190307_102903178_HDR.jpg